Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Greek Culture Pack 2

Indefinitely Banned

Default Greek Culture Pack 2

I think that Greek Culture Pack 2 will be too. Probably next culture Pack will be Barbarians (one Briton tribe, one Germanic tribe, one Gallic tribe) or Barabarian CUlture Pack: Iberian tribe, Dacian tribe, Illyrian tribe. Could be Easten or Steppe Culture Pack. Seleucids probably will be Free-LC faction like Pontics. Reasons are in other thread.
    Next will be Greek Culture Pack 2: Syracuse, Rhodes, Pergamum. There are 3 important factions.

=Vastator='s Avatar Senator

Default Re: Greek Culture Pack 2

Quote Originally Posted by Antiochus View Post
    I think that Greek Culture Pack 2 will be too. Probably next culture Pack will be Barbarians (one Briton tribe, one Germanic tribe, one Gallic tribe) or Barabarian CUlture Pack: Iberian tribe, Dacian tribe, Illyrian tribe. Could be Easten or Steppe Culture Pack. Seleucids probably will be Free-LC faction like Pontics. Reasons are in other thread.
    Next will be Greek Culture Pack 2: Syracuse, Rhodes, Pergamum. There are 3 important factions.
    Rhodes? It's been removed from the map...
    Disclaimer: the post above is way way prealpha, the final version will be way better than this.

But Rhodes was in the earlier maps. It could be changed again or modded later on by CA in dlc which will include Rhodes

Adreno's Avatar Senator

great that u know whats coming, when you dont..

stop making threads please

Quote Originally Posted by Antiochus View Post
    I hope not other barbarians for now , I really wonder what else they could invent for their units actually ... Elite bersekers? Oarhsworn cavalry? Barbarian phalanx?...

I am instead all for a Dacian up to steppes dlcs but for the greek culture pack I second your choice , but I would replace Rhodes with Massilia ... I think was more important...

Also why not also considering the kingdom of Bosphor ? Nobody seems to care formit much ...

------CONAN TRAILER--------
    RomeII Realistic Heights mod
    Arcani
    I S S G A R D
    Creator of Ran no Jidai mod
    Creator of Res Gestae
    Original Creator of severall add ons on RTW from grass to textures and Roman Legions
    Oblivion Modder- DUNE creator
    Fallout 3 Modder
    2005-2006 Best modder , skinner , modeler awards winner.
    actually modding skyrim [/SIZE]

The steppe factions is the only culture that lacks representation. I say that would be the best DLC. Scythia and the like.

I feel there is enough Greek factions at this point, I really wonder what else they could invent for their units actually ... Elite Panglarites? Oarhsworn cavalry? Minoan phalanx?.

I would not really say that Greeks are overrepresented given their importance to the era, but they certainly don't need more.

Quote Originally Posted by LaLaLand View Post
    The steppe factions is the only culture that lacks representation. I say that would be the best DLC. Scythia and the like.

I feel there is enough Greek factions at this point, I really wonder what else they could invent for their units actually ... Elite Panglarites? Oarhsworn cavalry? Minoan phalanx?.

I would not really say that Greeks are overrepresented given their importance to the era, but they certainly don't need more.
    But historically there were lots of greek factions and despite units might be siilar ,their political realities were in some cases extremely different and varied.

------CONAN TRAILER--------
    RomeII Realistic Heights mod
    Arcani
    I S S G A R D
    Creator of Ran no Jidai mod
    Creator of Res Gestae
    Original Creator of severall add ons on RTW from grass to textures and Roman Legions
    Oblivion Modder- DUNE creator
    Fallout 3 Modder
    2005-2006 Best modder , skinner , modeler awards winner.
    actually modding skyrim [/SIZE]

karamazovmm's Avatar スマトラ警備隊

Quote Originally Posted by PROMETHEUS ts View Post
    But historically there were lots of greek factions and despite units might be siilar ,their political realities were in some cases extremely different and varied.
    and therein lies the problem we dont know how the politics are going to play out nor if the system will be unified, and how different the gameplay from play rome will vary from playing the iceni

In the end I hope to fill "blank" playable spots in the map, like iberia, the steps, dacia

the greek culture pack is a fan service, those faction didnt matter at the time, with the exception of epirus, syracuse, pergamum are much more important and relevant than athens or sparta

The very ugly forgive, but beauty is essential - Vinicius de Moraes

Im counting to see a Iberia Peninsula pack.

Comes Domesticorum

I don't think we'll see another faction pack of pure Greek states. At best we'll get Hellenistic states, but I'm guessing whenever Seleucids will be included in a pack or DLC it will be in an Eastern one, not a Greek one.

Quote Originally Posted by oOIYvYIOo View Post
    Im counting to see a Iberia Peninsula pack.
    Oh damn wait ,there it comes my patriotism coming up again .
    I meant a Spanish Peninsula pack ....

Are you still flipping out about the dude using the Spanish western coast as a geographical expression rather than the Portuguese western coast? Its been a week dude. let it go.

Same could be said about any faction really. But my guess would be a eastern DLC (Including the much-anticipated and ranted about Selucids) and eventually a steppe DLC or something with Dacia, Thrace and Scythia once they get around to developing some unique campaign functions to depict their semi-nomadic lifestyle.

just fyi: we have a "DLC General Discussion" thread. I have asked a moderator to merge this thread into the main thread. Please check the "List of Threads" in stickies and seach the forums before posting a new thread.

/KP

Seanakk's Avatar Civis

As long as it's a preorder bonus or free I don't mind what we get next.

Quote Originally Posted by LaLaLand View Post
    Are you still flipping out about the dude using the Spanish western coast as a geographical expression rather than the Portuguese western coast? Its been a week dude. let it go.
    UOuouo bro calm down whats with the hostility ...Relax,was i talking to you ? No .
    Whats wrong with people today that keep puting in the middle of others conversations.
    Zen bro !
    I was just editing my statement .... what last week ? Let it go dude gii ...
    Last edited by oOIYvYIOo; May 28, 2013 at 07:33 AM.

CheesyFreak's Avatar Senator

i also am really hoping for a Iberian culture pack but i will aso love to see a culture pack with Dacia and Thracias (and another tribe)

Sharpe's Avatar Praeses

Quote Originally Posted by CheesyFreak View Post
    i also am really hoping for a Iberian culture pack but i will aso love to see a culture pack with Dacia and Thracias (and another tribe)
    Likewise! Looking a bit empty in those places haha

Eofor's Avatar Domesticus

If CA releases a Barbarian culture pack I hope they don't have another Germanic, Gallic or Brythonic tribe. We don't need more of the same.

CheesyFreak's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpe View Post
    Likewise! Looking a bit empty in those places haha
    we also need a British isles DLC with scots and 2 tribes in ireland, that would make all of the TWC members so happy.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Last edited by CheesyFreak; May 28, 2013 at 07:50 AM.

Sharpe's Avatar Praeses

Quote Originally Posted by CheesyFreak View Post
    we also need a British isles DLC with scots and 2 tribes in ireland.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    LOL I would actually like that.

I reckon there could be one more faction on the Isles.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast