Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 LastLast

Thread: RR/RC for Broken Crescent - RELEASED

IZ-Master's Avatar Centenarius

Default Re: RR/RC for Broken Crescent - RELEASED

Quote Originally Posted by k/t View Post
    You don't get everything at the beginning.

Someone else wondered about putting the castles back in, and I explained what he had to do. You'll have to read back a few pages. At least I hope it was in this thread and not by PM.

You could simply use only my EDU and descr_projectile and descr_walls and descr_mount. Then you'd have the stats but the Vanilla BC recruitment system and castles.
    Thanks that exactly what i wanted to know . I will have to look into the recruitment and see how it really works, as I may have the wrong impression.

Stainless Steel Beta Tester Version 6.0->6.1
    DarthMod 1.4 D: The Last Episode Beta Tester

Great to hear, old chaps.

Cool Mod,

seems to fix unbalances from the main mod - so now axes and swords are superior to spears? :-)

In some ways, yes.

I'm still working on this submod, but I've hit a wall with BMDB.

Which version do I need to use your mod? I assume 2.3.2.2 but what about the quickfix?

Install all the parts of BC, including the quickfix, then my submod.

Isn't the quickfix the last .2 in the name?

Yes it is, got a little confused

Great mod, man! Really makes BC more balanced and enjoyable.
    I have 2 things to report, though.
    1. The Varangian Guard now hold their axes with both hands, which is cool. However, it looks weird because they have one hand so close to the axe head that I doubt they could kill someone that way. Will try to post a screenshot.
    2. I see two copies of a unit in the custom game unit roster. I don't think it makes any difference in the Campaign, though. Will try to name the unit.

Thanks again.

Edit: Having trouble uploading the screens, though the Varangians are definitely weird. I downloaded the stuff from the first post, which is the latest version, right? If so, you can check it out for yourself. The double version unit in the Custom Game Unit Selection is Soomro Kshatriya Warriors.

Is this mod compatible with Really Bad AI?
    Last edited by Rad; April 04, 2014 at 12:35 PM.

1) I noticed that too. I will have to ask Jedi Knight to fix that.

2) Soomro appears several times in Vanilla BC too. Jagirdar Horse Archers did too. There is no difference in the campaign, because those units are recruited differently or something. I forget. You can check their in-game names in the EDU and find those names in the EDB to see what the differences are.

Check the RBAI forum to see if there is a set of files made by Germanicu5 for BC. If there isn't, you can do a manual integration.

is this mod compatible with..[Submod]Jizya, Kafirs & Dhimmis?

lodewijk's Avatar Civis

Quote Originally Posted by albinkhan View Post
    is this mod compatible with..[Submod]Jizya, Kafirs & Dhimmis?
    seems it doesnt mate, afaik that submod made changes of edb

Check the previous page.

Well been playing this mod with the Abassids.

Stables are three turns to build each level but Barracks 4, 8, and 8. Also I think the recruit situation is overly complicated. Why not use the MIC concept of Europa Barbarorum? This eliminates in one stroke smith, stables, barracks, and Ghulam Barracks. Also perhaps eliminate Alchemist, Mason, Theological, Horse Breeder, and Swordsmen Guilds. Perhaps tweek the scripting so Port Cities always get explorers guild so their trade fleets vastly increase in value and makes AI fight hard to keep a port and Merchant Guild only appear in landlocked provinces.

That would free up space if you decide to absorb Jizya, Kafirs, and Dhimmis project into your own in a Friendly/Hostile Takeover only to be foiled by Perry the Platypus

Merchants I think can safely be eliminated as well to free up more space. Overall a solid change battlewise but clunky strategy wise.
    Well look at this here, a brewing free-for-all in Western Horn of Africa. What could possibly go wrong...

No, the Abbasid stables are 6, 3, 3, 3 and the Abbasid barracks are 5, 8, 3, 5, 6. That is because the Abbasids don't gain that many more units from the stables at each level, while they gain a lot more from the barracks.

I haven't played EB, so I don't know what system it uses.

I don't think there is a Swordsmen's Guild in BC.

I doubt the AI will fight any harder for a city with a port, but I could increase the amount of guild points ports give to the Explorers' Guild.

What space will the merchants be freeing up?

Quote Originally Posted by k/t View Post
    No, the Abbasid stables are 6, 3, 3, 3 and the Abbasid barracks are 5, 8, 3, 5, 6. That is because the Abbasids don't gain that many more units from the stables at each level, while they gain a lot more from the barracks.

I haven't played EB, so I don't know what system it uses.

I don't think there is a Swordsmen's Guild in BC.

I doubt the AI will fight any harder for a city with a port, but I could increase the amount of guild points ports give to the Explorers' Guild.

What space will the merchants be freeing up?
    EB you build a single building that recruits units, each successive tier has additional facilities inbuilt to stimulate a military industrial complex. In that way they got rid of all the extra buildings for recruitment and had them consolidated into one.

Explorer Guild point for ports is good, and certainly helps AIs income flow so they build bigger armies.

Merchants, less agents taking up CPU power and crowding up the map, making it hard to keep track of who is where.
    Well look at this here, a brewing free-for-all in Western Horn of Africa. What could possibly go wrong...

Whats the rational for Afghan Nobetribesmen Cavalry having 8 defense and ANI having 16? Is it because the mounted Afghan Nobles present a bigger target? I got quite the shock in my Ghorid Campaign when they got shot to pieces.

Hi, how do I access and post a log of my CTD from this mod? I'm having the same problem those two had from the last page where my grand campaign just immediately crashes after faction selection. BC 2.3.2 works fine vanilla, I have all the files backed up and carried over, I've repeated this same process multiple times, and I'm playing on steam. What's going on?

What does the NOTE TO ALL PLAYERS in the first post say?

########################################

The log is in your main M2TW folder, in the "logs" folder.

You probably didn't transfer a file, or didn't delete map.rwm, or you're using another submod.

Laetus

I installed everything correctly, mod runs but in the campaign I cannot recruit anything but ships and siege engines.

What's up with that?

Then you didn't install everything correctly, or you also installed another submod.