Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: RR/RC for Broken Crescent - RELEASED

zburanuki's Avatar Ducenarius

Default Re: RR/RC for Broken Crescent - RELEASED

k/t I think that the problem is the fact that even i reinstalled BC again, for some reason the regions' names are those that byzantineboy used to his submod. I checked the corresponding files, but the names have the vanilla ones, but ingame they don't! Don't ask me how that happens, but it happens.

As I know these 2 submods are incompatible, so that'w why I have CTDs. My PC wants format in order to delete uterly some files. I'm 100% sure that I didn't do any installation mistake with your submod. I did delete map.rwm which is inside world/maps/base and not inside imperial_campaign as you wrote. No offence! Tha't the only reason I can think it's responsible for the CTD.

Also a member from my HS who had the JKD submod and uninstalled it (I sent him my current vanilla data), installed your submod and he could recruit as the Seljuks of Rum only ships and siege werapons.

Ooooh...you installed his submod as well? Haha, yeah, that's why you have CTDs.

You have to manually combine the files we've both changed if you want both submods to run together.

I have to assume the problems your member had are also due to this incompatibility. Something must have been left behind. I will try the Seljuks of Rum and see on which end the problem is.

zburanuki's Avatar Ducenarius

The curious is that delete the whole BC then reinstalled it and then I installed your submod, but still I have CTDs. It's insane how can I have JKD region names, without having the submod now and with a clean BC install. I just can't explain it...

That sounds very strange. Ask him or Gigantus what the problem might be, because I don't have a clue how those changes might persist after removing the whole mod and reinstalling.

EastJerusalem's Avatar Civis

K/t thank you for your answer. Very well then. Yes I did delete the map file per the installation instruction, I found it somewhere in base folder. Thanks again for being helpful.

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

Sounds like the virtual store strikes again. Follow this tutorial from step 3 onward and then don't forget to delete the Medieval II Total War folder in the virtual store folder.

"K/t thank you for your answer. Very well then. Yes I did delete the map file per the installation instruction, I found it somewhere in base folder. Thanks again for being helpful."

So is it working now?

Hah. Nicely spotted, Gigantus.

are formations of crusaders in this mod tighter?

I don't know if I've changed formations yet, but I will for the next update.

okay. but when i install this mod there are no castles, only cityes. but when i load autasave, there are castles, is that ok ?

Hrobatos's Avatar Praeses

You should probably start a new game, I think this means that he has completely removed castles from game.

Cenk's Avatar Libertus

Why castles are removed? Isn't that historically inaccurate?

"when i load autasave, there are castles, is that ok ?"

No. There should be no castles at all. Only some forts.

Did you delete map.rwm? Did you make sure there's no Virtual Store issue? Or you just didn't start a new game?

Cenk, check post #89.

why can i not recruit soldiers from any of the starting cities?
    btw, thanks for a great mod and submod! I love the changes

If you installed everything correctly, you should be able to recruit. Do you have the proper buildings?

Ok, I hope these links work for everyone:

http://www.mediafire.com/?yonouza3mmd8aju

http://www.mediafire.com/?9ltfsos94f5lxul

I included the latest map_regions in the update, so if you use these files you no longer need to get it separately.

Now I just have to amalgamate the two folders so there's just one set of files.

Well basically I've checked all of the buildings in the building browser and for some reason all the starting cities cant recruit from town hall or barracks/ghulam barracks.

Quote Originally Posted by k/t View Post
    Ok, I hope these links work for everyone:

http://www.mediafire.com/?yonouza3mmd8aju

http://www.mediafire.com/?9ltfsos94f5lxul

I included the latest map_regions in the update, so if you use these files you no longer need to get it separately.

Now I just have to amalgamate the two folders so there's just one set of files.
    They do! thanks a lot
    Roma, Acta est Fabula
    Released! version 0.9B of the mayor overhaul mod for IB2 Vandalorum

Quote Originally Posted by Maliken View Post
    Well basically I've checked all of the buildings in the building browser and for some reason all the starting cities cant recruit from town hall or barracks/ghulam barracks.
    I experience the same thing, all they mayor countries cannot recruit a single unit, so far I only can recruit a few in Makouria and in Rajput India, so i am afraid some file is missing.

Also in the building browser show no sign of recruitable units in townhalls and it upgrades. Further Cities like Bagdad and Constantinople have a tier 1 barrack but that is not showing in building browser and have no recruitable units too.

and a final request to put all the files in proper hierarchy map, it is a big puzzle for non modders like me to find all the exact locations for all the files
    Roma, Acta est Fabula
    Released! version 0.9B of the mayor overhaul mod for IB2 Vandalorum

Did you delete map.rwm?