Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: RR/RC for Broken Crescent - RELEASED

Default Re: RR/RC for Broken Crescent - RELEASED

hello k/t I sent you a private message to have your submod

To silverarmon, towers react to the presence of enemy troops and can't be captured like the gate.
    Find this....
    fire_rate small 5000 3250
    fire_rate normal 4500 3250
    fire_rate large 4000 3250
    fire_rate huge 3500 3250
    and make the numbers larger for a greater cooldown.
    Or one can change the arrow stat damage value to 1 or something similarly impotent..

Also, K/t, I am sending you my email address, if you feel inclined to email me the update, I would be very happy.
    Your work looks excellent.

Can someone please post update file please ?

I too, would like the update. I have sent k/t a private message about it already with my email, however.

Me three. Plus a quick question: Is this mod compatible with the current Jizya new religion mod and really bad ai mod altogether ?
    Last edited by Babygod22; July 04, 2013 at 10:12 AM.

“The hardest thing in the world is to assume the mood of a warrior. It is of no use to be sad and complain and feel justified in doing so, believing that someone is always doing something to us. Nobody is doing anything to anybody, much less to a warrior.” ― Don Juan
    "It is the soldier, not the reporter, who has given us freedom of the press. It is the soldier, not the poet, who has given us freedom of speech. It is the soldier, not the campus organizer, who has given us the freedom to demonstrate. It is the soldier, who salutes the flag, who serves beneath the flag, and whose coffin is draped by the flag, who allows the protester to burn the flag." -- Father Dennis Edward O'Brien, USMC

Thanks alot man, it's like buddha personally answered my prayer ) + rep!

Thank you, the man, the myth, the legend.

I am back now, and I have emailed the files to everyone who sent me his address.

I modified the building file, and so did the Jizya guy, so no, they are not compatible. You could merge them manually, though. There should be no problem with Really Bad AI, though.

"hello guys. could someone tell me how to change the stats at "descr_walls" so the towers can be captured by my forces? Despite there is no enemy on the walls they continue to fire on my troops and annihilate them!!!"

I sent you the update, so use the descr_walls file provided in it.

So you know next time, you have to change all instances of "manned 0" to "manned 1". The file in the update is already changed for you.

Senator

Excuse me,

I am unable to to download the march update, and gamefront doesn't work in my country. Could anyone send me a link?

Thanks in advance.

You have to tell me your email address and then I email you the files. For some reason the forum redirects to a blank page.

wudang_clown's Avatar Fire Is Inspirational

Have you tried to re-attach the update?

Under the patronage of m_1512

Yes, but the forum still redirected to a blank page. I will try again, since the forum has been shifted around and hopefully has settled down.
    Attached Files Attached Files

wudang_clown's Avatar Fire Is Inspirational

Weird.

Could you repack it and then reattach?

Under the patronage of m_1512

Ok, I repacked and I added the new map_heights file, so you no longer need to get the one I posted on its own.

Assuming you can download the folder this time.

IT WORKS! IT WORKS! HAHAHA!

Good call, Wudang.

zburanuki's Avatar Ducenarius

Here is my system log k/t. I hope you meant that one

Ok, tell me exactly what you did after installing BC. How did you install my submod? When did the problem arise? Was BC working before you installed my submod?

zburanuki's Avatar Ducenarius

1) I extracted the update and the RC/RR to different folders on my desktop. Then I copied the update's files to RC/RR folder. After that I copied these files to the corresponding folder of BC's data.

2) The CTD happens when BC's picture (the 2 turco-persian guys) is loaded.

3)Obviously it was working.

EastJerusalem's Avatar Civis

Default Re: RR/RC for Broken Crescent

Sorry for the basic question, please be patient to this bloody noob in using the submod. So how do I know if the installation works. See if I got this right, Pashtun Warriors should have free upkeep unit as stated in previous pages. But it says (as Ghurids), it costs 192 instead. Thanks in advance

A good way to tell is that archers don't all have 5 attack.

If the Pashtun Warriors cost 192, then you have installed everything correctly. The upkeep cost is always displayed, even if the unit has free_upkeep_unit. A unit with that attribute does not have to be paid for only if it is in a settlement that is capable of recruiting such units. As soon as you take the units out of the settlements or put them into settlements that can't recruit them, you'll be paying for them. You can tell when you don't have to pay because the background of the unit card becomes darker.

Zburanuki, there is no error message in your log, and the CTD didn't occur during playing, so I think you might have made a mistake during the installation. The files work for me and for everyone else. Other people had problems only when not installing properly.

Did you delete map.rwm before beginning a campaign with the submod?