Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Government Buildings

Mausolos of Caria's Avatar Royal Satrap

Default Re: Government Buildings

Quote Originally Posted by Maurits View Post
    We did that because you should not think of the government 'buildings' as real structures, but rather as a system which has been integrated into the settlement. This system can't be sold for gold or be removed in one turn, it's influence will remain in the settlement when you conquer it. Only by building up your own government system you will be able to annihilate it's effect on the region.

Besides that, it also improves AI behaviour a lot. It seemed to have difficulties with damaged gov systems which prevented it from holding on to a region. Solving that was another reason to make them indestructible.
    I also like that idea now that I'm thinking about it. Especially the first ''occupy'' - thing makes no sense as a building. Thanks for improving that
    "Pompeius, after having finished the war against Mithridates, when he went to call at the house of Poseidonios, the famous teacher of philosophy, forbade the lictor to knock at the door, as was the usual custom, and he, to whom both the eastern and the western world had yielded submission, ordered the fasces to be lowered before the door of science."

Pliny the Elder, Naturalis Historia, 7, 112

Hannibal Baca's Avatar Decanus
    Serbia in Multicipi of Bajina Basta in small vilage called Gvozdac

That's impossible. Then you could construct your complete government tree in 3 or 4 turns, where such a process should take tens of turns - fully integrating a city into your empire was a long process.
    You got it wrong .
    Let me explain again,Ally of Getae takes 10 turns.
    Make it from 10 parts ,1 part takes 0 to construct.
    In order to build part 2 you need to have part 1 CONSTRUCTED,so you cant construct them in the same turn.
    Hope you will understand better.
    Sorry for earlyer post it is hard to expres my self on sutch simple language,since Serbian is one of hardes Langues to Learn exept Chinese .

Developer also i am part of Rise of Nations and Black Knights.
    Tiger of Islam Group

Caligula Caesar's Avatar Horse Lord

@Deathkorpsman: It is EDB, but as you can tell, it's quite a complicated file
    RTR-VII Team Leader and Leader of Fortuna Orbis, an RTR Submod

"History has only one concern and aim, and that is the useful; which again has one single source, and that is truth." -Lucian of Samosata

Fortuna Orbis Beta is released!

Maurits's Avatar ЯTR

Quote Originally Posted by Hannibal Baca View Post
    You got it wrong .
    Let me explain again,Ally of Getae takes 10 turns.
    Make it from 10 parts ,1 part takes 0 to construct.
    In order to build part 2 you need to have part 1 CONSTRUCTED,so you cant construct them in the same turn.
    Hope you will understand better.
    Sorry for earlyer post it is hard to expres my self on sutch simple language,since Serbian is one of hardes Langues to Learn exept Chinese .
    That's still impossible, since a single building tree can only have 9 buildings...

RTR: Imperium Surrectum Team Member
    My AAR: For Glory and the Republic!

Proud to be patronized by ybbon66

Hannibal Baca's Avatar Decanus
    Serbia in Multicipi of Bajina Basta in small vilage called Gvozdac

Ok got it.
    Off Topic :
    Is next version going to add History battles ?

Developer also i am part of Rise of Nations and Black Knights.
    Tiger of Islam Group

Maurits's Avatar ЯTR

Most probably not, but it might be a nice idea to have a shot at these for future patches.

RTR: Imperium Surrectum Team Member
    My AAR: For Glory and the Republic!

Proud to be patronized by ybbon66

Hello everyone, I got I question about government "buildings" tree (Policy). Where can I find file with definitions of all stages of Policy? I know some of them but there are new elements for me which I don't know. I am sorry if there is a topic about it already but I couldn't find it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12