Thread: Atleast a new Roman unit was confirmed RP 13

Default Atleast a new Roman unit was confirmed RP 13

At 13:00 he says that Evocati will be a unit for Rome. Just felt like pointing that out.

Primicerius

Default Re: Atleast a new Roman unit was confirmed RP 13

Evocati might just mean a hardened legionary cohort. Evocati were just senior soldiers.

Reformed soldiers that after their service they asked to return or was asked for them to return.This is the pure veteran ,doing is time of duty and survive and then return for some more.

mentecato's Avatar Civis

OP: and that deserved a new thread? why not post it in the current RP thread?

Quote Originally Posted by Dan113112 View Post
    Evocati might just mean a hardened legionary cohort. Evocati were just senior soldiers.
    Cohors Evocati were not "just" senior legionaries. They were hard core veterans who had fought for 20+ years for the republic and had been granted land at their retirement. Calling them back into service required a general with a little charisma ... or the promise of some good loot

I know what the Evocati are, I am just saying that they confirmed that it would be a entirely separate unit rather than just veteran legionaries.
    Last edited by Septimus; May 24, 2013 at 10:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Septimus View Post
    I know what the Evocati are, I am just saying that they confirmed that it would be a entirely separate unit rather than just veteran legionaries.
    My apology for patronizing you then. The question still stands: did we really need a new thread for this?

AngryTitusPullo's Avatar Comes Limitis

I prefer to have Evocati as some sort of agent like Foreign Veteran in FOTS where having them added bonus to legions rather than a separate units.

CIVITATVS CVM AVGVSTVS XVI, MMVI
    IN PATROCINIVM SVB Dromikaites SVB MareNostrum SVB Quintus Maximus
    Want to know more about Rome II Total Realism ? Follow us on Twitter & Facebook

Petroniu's Avatar Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by King Philip II View Post
    My apology for patronizing you then. The question still stands: did we really need a new thread for this?
    There are so many more that are worse! Another one in the sea does not mean anything at this point. I got used to it at least.
    RTWRM - back to basics

Maybe Evocati shouldn't be recruitable but more like only when a city is under siege like the samurai retainers garrison in S2TW. They would be lesser in numbers but more powerful and only spawn in core roman provinces or ones with "military" edict.... What do you think ?