Thread: PvP MC does M2TW:TA Hotseat

Default PvP MC does M2TW:TA Hotseat

Before mods go shouting their heads off about this being in the wrong game thread. We want TWC PvP players to join the hotseat. Kind of like a community game. So I figured it would be ok to put this in here since it involves only the players from the PvP server

Anyways some of us Wardens were bored one day so we decided it'd be cool if we played a hotseat game, and its slowly been agreed upon as this.
    The Game

The Game will be Medieval 2 Total War Kingdoms.

The mod is Third Age version 3.1 (3.1 to be compatible with the submod, not the latest version which is 3.2)

The submod called MOS, the Ultimate Third Age Experience version 1.12 (1.12 is the last official full release. There is a 1.2 beta version but we aren't going to play that for stability issues). You can read up on the changes that the submod makes, not all of them will be included. One major change that people need to be aware of is that the submod adds a new faction for lore accuracy, this faction is Dunland, the wildmen who are situated to the left of Isengard.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

As it stands these are the factions. We need more people to join!!!
    Gondor: Connor -5 GMT
    Rohan:
    High Elves: Mitch +0 GMT
    Silvan Elves:
    Dorfs: Sevachenko
    Dale: Cryers +1 GMT
    Eriador: Wolfbane751
    Gundabad:
    Misty Mountains:
    Mordor:
    Harad: jacb547 -3 GMT
    Rhun:Arriona -5 GMT
    Isengard:
    Dunlend:

Hotseat Rules

Basic Rules:

-Turns must be played within 24 hours or will be skipped. If you have been skipped time after time you will be removed from the HS.
    -Please PM and leave a Visitor message for the next person.

Battle Rules:

-No Invasions until turn 35+
    -Cannot use Assassins

Building Rules:

-You cannot level a city to the ground
    -No destroying any buildings if city is at risk of capture
    -Only Inns/Guilds can be destroyed if a person captures it

Campaign Rules

Campaign Length: Long
    Campaign Difficulty: Medium
    Battle Difficulty: Medium
    Manage All Cities: Yes
    Password: Yes.
    Auto Resolve: Battles will be fought with auto-resolve.
    Instructions (how to play a hotseat campign)
    For those who don't know how to play Hotseat campaigns, here are some easy to follow instructions.
    1. Wait your turn -- Just like waiting in line for a ride at an amusement park, everyone needs to wait their turn, be sure to look who's turn is up, but keeping your eyes on the forums, for your kingdom to be called next.
    2. Download your turn -- When your turn is finally up. It's time to play. the person who was before you should have posted his turn in the thread, you need to click the link in the thread and this should automatically download the turn.

3. Extract the file into Save Folder -- Alright, the next step is too uncompressed the folder, if you have a compressing tool (Winzip, WinRar, 7zip, etc), then it should automatically uncompressed the file when you Open, or double click on the file you saved. If you do not have a Compressor tool I suggest downloading WinZip. In the compressed filed you should see a new file ending with .sav ; this is the save file -- Extract this file into your Save Folder (in the case of TATW it should be located at C:\Program Files\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\mods\Third_Age\saves.

4. Play your turn -- Now that the .sav file is successfully located in the Save Folder, you can play your turn. Load up the game like you normally would, (In this case the Third Age Mod). at the Introduction screen, with the options you will want to click on the Load Game --> Load campaign game --> (The save file you downloaded and extracted). If all goes well you should load up the Game. Yay!!, Now have fun, and play your turn. Don't forget to choose a Password, to ensure nobody else access your game.

5. End Turn -- Don't forget to click the "End Turn" button when your done your turn. Many new people forget to do this simple action of not click End Turn, its essential when your done playing your turn to click End Turn and have the next players Scroll up before you continue. If you forget to do this the game will stall and you will need to load the turn you posted and Press End Turn. Just don't forget

6. Send and Compress file -- Alright, your almost done!. You played your turn, now you need to send the .sav along. Go to the thread and post a reply.Clicking the "Manage Attachments" on the reply below Additional Options is what you want to do, Then click on one of the "Browse" buttons. Now you need to attach your new .sav file which you should find at your Save folder, do you remember where that was? mine is : (C:\Program Filesx86\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\mods\Third_Age\saves). Now before you sand the .sav file remember to Compress it. Unfortunately, TWCenter doesn't accept files that aren't compressed due to virus possibilities. That's why its essential to have a compressor tool to extract and compress your file. If you need a Compressor tool please refer to Step 3. Now "Right-Click" on your .sav file that you want to send and find the Compressor tool labeled "add to "(filename).rar" or if using winzip you should go to Label "Send to --> compressed Zip folder". Once this is done, a new compressed file should be created in your save folder. While its possible to compress the folder by simply using explorer, you can also do it through the "Browse" button through clicking the "Manage Attachments". Now that you have compressed the .sav file you want to send into a Zipped or Rared file, you can "Click" that compressed file. Then in the "Manage Attachments" screen click on "Upload", write a normal response and your as good as done.

Anyone playing the MC servers can join! Either message me or leave a reply on the thread. Steam name is Connor93 (surprising I know). Also post your +GMT timezone so we can coordinate a bit better.
    Last edited by Connor93; July 04, 2012 at 03:45 PM.

Default Re: PvP MC does M2TW:TA Hotseat

I'll play as the High Elves. GMT+0

But I'll need to reinstall TATW to get from 3.2 to 3.1. Unless simply reinstalling the 3.1 patch will allow me to get back to 3.1?

I'm not sure but I'd doubt it. If there is even 1 file that was added and not just replaced it could create errors

Good I've been changed to Rhun, its going to be fun

wolfbane751's Avatar Campidoctor

i would play but what exactly do you do?

You play the game as normal except when you finish your turn you upload the save onto the thread, the next player downloads it, plays their turn, then rinse and repeat. Its really quite simple.

wolfbane751's Avatar Campidoctor

oh hm maybe i will play though i fancy eriador but without actually being able to fight the battles is extremely hard for me to win any battles vs the hordes of orcs that come after you

well the difficulty is set on medium:medium because of the auto-resolve battles. The VH:VH auto-resolves usually requires you to have a significant advantage in order to win auto-resolve battles.

jacb547's Avatar Primicerius

I would play Eriador GTM -3
    Last edited by jacb547; July 04, 2012 at 11:20 AM.
    "We all know whatmy brother would do. Robert would gallop up to the gates of Winterfell alone, break them with his warhammer, and ride through the rubble to slay Roose Bolton with his left hand and the Bastard with his right. I am not Robert. But we will march, and we will free Winterfell or die in the attempt."

yea but its the beta version so I don't know how it'd handle.

And wait wolf was that you calling eriador before? If so then someone needs to pick another faction.

jacb547's Avatar Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by Connor93 View Post
    yea but its the beta version so I don't know how it'd handle.

And wait wolf was that you calling eriador before? If so then someone needs to pick another faction.
    Sorry just saw the first post and then posted, I would take Harad then.
    "We all know whatmy brother would do. Robert would gallop up to the gates of Winterfell alone, break them with his warhammer, and ride through the rubble to slay Roose Bolton with his left hand and the Bastard with his right. I am not Robert. But we will march, and we will free Winterfell or die in the attempt."

NP. We need 7 more people! Ideally we would start sometime this coming weekend.

Alternatively everyone could play as 2 factions, there are 7 players and 14 factions.

In which case I chose Silvan Elves as my secondary faction

Before we even begin doubling we are waiting for the weekend

Well its the weekend and we have only 1/2 the spots taken up. You guys wanna start doubling up or maybe post this in the TW:TA hotseat forum to get more people that way? Or invite any friends outside of MC: PvP to join
    Only problem with doubling up is that it would inevitably lead to the person making one faction feed the other.

Well not really. I've always wanted to play against myself in all honesty, see what I can do and whatnot

ForteS's Avatar Need Hugz?

Do I need any expansion to play this? Or just the game and the mod? I don't even know if I still have the game but yeah... xD

UNDER THE MOST HONORABLE PATRONAGE OF: Legio!
    PATRON OF: Wangrin, ♔Sir Digby Chicken Caesar♔, Geronimo2006 and Narf!

medieval 2: kingdoms is required.