Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: CA No units Dlc please!

Default CA No units Dlc please!

Just please CA this time avoid to create crap packs of units Dlc because the feel and impression is just the one of spilling some more money , we all know that the units are all planned befoure so release them alltogether

Instead for Dlc focus your on special campaigns like greeks vs xerses , parthiam campaign of trajan , battle of quadesh , alexander the great etc... So some new units would also be justified .... but not units dlcs please , let the modders do this ....

Ah yes ....let modders be able to mod this time....

------CONAN TRAILER--------
    RomeII Realistic Heights mod
    Arcani
    I S S G A R D
    Creator of Ran no Jidai mod
    Creator of Res Gestae
    Original Creator of severall add ons on RTW from grass to textures and Roman Legions
    Oblivion Modder- DUNE creator
    Fallout 3 Modder
    2005-2006 Best modder , skinner , modeler awards winner.
    actually modding skyrim [/SIZE]

Noif de Bodemloze's Avatar The Protector of Art
    Content Emeritus

Default Re: CA No units Dlc please!

Couple new units = 3-5e

Definitely agreed!

No units, no faction dlcs, campaigns only!!!!

I bet they'd actually make more money (at least on the long run) if they totally abandon DLC and instead focus on modding support. There are many examples of games, even old ones, booming in sales due to a new mod.
    Mod support with no DLC = Livelier, longer lasting community, more sales, better reputation, more content, more variety, better balance (no DLC units in MP)
    IF they're gonna make DLC units, at least make them available to all in MP battles. Paying for advantages and/or variety is just plain wrong, especially if the game isn't F2P.

Just please CA this time avoid to create crap packs of units Dlc because the feel and impression is just the one of spilling some more money , we all know that the units are all planned befoure so release them alltogether
    That would be very nice if it could be done.

Instead for Dlc focus your on special campaigns like greeks vs xerses , parthiam campaign of trajan , battle of quadesh , alexander the great etc... So some new units would also be justified .... but not units dlcs please , let the modders do this ....
    I agree on this. They could make DCL campaigns like Caesar in Gaul, Caesar in Brittain, Punic Wars, Alexander's campaign, etc. This would make sense.

Ah yes ....let modders be able to mod this time....
    Although I would like this Rome to be as the original onein moddability my feeling tells me that it will be even less moddable then the last TW series.

I just want to add something about DCL's : Don't release factions as DCL's preatty PLEASE !

ComnenusTheOne's Avatar Primicerius

They are not supporting modding anymore, that's it, it's gone. What they will do is make a very basic game, cut half of it and sell it as "the game", and the rest will go at DLCs and thats it. What did you expect exactly?

They are not supporting modding anymore, that's it, it's gone. What they will do is make a very basic game, cut half of it and sell it as "the game", and the rest will go at DLCs and thats it. What did you expect exactly?
    This is the truth I have feared, but after all it was logical that they will do this.

And of course the new best thing: MULTIPLAYER.

Who cares if the campaign is simple and unremarkable?
    Who cares if most of the content is in DLCs anymore?
    Who cares about the modability (or lack of) of the game?

As long as those non-sentient blokes they call "customers" can create profiles and duke it out on the internet like some strategic version of Call of Duty.

Enjoy.

Huberto's Avatar Praepositus

Quote Originally Posted by Asuryan View Post
    This.

Razor's Avatar Licenced to insult

Agreed, I don't mind DLC... ok, actually I do mind DLC (more so because I can't/won't buy online) but if there ought to be some, it should actually add something and not offer just a simple unit pack that might as well have been part of the game in the first place. A few separate mini campaigns would be justifiable. (Punic Wars, Phyrrus, versus Greek states, 1st & 2nd Triumvirate, versus Teutons, Gallic War, Dacian Wars, an old-fashioned campaign against Parthia in the East, Early Rome, Year of the four emperors, 3rd century crisis, Boudicca etc.)
    It would be nice if the full collection of DLC will be released on DVD as well for those few cavemen that don't buy online.

Indefinitely Banned

Agreed.

Fireright's Avatar Campidoctor

Shoving DLC garbage people dont want onto peoples hard drives is a shoddy business practice. If a player wishes to purchase 'Caesars Jet Pack Cohorts' they should voluntarily download and buy the stuff from Sega/Steam website or wherever, instead of everone else having drives clogged and bandwiths busted.

I expect the game makers to remain schtum on this one as usual.

Legio XII's Avatar Semisalis

Quote Originally Posted by Sandraker View Post
    I bet they'd actually make more money (at least on the long run) if they totally abandon DLC and instead focus on modding support. There are many examples of games, even old ones, booming in sales due to a new mod.
    Mod support with no DLC = Livelier, longer lasting community, more sales, better reputation, more content, more variety, better balance (no DLC units in MP)
    IF they're gonna make DLC units, at least make them available to all in MP battles. Paying for advantages and/or variety is just plain wrong, especially if the game isn't F2P.
    Agreed...this is why I'm still an avid player of Rome and Medieval 2. Modders and their work pushing games far beyond the original vision are why I re-purchased the games on Steam so I could play without the whole having to change out CD's every time I play a mod using a different EXE.

Bottom line is: make your games mod-able, and I will play them long after they have become (supposedly) obsolete.
    Last edited by The Dutch Devil; July 03, 2012 at 09:04 AM. Reason: Unneeded

Quote Originally Posted by Legio XII View Post
    Bottom line is: make your games mod-able, and I will play them long after they have become (supposedly) obsolete.
    They dont really want that. They need you to keep buying and buying, they dont want you to keep playing a game for 5 years. What they want from you is to give you something, keep you interested for 30 days, then give you a lil DLC, pay for it, play for 5 days more, then another DLC, and after you gave them twice the price for half a game, they will tell you about their next title. They dont believe anymore in the old "keep it moddable and it will sell for years", no, they want quick and easy profit.

The Useless Member's Avatar Primicerius

HOW MANY THREADS HAVE BEEN MADE ABOUT THIS????

I lost count after 5.

Even though I do agree.

Quote Originally Posted by Asuryan View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Wetblowdryer View Post
    HOW MANY THREADS HAVE BEEN MADE ABOUT THIS????

I lost count after 5.

Even though I do agree.
    The more, the merrier.

Quote Originally Posted by ComnenusTheOne View Post
    The more, the merrier.
    It did work for Mass Effect...
    "He who wishes to be the best for his people, must do that which is necessary - and be willing to go to hell for it."

Let the Preservation, Advancement and Evolution of Mankind be our Greater Good.

And NO, my avatar is the coat of arms from the Teutonic Knightly Order because they're awesome.

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast