Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: rome 2 total war and europa barbarorum

Default Re: With Rome 2 in the horizon

Yes, I seriously doubt R2TW will have the same level of historical accuracy or immersiveness that EBII will have

"The Pope?... How many divisions does he have?"
    - Joseph Stalin(attributed)

Lord Baal's Avatar Praefectus

PROUD TO BE A PESANT. And for the dimwitted, I know how to spell peasant. <== This blue things are links, you click them and magical things (like not ending up like a fool) happens.
    Visit my utterly wall of doom here.
    Do you wanna play SS 6.4 and take your time while at it? Play with my 12 turns per year here.
    Y también quieres jugar Stainless Steel 100% en español? Mira por aca.

uhh.. I can't help but to wonder. EB3 for RTW2??

Quote Originally Posted by Rasic View Post
    uhh.. I can't help but to wonder. EB3 for RTW2??
    If moddable... Which I doubt...

yuezhi's Avatar Senator

Default Re: rome 2 total war and europa barbarorum

Quote Originally Posted by Rasic View Post
    Just assuming that it doesn't meet the scrutinous level of historical accuracy that EB aims for. There is also the issue with some of these Russian mod teams (not saying all of them, some are really good) "borrowing" stuff without getting proper permissions, whether professional or other modding teams work. There was actually another classical era mod for MTW2 made by some russian guys that was banned from TWC not too long ago for that exact reason. Not saying that is necessarily the case here though.

EDIT: It could also just be they don't wish to work with them, which is of course the choice of the team. I only suggested it because I thought it might help to have a more completed, 1.2 version if you will, of EB2 sooner rather than later with rome 2 on the horizon (the point of posting it in this thread).
    that russian mod you're thinking of could be Hegemony and i think it's still being provided in some grey area of the internet. didn't know it was russian though.
    all hail the flying spaghetti monster!

Dago Red's Avatar Primicerius
    "Great is the guilt of an unnecessary war" ~John Adams

When, in 2020?

I got really excited to see the news on the front page and went immediately to download this EB alpha product... only to see it was for the original Rome TW engine. Gah! Why are gamegeek and those guys working on that and not helping full steam on this?

Quote Originally Posted by Dago Red View Post
    When, in 2020?

I got really excited to see the news on the front page and went immediately to download this EB alpha product... only to see it was for the original Rome TW engine. Gah! Why are gamegeek and those guys working on that and not helping full steam on this?
    I just did the exact same thing and came to check here in vain for any news. Ah well, life moves on. I'll just go back to RSII and EU3 until this comes out.

Silius Saurus's Avatar Biarchus

To the OP and anyone else with the same question in their mind:

"Stop worrying." I saw the video of a battle sequence- it's a carbon copy of the Shogun2 choreography, only replaced with Hollywood Romans and Gauls. It was pathetically ahistorical and entirely predictable.

Folks come to EB and other mods for entirely different reasons.
    "If you're in a fair fight, you didn't plan it properly". -- Nick Lappos

When, in 2020?
    The only reason it's taken so long for EB2 is because they've had to change pretty much everything. If the campaign map allows for editing, or has a decent amount of regions/provinces then it would be a way better choice for what this mod is trying to do. No faction/unit limits means you could have every tribe or city state no matter how minor represented in the campaign.

Quote Originally Posted by Silius Saurus View Post

"Stop worrying." I saw the video of a battle sequence- it's a carbon copy of the Shogun2 choreography, only replaced with Hollywood Romans and Gauls. It was pathetically ahistorical and entirely predictable.

We've all seen the screenshots, what exactly is "hollywood" about the romans, since you've seen the video and all. Also what the hell are "gauls" doing in carthage? I'm starting to think you haven't seen this video at all..

yuezhi's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Silius Saurus View Post

your description reminds me of Roma Victrix for ETW. you sure you saw the right vid?
    all hail the flying spaghetti monster!

The Colonel's Avatar Biarchus

I'm almost sure the EB team said somewhere they would "put a fork in it" after they were done with EB II when asked about going to ETW or NTW. I'm sure the same applies for rome 2

The Colonel's Avatar Biarchus

Quote Originally Posted by alin View Post
    Well maybe this clarifies things:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

And those are just the unit cards...
    This on the other hand explains some other things:

That was a nice catch, I think moddb has strict rules with copying and the like, I wouldn't expect to see the mod there for much longer if its reported

Domesticus

I havent seen the screenshots, and you KNOW my dial up using arse hasnt seen no video

But um, I am more than willing to bet that Rome 2 will be mostly Hollywood, and probably nigh unmoddable

SEGA dont want you ruining their DLC mess, and supposedly its easier to make an unmoddable game(which..doesnt make sense to me)

When, in 2020?

LOL I think the developers of EBII are waiting for the Rome Total War movie to come out first

Quote Originally Posted by yuezhi View Post
    that russian mod you're thinking of could be Hegemony and i think it's still being provided in some grey area of the internet. didn't know it was russian though.
    Hegemony is a totally different game, the units are nothing like any Total war game (graphic wise anyways)

Quote Originally Posted by The Colonel View Post
    I'm almost sure the EB team said somewhere they would "put a fork in it" after they were done with EB II when asked about going to ETW or NTW. I'm sure the same applies for rome 2
    I wouldn't blame them, they have put a massive amount of work into EB2. Although they should probably at the very least share the wealth of knowledge they have gained for the teams who wish to do historical mods for Rome 2 later on.

Quote Originally Posted by tls5669 View Post
    LOL I think the developers of EBII are waiting for the Rome Total War movie to come out first
    Good jab there. When is your mod coming out again?

is very important that the team finished the mod. This is the only way to force CA to create a game and better quality than this mod.

no matter what the mod is completed before or after release of Rome 2. the important thing is to finish and will be pleasingly.

Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by tls5669 View Post
    Hegemony is a totally different game, the units are nothing like any Total war game (graphic wise anyways)

It was banned from both the TWC and the ORG for stealing parts from other mods (EB included).

Quote Originally Posted by bobbin View Post
    It was banned from both the TWC and the ORG for stealing parts from other mods (EB included).
    I think he's confusing it with the actual game hegemony, not the mod.
    (http://www.longbowgames.com/hegemony/)

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast