Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: rome 2 total war and europa barbarorum

Default Re: rome 2 total war and europa barbarorum

Off topic of the current discussion - please excuse:

Why are there multiple Rome2 threads in this forum?

Can't they be merged into a single thread, pls? Or be closed (except one)?

I haven't read them all, as I'm not interested in Rome2, but I guess the questions are the same...

- will you make a EBIII
    - will EBII be released before Rome2
    - How dare you not to have yet released EBII as Rome2 is coming?
    - [other troll stuff]
    - [other troll stuff]
    - ... and so on...

Default Re: With Rome 2 in the horizon

three known eras

...BC, AD..., ...Post EBII

Off topic, sorry - but...

Why are all these multiple "Rome2"-threads not merged?

I don't care about Rome2, and these threads litter up this forum imho. One thread on that topic would be enough, or not?

alin's Avatar Campidoctor

Good idea, a moderator please do this.

Quote Originally Posted by Silius Saurus View Post
    To the OP and anyone else with the same question in their mind:

"Stop worrying." I saw the video of a battle sequence- it's a carbon copy of the Shogun2 choreography, only replaced with Hollywood Romans and Gauls. It was pathetically ahistorical and entirely predictable.

Folks come to EB and other mods for entirely different reasons.
    there is a video of rome2 battle??

Sail your ship as part of a fleet. Devs previously worked on: Darthmod, World of Warplanes, World of Tanks, RaceRoom, IL2-Sturmovik, Metro, STALKER and many other great games..

pajomife's Avatar Protector Domesticus

This team could give up this mod and mod Rome2,thats what some members will do. Anyway, this mod will never come out before 2013.

Quote Originally Posted by Destraex View Post
    there is a video of rome2 battle??
    There is only the battle of Carthage pre-alpha video, which hasn't been released to the general public yet.

yuezhi's Avatar Senator

i have a feeling someones mistaking the video for real when it's actually a mod. in fact, Silius Saurus' description of gauls and romans perfectly matches this one:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_8lW0OMvWmQ

also, there's some comments on youtube saying that people steal these videos and claim these are for something else. they love the attention.
    all hail the flying spaghetti monster!

Quote Originally Posted by yuezhi View Post
    i have a feeling someones mistaking the video for real when it's actually a mod. in fact, Silius Saurus' description of gauls and romans perfectly matches this one:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_8lW0OMvWmQ

also, there's some comments on youtube saying that people steal these videos and claim these are for something else. they love the attention.
    haha, yeah after watching that I'm like 90% sure that's what that guy was talking about.

someone popped his Rome 2 balloon with a fake video.
    Last edited by Rasic; July 26, 2012 at 07:46 PM.

yuezhi's Avatar Senator

these days youtube is so full of trash.

speaking of the video, Silius described it perfectly. the combat is ridiculous, all recycled from an era where heavy infantry cease to exist; the way they hold shields is also incredibly wrong. They should never have modded ETW in the first place. the only thing impressive i ever saw is the non-clone army celts.

I'm betting the Roma Victrix mod team are even more pissed about R2TW than what we can imagine the EB2 team ever is now that all their hard work in stuff like copying cliche skins and minor animations, all for a high end game engine has now gone to waste.

sorry if i'm off topic, i just have the unbearable urge to rant.
    Last edited by yuezhi; July 26, 2012 at 08:43 PM.

Dago Red's Avatar Primicerius
    "Great is the guilt of an unnecessary war" ~John Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Rasic View Post
    haha, yeah after watching that I'm like 90% sure that's what that guy was talking about.

it's 100% what he was talking about.

- that same video has been uploaded with "Rome 2 gameplay" in the title, and is fooling people who have no idea what's going on.

But anyone who has seen and played on the new shogun engine can tell immediately that is an old engine. The graphics, animation, and lighting are all quite obviously outdated. Shogun II, disregarding the clone armies and the the horses that look like marshmallow balloons, looks leaps and bounds better than that.

ash874's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by Herald of Omnisiah View Post
    Obviously yes they're going to. You don't give up years of hard work on a mod just because of a new game on the series. And R2TW can never compete with EBII in it's own field.
    were all waiting for it and hoping for the best possible outcome
    so theres no need to defend the team as we are all supporters
    that being said, "chinese democracy" comes to mind

That video was a little hilarious in my opinion. (I agree with yuezhi, the recycled animations made me face palm. especially they charging animation with the shield.) The one thing that made it worse was that the romans looked like they were in some sort of hack and slash game with all those combo moves.

That's my 2 cents.

I have merged the two threads as had been requested. Never done this before, so I apologise in advance should any posts have gone missing.

To summarise:
    1. The EB team is still working on EB2
    2. TWR2 does not factor into any decisions about when to release, etc.

-Tellos Athenaios
    CUF tool - XIDX - PACK tool - SD tool - EVT tool

ὁ δ᾽ ἠλίθιος ὣσπερ πρόβατον βῆ βῆ λέγων βαδίζει” – Kratinos in Dionysalexandros.

yuezhi's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by BroskiDerpman View Post
    That video was a little hilarious in my opinion. (I agree with yuezhi, the recycled animations made me face palm. especially they charging animation with the shield.) The one thing that made it worse was that the romans looked like they were in some sort of hack and slash game with all those combo moves.

That's my 2 cents.
    they may as well have given the romans spoons and the celts NOTHING but their swords (see gasaetae) in order to explain how they feinte, parry and riposte with all that heavy stuff.

at least the cavalry look ok, i mean they're holding their spears overhand. i think that's amazing since all the vanilla animations are now stereoscoped around some actual actors.

whoops i'm ranting again. uh... EBII forever!! :sparta:

Even though I'm not that much of a historical accuracy buff, I still want realism, I want to be immersed and I want every faction to be sort of equal. Also of course no more stereotypical factions.

Yes, EB 1&2 FOREVER!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Rasic View Post
    I just meant a russian team was developing it, not set in russia, sorry should of been more clear. It's called Natus Ob Imperium. Here is the ModDB page if you want to check it out (http://www.moddb.com/mods/natus-ob-imperium) and there is a link to the forums where they have more details if you use google translation.

Just looking at their work I'd say its about equal to what you guys are putting out, and the map is nearly identical. They've just went with a more generic approach to the factions, maybe just a permission to swap some units instead of full on collaboration.

EDIT: Yes also the italian one was "De Bello Mundi", but I"m not sure what the situation is on that one.
    Just seen this and realise that half the textures are ripped from Roma Surrectum 2 without a word of acknowledgement or asking consent. Unfortunately this seems to be pretty typical Russian behaviour.....and yes I am stereotyping, but there seems to be a real issue in that country of thinking that anyone has to acknowledge anyone else's work...this is about the 4th Russian mod that has done that (that I'm aware of).

Under patronage of Spirit of Rob; Patron of Century X, Pacco, Cherryfunk, Leif Erikson.

Quote Originally Posted by ash874 View Post
    were all waiting for it and hoping for the best possible outcome
    so theres no need to defend the team as we are all supporters
    that being said, "chinese democracy" comes to mind
    Agreed, ash!

And.. Whoa? My tablet/smartphone/PC/Xbox/Playstation/CPU/refrigerator/etc. ... is made in China. And licence agreements confirm our consent with Chinese labor law!? Right?! Do we care or demonstrate against Apple, Goggle or so? Us hypocrites... Whoo!!.. my new [insert device here]!

That's my 2 cents.
    It's not a mod I'm interested in (seems to "populist") for my taste; and some of the animations are not very good / realistc. But it looks like good modding per se imho...

Quote Originally Posted by Tellos Athenaios View Post
    I have merged the two threads as had been requested. Never done this before, so I apologise in advance should any posts have gone missing.

To summarise:
    1. The EB team is still working on EB2
    2. TWR2 does not factor into any decisions about when to release, etc.
    Imho, merge all "Rome2 and/or EB2"-threads -... To have multiple threads on the same issue is redundant, boring, confusing... and only a base for trolls (to speak out).

PS: Merger, appreciated! And most EB2 fans will also want less, but more concentrated threads. Eh?

Quote Originally Posted by tone View Post
    Just seen this and realise that half the textures are ripped from Roma Surrectum 2 without a word of acknowledgement or asking consent. Unfortunately this seems to be pretty typical Russian behaviour.....and yes I am stereotyping, but there seems to be a real issue in that country of thinking that anyone has to acknowledge anyone else's work...this is about the 4th Russian mod that has done that (that I'm aware of).
    That has to be persecuted by the TWC-admins!... if that's the case.
    To steal other folks work should punished by the TWC. The RSII folks have given us these great environments, it's a shame their work may be stolen by others.

RS 2 environments make me drool but I can only run then well on RS2 itself. I also agree, I hope that "mod" team that took other peoples work without permission to be persecuted.

Nobody expects the spanish inquisition!!!!

I think we should get back on topic about Rome 2 because I'm interested.

RS 2 environments make me drool but I can only run then well on RS2 itself. I also agree, I hope that "mod" team that took other peoples work without permission to be persecuted.

Nobody expects the spanish inquisition!!!!

I think we should get back on topic about Rome 2 because I'm interested.
    I use the RSII environments for EB1.2 since ages and they work more than fine. No CTD's, no gliches, no errors whatsoever... My EB-installation runs totally fine. Your installation was perhaps faulty.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast