Page 1 of 123 12345678910112651101 ... LastLast

Thread: Exclusive Content for TWC Discussion Thread (Updated 29th May)

CA Developer Icon Exclusive Content for TWC Discussion Thread (Updated 29th May)

Discuss updates from the exclusive content thread here.

Link to the thread: linky
    Last edited by Jack Lusted; May 29, 2013 at 03:13 PM.
    Senior Designer

Disclaimer: Any views or opinions expressed here are those of the poster and do not necessarily represent the views or opinions of The Creative Assembly or SEGA.

|Sith|Galvanized Iron's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Default Re: Exclusive Content Discussion Thread

So new questions are not allowed, just discussion about answered questions?
    Also responsible for the Roma Surrectum II Multiplayer mode
    Rest In Peace Colonel Muammar Gaddafi
    Forward to Victory Great Leader Assad!

Feel free to post questions you have about things in this thread, though some will probably not be answered for a while as there is still over a year to release. The other thread is closed so it can be kept to dev updates so people can easily find info.
    Senior Designer

Disclaimer: Any views or opinions expressed here are those of the poster and do not necessarily represent the views or opinions of The Creative Assembly or SEGA.

I think one big concern of the community is modability (how it will be in comparison to Rome: Total War). Does the new engine make that possible again?

Also a tricky topic would be multi-core support. This has been a weakness of all Total War games to date. They make only use of one or two threads, not more. It would be really appreciated if 4-8 cores could be utilized to improve performance in terms of fps and reduce waiting times between turns and loading times in general.
    Last edited by boxleitnerb; July 03, 2012 at 04:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Lusted View Post
    Discuss updates from the exclusive content thread here.
    For exclusive content add :

Exclusive mini campaign focused on something

Exclusive 2-3 extra ancient battles scenario

Extra playable faction ingame and multiplayer

Extra music perhaps

Extra book with explanation of all unita and strategy guide for their use

Historical sourcebook with art concepts

Dvd of making of

Dvd with all soundtracks

A roman empire nice map with all regions and subregions....

A chart with all the units , siege , navy and buildings explained with a chart of the techs...

A chart of political relations and families ...

special logos and features for avatar customization

Do not add extra units ....

------CONAN TRAILER--------
    RomeII Realistic Heights mod
    Arcani
    I S S G A R D
    Creator of Ran no Jidai mod
    Creator of Res Gestae
    Original Creator of severall add ons on RTW from grass to textures and Roman Legions
    Oblivion Modder- DUNE creator
    Fallout 3 Modder
    2005-2006 Best modder , skinner , modeler awards winner.
    actually modding skyrim [/SIZE]

Are you folks at CA still pro at Rome TW after all these other games.
    United we stand interenets! Nerdfighter.
    Warcraft Total War!
    Help Save a Wonderful mod that could
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=273449
    You guys should register for the golden Symbol of Forum Oppression http://signup.europauniversalis4.com/r/89425f5ce60

Sir Nicholas Altman's Avatar Campidoctor

Is that DLCs or something else?

Jezza93's Avatar Centenarius

Any chance of different starting scenario's or will that be strictly kept to expansions? And I don't mean drastically different scenario's just little things like end of the republic,conquest of britain,third century crisis etc.

And how varied will the settlements be?

My favorite part of buying the boxed versions was getting the building tree and geographical maps. I'd actually pay extra for that sort of thing.

This may not be the kind of question this thread is focused on, but will the next title be AMD optimized the way that Shogun 2 is? I'm definitely upgrading my computer for this game, so it is a pertinent question

Will something like below be implemented? Would really be nice if there was a real difference to wars on the other side of the Rhine.

Centralized and Decentralized Provinces.

Centralized Province: the standard Total War city based province that let's you conquer large areas of lands quickly by taking the provincal capital.

Decentralized Province (or perhaps territory): this would be for Germania and the steppes above the black sea. These ones would not have any central provincal capital and just limited construction options, instead it would be covered by tiny villages without much fortifications that needs to be captured one by one, each province would have several villages, like in ETW, it would also be necessary for non-native invaders to retain an unbroken supply chain of villages back to your home provinces or suffer attrition. Only natives factions would be able to recruit forces from the villages (others would have to rely on mercenaries), these would not be paid upkeep for, but rather each controlled village provides or spawns one unit providing your warlord has enough respect and is at war.

I think this would make Rome vs Germania more interesting for both sides.

This is a really nice thing to do imo

Personally the thing im most worried about is the capacity for modding, not looking for a garuntee, but maybe a hint?

The Orcs of Gundabad Erin go Bragh FROGS

When I came back to Dublin I was court marshaled in my absence and sentenced to death in my absence, so I said they could shoot me in my absence"
    Brendan Behan
    The Irish won an Empire
    The Scots ran an Empire
    The English lost an Empire

"When I told the people of Northern Ireland that I was an atheist, a woman in the audience stood up and said, 'Yes, but is it the God of the Catholics or the God of the Protestants in whom you don't believe?"
    - Quentin Crisp

There is one weapon that the British cannot take away from us: we can ignore them.
    - Michael Collins

They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken.
    - Bobby Sands

Also will there be some balancing to "barbarian" factions so they will be able to compete with any kind of enemy faction in MP? Previously only Britons and Scythians were really competitive, something will be done for the previously pretty sad skirmish capabilities of the other barbarian factions? They sorely lacked their historically pretty strong cavalry in the original RTW.

Kinjo's Avatar Taiko

Jack,

Will there be detailed Eagle standards, officers, and musician in the units?

Quote Originally Posted by PROMETHEUS ts View Post
    Exclusive mini campaign focused on something

Exclusive 2-3 extra ancient battles scenario
    This

I agree, or at least no extra units for the multiplayer. I know people who have dropped the last Total War for this reason.
    Quote Originally Posted by spartan_warrior View Post
    It is clear that many of those around here spouting their wisdom about how CA hates modding and is intentionally preventing mods have not tried using the Assembly Kit, or even looked at its capabilities. If they have they would realize their idiotic statements are false.

I'm against factions or exclusive units as exclusive contents.
    Aren't CA trying to focus on multiplayer as stated in Shogun 2? Make some exclusive weapons or armor sets then, I read PCgamer preview, you said there MIGHT be an option to customize troops items, exclusive items for campaign customization then.
    Actually I like it when games come in big boxes, add a copy of the game soundtrack in it. Not gonna ask for an artbook, just whatever you want to add, I just like the arts on big boxes, especially the 1 you can turn the front.

AngryTitusPullo's Avatar Comes Limitis

1. Is the game stil base on warscape or totally new engine ?

2. Will there be multiple roman factions or single one in the grand campaign ?

CIVITATVS CVM AVGVSTVS XVI, MMVI
    IN PATROCINIVM SVB Dromikaites SVB MareNostrum SVB Quintus Maximus
    Want to know more about Rome II Total Realism ? Follow us on Twitter & Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by Matsudaira Takechiyo View Post
    1. Is the game stil base on warscape or totally new engine ?

2. Will there be multiple roman factions or single one in the grand campaign ?
    1. It is a very modified version of Warscape. Large parts of the code base have/are being changed.

2. Currently planned as one.
    Senior Designer

Extra playable faction ingame and multiplayer

Indeed, CA please do not meddle with the factions already included, let people have the full factions they bought with the game and not having to buy DLC's to get the whole roster.

DLC unit should only be added as part of extra factions you can buy. However please include the core factions (Rome, Carthage, Diadochi states, Gaul, Germania, Dacia, Greeks and Parthians) from start with full rosters. Then DLC factiosn could be smaller factions like Syracuse, Bosphoran Kingdom, Bactria etc...
    Last edited by |Sith|Galvanized Iron; July 03, 2012 at 05:23 AM.

MasterBigAb's Avatar Valar Morghulis
    Content Emeritus

Can you tell us whether there will be "custom settlements" such as Rome, Alexandria, Babylon or whether there will be settlements according to the culture like in Empire for example ?
    (Or, as we saw a screenshot of Carthage and that is my guess a mixture, meaning generic settlements like in Empire with a few custom ones) ?

helmersen's Avatar Praepositus

Will there be a hotseat campaign like it was in Medieval II: Kingdoms? Please, dear, Mr. Lusted!
    Interested in how Attila and the new LONGBEARDS DLC plays?

Check out my Total War Attila: Jutes Let's Play: http://youtu.be/rFyxh4mj1pQ
    Check out my Total War Attila: The Langobards Let's Play: http://youtu.be/lMiHXVvVbCE
    Total War: Attila with ERE vs Sassanids GEM at max settings:
    http://youtu.be/jFYENvVpwIs
    Total War: Rome II Medieval Kingdoms Mod Gameplay: http://youtu.be/qrqGUYaLVzk