Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Rome 2, 12-18 months away, what fills the gap?

Default Rome 2, 12-18 months away, what fills the gap?

Ok, looks like we've got a loooooong wait for R2 .. so how will we fill it ?

Longbow games will be releasing a Roman game late this year, so might fill a small, if somewhat unsatisfactory gap. http://www.longbowgames.com/rome/

Any other Roman / Ancient games this year ?

R
    oOo

Rome 2 refugee ...

oOo

Default Re: Rome 2, 12-18 months away, what fills the gap?

Quote Originally Posted by Rorarii View Post

Longbow games will be releasing a Roman game late this year, so might fill a small, if somewhat unsatisfactory gap. http://www.longbowgames.com/rome/

R
    Rome Total War of course...And reading

AngryTitusPullo's Avatar Comes Limitis

Rome Total Realism.

CIVITATVS CVM AVGVSTVS XVI, MMVI
    IN PATROCINIVM SVB Dromikaites SVB MareNostrum SVB Quintus Maximus
    Want to know more about Rome II Total Realism ? Follow us on Twitter & Facebook

ACTUALLY, this gap could be filled by .... WW1 total war come on CA, we know the current engine has another gun-powder game in it.

R
    oOo

Rome 2 refugee ...

oOo

R
    Longbow games only have a team of what? half a dozen people? None the less ive been looking forward to this for the last several months.

TheRomanRuler's Avatar Campidoctor

ACTUALLY, this gap could be filled by .... WW1 total war come on CA, we know the current engine has another gun-powder game in it.

R
    Well The Great War is coming.
    Apologies for anyone who's message i may miss or not be able to answer

♘Top Hat Zebra's Avatar Praepositus
    That place you go to when the world becomes too much? I'm in the world. I'm why it's too much.

Well, Im not excited about Rome because of it's era, Im excited about Rome because it's a new Total War game. I would be just as excited if it were China Total War, or Victoria Total War, etc.
    "Rajadharma! The Duty of Kings. Know you: Kingship is a Trust. The King is the most exalted and conscientious servant of the people."

De Bello Mundi for M2TW is on the verge of release. That should satisfy some Rome cravings, along with RS2, RTR and EB if you haven't played those. Dominion of the Sword, which is basically EB for M2TW, will be released sometime in Autumn.

I will also be kept busy with Mount&Blade.
    Last edited by atheniandp; July 04, 2012 at 12:24 AM.
    The whole modern world has divided itself into Conservatives and Progressives. The business of Progressives is to go on making mistakes. The business of the Conservatives is to prevent the mistakes from being corrected. - G.K. CHESTERTON

Semisalis

I'm starting my Master's program in Mesopotamian Archaeology in September so it'd be perfect if it came out next summer lol.

Quote Originally Posted by ♘Top Hat Zebra View Post
    Well, Im not excited about Rome because of it's era, Im excited about Rome because it's a new Total War game. I would be just as excited if it were China Total War, or Victoria Total War, etc.
    Shame on you...

That place you go to when the world becomes too much? I'm in the world. I'm why it's too much.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRomanRuler View Post
    Shame on you...

So you're excited about Rome just because it's Roman? That's pretty..... Terrible, really.

Just because you're too close-minded to see the benefit of anything other than a European setting, doesn't mean that other people are as well.

Rome 2 is going to be great because it's a Total War game. And, barring Empire, there hasn't been a single failed Total War game ever.

Rome 2 is not going to be great because it's Rome 2, or because Rome 1 was great.
    "Rajadharma! The Duty of Kings. Know you: Kingship is a Trust. The King is the most exalted and conscientious servant of the people."

Trailers, Screenshots and video advertisements showing you what the game looks like to entice customers to buy their product.

Quote Originally Posted by Gods999 View Post
    Trailers, Screenshots and video advertisements showing you what the game looks like to entice customers to buy their product.

They're working so far.

So you're excited about Rome just because it's Roman? That's pretty..... Terrible, really.

Just because you're too close-minded to see the benefit of anything other than a European setting, doesn't mean that other people are as well.

Rome 2 is going to be great because it's a Total War game. And, barring Empire, there hasn't been a single failed Total War game ever.

Rome 2 is not going to be great because it's Rome 2, or because Rome 1 was great.
    Why you think I`m close-minded...??? I like it becouse its Total War based on my favourite era, not becouse its TW, not becouse its based on Roman era ( in fact TW:s are ONLY game about ancient times i play...).
    You should know person who you are talking, before you start blaiming him.
    Last edited by TheRomanRuler; July 04, 2012 at 01:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRomanRuler View Post
    Why you think I`m close-minded...??? I like it becouse its Total War based on my favourite era, not becouse its TW, not becouse its based on Roman era ( in fact TW:s are ONLY game about ancient times i play...).
    You should know person who you are talking, before you start blaiming him.

"Well, Im not excited about Rome because of it's era, Im excited about Rome because it's a new Total War game. I would be just as excited if it were China Total War, or Victoria Total War, etc." -Toppy

"Shame on you... " -The Roman Ruler.

So, shame on me for not caring about a game's setting?

So, you like the game not because it's Total War, or about the Roman era, but instead you like it because it's a Total War game based during the Roman era?

That's a contradiction, laddie.

An addon for FoTs (including Korea invasion etc) would be great

Domesticus

Crusader Kings 2, perhaps. Imagine that it had TW style battles, it would be awesome.

So, shame on me for not caring about a game's setting?
    I wasn`t that serious

So, you like the game not because it's Total War, or about the Roman era, but instead you like it because it's a Total War game based during the Roman era?

That's a contradiction, laddie.
    No, its like Bread with butter. I like bread, and i like butter, but combined they are delicious. Got it?
    I like Total Wars, and I like times of Rome, but i don`t play TW games becouse they are TW, I play them becouse they are good- no wait I DO play them becouse they are Total War
    But anyway, I was not so serious in first place, but at least we had nice little chat

Till then i hope Tsarsdoms and EBII will be launched

Quote Originally Posted by Princeps View Post
    Crusader Kings 2, perhaps. Imagine that it had TW style battles, it would be awesome.
    Yes I've been playing a little bit, but what turns me off is the sheer mathematics of the battles. Whereas in TW you can fight a brilliant battle with an inferior force and turn the tide, you stand no chance in CK2 (besides the verrrry basic idea of mountainous terrain giving a small bonus to the defender, etc).
    Under the patronage of John I Tzimisces

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast