Thread: Cool easter eggs or no?

Default Cool easter eggs or no?

Like maybe a ca logo on london or where ever ca is based's wall?

Or like a legion of men and women made up of their faces

Or maybe a pacman running through the city lol

I don't know just random things in a game that doesn't affect the game play, but add humor to all the killings

Maybe

Default Re: Cool easter eggs or no?

No. What the hell? How bored must you be to think of this stuff. Go play Blizzard games if you're looking for comic relief.
    The whole modern world has divided itself into Conservatives and Progressives. The business of Progressives is to go on making mistakes. The business of the Conservatives is to prevent the mistakes from being corrected. - G.K. CHESTERTON

TheRomanRuler's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by atheniandp View Post
    No. What the hell? How bored must you be to think of this stuff. Go play Blizzard games if you're looking for comic relief.
    Indeed it would be stupid... For some FPS, yes, for realistic RTS, no.
    Apologies for anyone who's message i may miss or not be able to answer

Quote Originally Posted by atheniandp View Post
    Whens the last time you gave the old Rome a good playthrough?

AngryTitusPullo's Avatar Comes Limitis

This reminds me of Nowonmai Worlocks.

CIVITATVS CVM AVGVSTVS XVI, MMVI
    IN PATROCINIVM SVB Dromikaites SVB MareNostrum SVB Quintus Maximus
    Want to know more about Rome II Total Realism ? Follow us on Twitter & Facebook

Hopefully CA have learned their mistake in FotS and keep the gags subtle, in-text, and from "easily digestible" sources (I dare any one of you to speak out against the "Hungarian Phrasebook")
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Brian de Bois-Guilbert View Post
    the Church has only improved mankind in history

For this there are words, but none that abide by the ToS.

dafuq you say?

♘Top Hat Zebra's Avatar Praepositus
    That place you go to when the world becomes too much? I'm in the world. I'm why it's too much.

Quote Originally Posted by DarthShizNit View Post
    Whens the last time you gave the old Rome a good playthrough?

^This. How did you people not notice the bits of comedy in all the Total War games?
    "Rajadharma! The Duty of Kings. Know you: Kingship is a Trust. The King is the most exalted and conscientious servant of the people."

When they were making those horrid jokes in FotS such as the exaggerated accents of literally everyone under the sun, it was too "in your face" to be funny. If they're including jokes, they need to keep it to text descriptions, if it's a reference it needs to be from a source that's widely considered funny (the example I gave was the phrasebook, a reference to a Monty Python skit. The translated phrase in the description in game is something to the effect of "My hovercraft is broken") and the key is it needs to be subtle enough that you don't have to notice it.

Original jokes are fine, if they execute them correctly, such as insane generals speaking and the likes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Brian de Bois-Guilbert View Post
    the Church has only improved mankind in history

For this there are words, but none that abide by the ToS.

BM309K58SMERCH's Avatar Centenarius

Personally, the only humor that I know (or find) from RTW is when they zoom in on a general as he dies. I find it (the "falling" animation) very hilarious the way the general and the horse suddenly disengage from each other and the general looks like he's falling from 10 meters. While the camera zooms in on the general for emphasis.
    Also when the beserkers fling their enemies or uppercut them and the same "falling" animation plays.

♘Top Hat Zebra's Avatar Praepositus
    That place you go to when the world becomes too much? I'm in the world. I'm why it's too much.

Quote Originally Posted by Lazarus View Post
    When they were making those horrid jokes in FotS such as the exaggerated accents of literally everyone under the sun, it was too "in your face" to be funny. If they're including jokes, they need to keep it to text descriptions, if it's a reference it needs to be from a source that's widely considered funny (the example I gave was the phrasebook, a reference to a Monty Python skit. The translated phrase in the description in game is something to the effect of "My hovercraft is broken") and the key is it needs to be subtle enough that you don't have to notice it.

Original jokes are fine, if they execute them correctly, such as insane generals speaking and the likes.

"My hovercraft is full of eels."

Gods man, what is wrong with you!
    "Rajadharma! The Duty of Kings. Know you: Kingship is a Trust. The King is the most exalted and conscientious servant of the people."

Its not coming out in March?

type cheat code "oliphaunt" in rome total war. Watch as giant elephants send enemies flying into the air a few miles.

Travel way up north and come across the Amazon Chariots.

Now THAT I can appreciate....cause....you know...chicks..on chariots...with bows...

Paragon's Avatar Senator

That's one thing I like about old-style traits. Some of their definions, or the traits themselves, were hilarous and hard to get.
    This is my Aragonese AAR, One Single Man

If you read and comment, there WILL be cake!