Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678

Thread: rome 2 total war and europa barbarorum

airborne guy's Avatar Domesticus

Default Re: rome 2 total war and europa barbarorum

Quote Originally Posted by Ritterlichvon86 View Post
    When will it be released? You guys could release it with the factions you have and put out the remaining ones later via patch! Have been waiting too many years for this, still checking by from time to time.
    LOL they dont care about the fans

FYI they are going to do exactly as he said, all the factions previewed as of now (and the rest of EB1 factions) are all the factions that will be on the first release, the rest will be made into the mod on the other releases (i think 1 or 2 factions). The reason it will take a while is exactly because they care about the fans.... Better actually make a good complete mod than releasing it incomplete with bugs and low content.
    Then, as throngs of his enemies bore down upon him and one of his followers said, "They are making at thee, O King," "Who else, pray," said Antigonus, "should be their mark? But Demetrius will come to my aid." This was his hope to the last, and to the last he kept watching eagerly for his son; then a whole cloud of javelins were let fly at him and he fell.

-Plutarch, life of Demetrius.

Arche Aiakidae-Epeiros EB2 AAR

ROFL Copter's Avatar Vicarius

Why in the holy @$#&ing hell did they split Rome into three ridiculous "factions" again? Just, WHY? Just for that I give them 2/10. Embarrasment. Shame.

DevrimJan's Avatar Semisalis

Oh come on man, I've seen you post the same thing all over the forums when it is not even true. That said, Rome II is definitely proving to be not all it was worked up to be. Oh well, it wasn't a surprise to many.
    My rig.

Gainward GTX 570
    Intel Core i-7 Sandybridge 2600K
    Asus P8Z68-V Pro Z68 Motherboard
    8GB RAM
    2TB Hardrive
    850W Corsair PSU

Ok, this thread is over.
    My list of most anticipated mods:

Makrell's Avatar The first of all fish

Quote Originally Posted by ROFL Copter View Post
    Why in the holy @$#&ing hell did they split Rome into three ridiculous "factions" again? Just, WHY? Just for that I give them 2/10. Embarrasment. Shame.
    That is a blatant lie. Rome is 1 faction, you control all generals, but not their "loyalty"

in R2 it is the same faction but you choose a family for different bonuses... >Better actually make a good complete mod than releasing it incomplete with bugs and low content. Sounds like R2

Senator

Quote Originally Posted by ROFL Copter View Post
    They didn't - there's only one Rome faction - there are three different noble or royal houses for every faction and which one you choose when starting a campaign gives different bonuses and penalties to things like diplomacy, cost of hiring mercenaries, income from farming etc.

The three Roman factions in the original RTW worked quite well in a lot of ways though - it meant they had more manpower than other factions (historically accurate due to their ally system and mass military service), it meant they were aggressively expansionist (again historically accurate) and it meant they actually carried out sea invasions e.g of Africa, which they never do under AI control in e.g Europa Barbarorum or Extended Realism (so again more historically accurate than the mods). There were a whole series of civil wars in the late Republic as well - and again the three factions for Rome represented that pretty well.

Unfortunately Rome II has so many bugs atm it's barely worth playing - and they've messed up Carthage with historically non-existent 'client state' Nova Carthago having some of it's territory (and some that should be neutral / rebel or held by minor factions) and Libya much of the rest. So far no-one's worked out how to mod province ownership to be able to issue provincial edicts, though we've worked out how to mod region ownership (regions in Rome II are what provinces were in Rome, while provinces are a grouping of 3 or 4 regions in which, if you control them all, each building in a region affects the whole province and you can issue provincial edicts to e.g increase tax revenue)

I'm starting to think the problem with Rome 2 at the momment is that it's still being patched and the current mods are still constantly being developed, once the patches stop and the mods start expanding things will get better.
    Balbor

Former Creative Director
    Former Head Unit Modeller and Texture
    Fourth Age:Total War

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678