Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: rome 2 total war and europa barbarorum

Default Re: rome 2 total war and europa barbarorum

A single person not going for the better graphics makes my statement correct, thank you

I really don't know why you keep visiting this forum, then. Do you dream of finding something to keep you distracted until R2 is out?

Marvzilla's Avatar Senator

Well, I think that CA has improved A LOT from Rome 1, in the historical accuracy part. But they will never do it on the level of mods. Itīs just like this. Rome 2 will be awesome, I will definetly buy it, but I also await barbaric Germans and Gauls (though, as said, they have massively improved) and not much dedication on the eastern and steppe factions.

Why not just make EBII for R2 instead? its probably hitting the shelves as early as october, that way we get the graphical splendor of R2, including better AI, physics, animations, naval battles, etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc
    and we get the historical accuracy and attention to detail from EB

Quote Originally Posted by Fedual View Post
    Why not just make EBII for R2 instead? its probably hitting the shelves as early as october, that way we get the graphical splendor of R2, including better AI, physics, animations, naval battles, etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc
    and we get the historical accuracy and attention to detail from EB
    This has already been addressed a couple of times. Resent TW games have been extremely limited in terms of moddability. So even if the team wanted to they more than likely wouldn't be able to.

I also look forward to R2, but in terms of immersion I know that EB2 will be far superior.

Quote Originally Posted by Appius Pulcher View Post
    This has already been addressed a couple of times. Resent TW games have been extremely limited in terms of moddability. So even if the team wanted to they more than likely wouldn't be able to.

I also look forward to R2, but in terms of immersion I know that EB2 will be far superior.
    okey

Quote Originally Posted by Appius Pulcher View Post

Oh my, EB's music is what I listen at 2A.M, Yeah, I have no life.
    炸鸡

Keep it up! +rep if it's ingame

I haven't read throught the whole thread but for me I think the financial loss for CA to make Rome 2 as moddable as Rome or letting it be very moddable, is the largest issue here.
    I mean, who will pay for the numerus DLC's that will follow the release of Rome 2? If the modders can do better?.

Just look at Shogun 2's DLC's and how long it took for CA to finaly release some modding tools for it.

Hopefully they will understand that the longlivity of their games lies in the modding community.

Jack and Co,CA fail on the community, look at Bohemia Interactiv Studio and the ArmA 3 on the oposite direction(mutual respect and suport).

Quote Originally Posted by Laddeus View Post
    Hopefully they will understand that the longlivity of their games lies in the modding community.
    I think that is true, but only because few developers focus on core gameplay these days. Instead, they spend an inordinate sum of money developing pretty graphics, lighting, etc., because nice screen shots and video clips sell games. I have no doubt that RTW2 will be graphically stunning, but gameplay will fall flat compared to EB2.

airborne guy's Avatar Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Thuycidides View Post
    I think that is true, but only because few developers focus on core gameplay these days. Instead, they spend an inordinate sum of money developing pretty graphics, lighting, etc., because nice screen shots and video clips sell games. I have no doubt that RTW2 will be graphically stunning, but gameplay will fall flat compared to EB2.
    If you say so

the thing I look forward to most in EB2 is that I won't have to worry about the game sporadically crashing at the end of every battle, **** drives me kerazy. Considering the very long development cycle, will eb2 be radically different to eb? If it was a straight port of eb to a nicer engine things would have been wrapped up long ago? Or has the team lost alot of members since eb1?

Quote Originally Posted by smoesville View Post

Only to you youngsters, the real meaning is MechWarrior 2
    YES! THIS! Finally someone else who shares this point of view! It was messing with my head when I saw MW2 everywhere!

Quote Originally Posted by escho View Post
    Jack and Co,CA fail on the community, look at Bohemia Interactiv Studio and the ArmA 3 on the oposite direction(mutual respect and suport).
    I love the way Bohemia Interactive work together with their fans (and modders), but the Total War series is simply more main stream... and I guess the publishers of TW want to make a nice profit rather than making a game for us nerds.

Quote Originally Posted by Thuycidides View Post
    Agreed. I wonder when publishers will realise that improving gameplay and the AI is the way to go.

Quote Originally Posted by nein View Post
    the thing I look forward to most in EB2 is that I won't have to worry about the game sporadically crashing at the end of every battle, **** drives me kerazy. Considering the very long development cycle, will eb2 be radically different to eb? If it was a straight port of eb to a nicer engine things would have been wrapped up long ago? Or has the team lost alot of members since eb1?
    If you want to play EB with no/hardly any CTDs then have a look at this thread: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...k-Collection#7 - simply use the BI-, or better, the ALX-exe.

Doesn't really matter by the time eb2 would be finished CA will be putting the finishing touches on Rome 5
    I check into small hotel a few kilometers from Kiev. It is late. I am tired. I tell woman at desk I want a room. She tells me room number and give key. "But one more thing comrade; there is one room without number and always lock. Don't even peek in there." I take key and go to room to sleep. Night comes and I hear trickling of water. It comes from the room across. I cannot sleep so I open door. It is coming from room with no number. I pound on door. No response. I look in keyhole. I see nothing except red. Water still trickling. I go down to front desk to complain. "By the way who is in that room?" She look at me and begin to tell story. There was woman in there. Murdered by her husband. Skin all white, except her eyes, which were red. I tell her I don't give a . Stop the water trickling or give me refund. She gave me 100 ruble credit and free breakfast. Such is life in Moscow

Quote Originally Posted by bojieh View Post
    Keep it up! +rep if it's ingame
    Listening to it ingame means everything.

everything...
    炸鸡

Doesn't really matter by the time eb2 would be finished CA will be putting the finishing touches on Rome 5
    And yet i'll play it.
    Then, as throngs of his enemies bore down upon him and one of his followers said, "They are making at thee, O King," "Who else, pray," said Antigonus, "should be their mark? But Demetrius will come to my aid." This was his hope to the last, and to the last he kept watching eagerly for his son; then a whole cloud of javelins were let fly at him and he fell.

-Plutarch, life of Demetrius.

Arche Aiakidae-Epeiros EB2 AAR

Thanks for the headsup tara, I will try to get it working on the alex exe. I plan on just using the alex exe and alex files bundle they provide on the site, and have a question. Is it compatible with the RS2 environments? The alex files bundle replaces quite a few files in the EB directory... which the RS2 mod does too. I am worried that the RS2 mod will replace files from the alex files bundle.

Anyway I have it up and running with the RS2 environments... seems to work fine. Hopefully none of the alex engine files were overwritten
    Last edited by nein; March 29, 2013 at 09:38 AM.

When will it be released? You guys could release it with the factions you have and put out the remaining ones later via patch! Have been waiting too many years for this, still checking by from time to time.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast