Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: RR/RC for Broken Crescent - RELEASED

Default Re: RR/RC for Broken Crescent - RELEASED

Quote Originally Posted by k/t View Post
    Yes, your suggestions would make battles more realistic, but there is no way to get the engine to do the things you want. Missiles can't damage stamina, I doubt they damage morale unless flaming, and I took flaming missiles out, and we can't change the rate at which stamina is lost and regained without giving the unit stamina traits, which will still not do what you want.
    hmm.. maybe the flaming property could be made permanent, but the (visual) flame effect removed? btw, can the (non-visual) effects of flaming arrows be modded?
    "Name none of the fallen, for they stood in our place, and stand there still in each moment of our lives. Let my death hold no glory, and let me die forgotten and unknown. Let it not be said that I was one among the dead to accuse the living."

"can the (non-visual) effects of flaming arrows be modded?"

I don't think so. Making flaming arrows be permanently on would hurt morale, and it might be possible to change the display of the fire projectile, but I don't know if it would be possible to stop people from bursting into flames when hit by them.

mAIOR's Avatar Senator

"can the (non-visual) effects of flaming arrows be modded?"

I don't think so. Making flaming arrows be permanently on would hurt morale, and it might be possible to change the display of the fire projectile, but I don't know if it would be possible to stop people from bursting into flames when hit by them.
    Holly intervention? :p

I was actually thinking about this myself.

Never mind... I figured it out.
    Last edited by Crymson; November 03, 2013 at 03:27 PM.

TracePoland's Avatar Foederatus

Nice Submod

Hi,

I want to test out mod, but it ctds when I start it

log attached below

http://www.megafileupload.com/en/fil...c-log-txt.html

Did you install everything correctly? Are you using the Steam version or Vista or something like that?

Ah, its seems the problem was that your mod is not compatible with byzantineboys submod. Is there a way to fuse both of those mods together?

It is possible, it would be a somewhat time consuming project, using a program called winmerge and some trial and error.

I have the steam version of kingdoms and am getting a CTD when loading the grand campaign. Is there a solution to fix this?

If it is not some Steam/UAC/Virtual Store issue (there are some), then you most likely installed it improperly. Did BC work on its own?

You'd have to post your log, anyway.

I am playing as the ERE. Right now, 20 turns in and i cannot recruit any unit from Constantinople, Nicaea, Nicomedia, Sinope, and most initial settlements native to ERE. What is going on? I can't build barracks and stable and feudal buildings there either. Is this WAD? If so I really need an explanation for this massive hand-cuff.

Did BC work on its own? Is this the first campaign with RR/RC? Did you install everything properly? Did you delete map.rwm? Do you have the prerequisite buildings?

IZ-Master's Avatar Centenarius

is there anyway to use real combat and not real recruitment, I love the new stats and everything but, i dont like that the castle were removed, and I prefer to have the recruitment showed progressive instead of all at the beginning.

Stainless Steel Beta Tester Version 6.0->6.1
    DarthMod 1.4 D: The Last Episode Beta Tester

You don't get everything at the beginning.

Someone else wondered about putting the castles back in, and I explained what he had to do. You'll have to read back a few pages. At least I hope it was in this thread and not by PM.

You could simply use only my EDU and descr_projectile and descr_walls and descr_mount. Then you'd have the stats but the Vanilla BC recruitment system and castles.

Ferdiad's Avatar Patricius

Did BC work on its own? Is this the first campaign with RR/RC? Did you install everything properly? Did you delete map.rwm? Do you have the prerequisite buildings?
    I have the same problem.

He didn't answer any of my questions, and neither did you.

Ferdiad's Avatar Patricius

I fixed it now, did a complete reinstall and it works grand.