Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112

Thread: RR/RC for Broken Crescent - RELEASED

Default Re: RR/RC for Broken Crescent - RELEASED

varangian guard is holding their axe with 2 hand and their shield on top of the axe, it look like they're fighting with a damn umbrella =)) You might wanna check that out.

Emperor of The Great Unknown's Avatar Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by k/t View Post
    "can the (non-visual) effects of flaming arrows be modded?"

I don't think so. Making flaming arrows be permanently on would hurt morale, and it might be possible to change the display of the fire projectile, but I don't know if it would be possible to stop people from bursting into flames when hit by them.

BTW this effect is possible, you should have to use the exploding shot function (works identical to flaming arrows, but none of the visual effects attached.) It is just as simple as making an 'exploding' version of all arrow projectiles. You can also tweak fire delay and accuracy, perhaps splitting up arrow fire into aimed targeted shots and quick suppression shots.
    Give a man a fish you feed him for a day, teach a man to fish you feed him for a lifetime.
    cant read?

Quote Originally Posted by albinkhan View Post
    is this mod compatible with..[Submod]Jizya, Kafirs & Dhimmis?
    Unfortunately not

I followed all the installation instruction correctly, still getting a CTD when starting the game. Anyone an idea whats going wrong?

D:\SEGA\Medieval 2 Total War\mods\Broken_Crescent_kingdoms\data -> battle_config, descr_campaign_db, descr_engines, descr_mount, descr_projectile, descr_walls, export_descr_building, export_descr_unit

D:\SEGA\Medieval 2 Total War\mods\Broken_Crescent_kingdoms\data\text -> export_buildings, export_units

D:\SEGA\Medieval 2 Total War\mods\Broken_Crescent_kingdoms\data\unit_models -> battle_models_db

D:\SEGA\Medieval 2 Total War\mods\Broken_Crescent_kingdoms\data\unit_models\_units -> the meshes in the folders. The meshes from the "romans" folder go into the "romans" folder, the meshes from the "abbasid" folder go into the "abbasid" folder, and so on. The meshes from the "ghulams" folder have a different name than the originals, so you don't need to make any back-ups in their case. The included battle_models_db has been changed to account for the new name.

D:\SEGA\Medieval 2 Total War\mods\Broken_Crescent_kingdoms\data\world\maps\campaign\imperial_campaign -> campaign_script, descr_mercenaries, descr_strat

D:\SEGA\Medieval 2 Total War\mods\Broken_Crescent_kingdoms\data\world\maps\base -> descr_regions, map_heights, map_features, map_regions

IN THAT LAST FOLDER, DELETE map.rwm BEFORE STARTING YOUR FIRST CAMPAIGN. YOU ONLY HAVE TO DO THIS THE VERY FIRST TIME. THE GAME WILL TAKE A LITTLE LONGER TO START THAN USUAL BECAUSE IT IS GENERATING A NEW map.rwm WHICH INCLUDES ALL THE CHANGES FROM THE NEW FILES.

What does the log say?

I was getting the CTD too, so second time I didn't install the update - just the original MOD. So far, no CTD. I've seen quite a few people reporting CTD here recently, so I think it's unlikely they are all installation errors. Who knows. Sometimes it's just a puzzle. Like many others I've never been able to get DLV Europa working (though I must have successfully installed 30+ mods over the years), but some people, downloading from the same sources, have. Strange.

I used those files without problems, which is why I need you to tell me what the log says...

Why are the classes of most archers set to skirmisher?
    It's kind of inconvenient because they are seen as infantry.

karaislam's Avatar Vicarius

man i like this.

if i wanna use just edu i must add walls and projectiles txt file aswell.

also is it possible to use ur just edb file?

SoulBlade's Avatar Vicarius

Hi, did you update it for BC 2.4?
    Quote Originally Posted by Eastern Roman View Post
    Satan works in cunning way to keep us away of god. Sciene is the religion of Satan.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hobbes. View Post
    TWC is ruining my abilty to have an erection
    Quote Originally Posted by Point Blank View Post
    Regarding the Irish, if its between them and the Timurids:
    Irish: ran around bogs and forests munching on potatoes
    Timurids: slaughtered millions and threw empires into terror
    OK I'm not sure the Irish had potatoes in medieval times but that still doesn't tip things in their favour
    When in doubt, say - Trve Norsk Blękk Mettal

a

// [Last.fm][/SPOILER]
    Play Supremacy 1914, the free real-time strategy online games and the Browsergame of the Year 2009!

[SPOILER]

Supremacy1914 - the best MMO

Spoiler for Dangerous stuff
    Code:
    Signature stock:  

If/when this is updated for 2.4, then I will make it a part of Broader Roman Recruitment submod.

Hello,
    is this version compatible with BC 2.4 ?

jurcek1987's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Unfortunately, no. Since k/t hasn't been online since november, it would appear someone else will have to update this for 2.4. I can give it a go, although I certainly would need some help since this is a really large project. I already imported his EDU changes to 2.4 but I would need to update the new units as well. I've never done this before, I think k/t inspected each unit in custom battles to see what kind of armour and equipment they used and assigned the stats according to the RC table. Although personally I'd keep the castles, I'm not a fan OST (one settlement type), but the rest of the changes are great and a big improvement on vanilla gameplay.

hello,if i use this for the 2.4.2 version will it crash?
    also jurcek can you plz upload your adapted version for 2.4.2?

Judeman266's Avatar Senator

Hey k/t,

I was playing as the KOJ and the only units available to me were locals, mercenaries and the Crusader Sergeants that come via the port. None of the actual KOJ units were recruitable. Have you seen this issue and if so, how do I fix it?

I am sort of getting back into M2, so updating the mod for 2.4 would be nice to do. I'll have to see what jurcek has done already.

Dear k/t,

Great to know you are back.
    Best regards,

FFJean

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112