Thread: i'm really tiered of it

Default i'm really tiered of it

hi

first of all, the mod ist a great idea and its a very awsome mod..... BUT..

i'm really sick of saving the game just to realize that the savegame is currupted again. this is not a problem of today or yesterday or the new version.... its a all time problem.
    seriously guys, you can not put a mod onlline which doesn't work 100%. everytime i downloaded the mod, any version, the savegames got currupted. this problem needs to be fixed otherwise you will have a great mod which is worth nothing. it is very frustrating when you play and play and you can't load !!
    this problem is known and still not fixed!

knox

Hinkel's Avatar Commander in Chief

Default Re: i'm really tiered of it

Quote Originally Posted by Knox85 View Post
    hi

first of all, the mod ist a great idea and its a very awsome mod..... BUT..

i'm really sick of saving the game just to realize that the savegame is currupted again. this is not a problem of today or yesterday or the new version.... its a all time problem.
    seriously guys, you can not put a mod onlline which doesn't work 100%. everytime i downloaded the mod, any version, the savegames got currupted. this problem needs to be fixed otherwise you will have a great mod which is worth nothing. it is very frustrating when you play and play and you can't load !!
    this problem is known and still not fixed!

knox
    You are the first one out of 3.000 who reported that problem...
    So seems that is your own fault..
    --------------------------- The American Civil War for Total War ------------------------------

Dynamo11's Avatar Domesticus

Ever think that it's your Empire? Or even worse your hard drive may be about to fail. Back all your stuff up and buy a new one

Well, in 2.6 this was a problem for about 1 from 5-10 users. We have rewritten the whole coding and also the campaign files.
    When i look now into our technical help forum, in the german forums or into the steam list i can´t really find a number of users who have this problem.

I´m sorry but there is nothing we can fix now. I´m aware that this can happen to some, even when it´s rare now. But this is a factor that can be found in every mod, which you can easy see when looking through the technical subforums of hosted mod forums in ETW.

Some users have this problem with vanilla ETW, and for some when adding a mod, while another runs fine. It is sad that you miss this mod because of it, but this is really outside of our influence.
    Sorry dude.

with all versions of 3.0 I haven't had a single corrupt save.

Ad Hominem's Avatar Laetus

Yeah i think it can only be solved on your side of the screen.

Step 1: remove hard drive from computer
    Step 2: Fill hard drive with explosives
    Step 3: Detonate and watch the fireworks
    Step 4: Buy a new hard drive
    Step 5: Enjoy AWC!

Hope this helps

Are you sure you are playing 3.x version? Also it would be a good idea to empty your saves folder.

Minas Moth's Avatar Senator

Reason: first posting 10 days ago, no further posting from original author

MM