Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Computer specs

Vioras's Avatar Civis

Default system specs

I am very excited about total war Rome 2. But what will the system specs be, will they be same as total war shogun 2 or will they be a lot higher. What do you guys think?

The Useless Member's Avatar Primicerius

Default Re: system specs

About the system specs.

They say lower performance computer will be able to run it better, but the graphics will be better.

MasterBigAb's Avatar Valar Morghulis
    Content Emeritus

I think it is way to early to talk about specs....it is still about 18 months from release
    And it was said they try to not make it heavier than SII.

I'm guessing the same minimum requirements, but higher recommended/the stuff you need to max it out.
    According to this poll, 80%* of TGW fans agree that "The mod team is devilishly handsome" *as of 12/10 (its true )
    My specs:
    CPU - Intel i5 4670k @3.8 GHz | GPU - MSI GEFORCE GTX 770 LIGHTNING 2GB GDDR5 | RAM - 8GB DDR3 1600MHZ | MOBO - Z87 | HDD - 1TB | SSD - SAMSUNG 840 PRO SERIES 256GB SOLID STATE HARD DRIVE 2.5" | PSU - 750W | CASE - COOLERMASTER ENFORCER | MONITOR - 24" IIYAMA

I think I am going to set this game as my date for upgrade. Currently I can run Shogun 2 on medium-lowhigh settings. TW games always seem to push a little ahead of the mainstream (around £1000) gaming rigs so it seems like a good idea.

By that I would expect for it to run smoothly in all its glory we would basically need a top notch rig. Minimally probably 1st gen i5/i7/HD 6950/4GB RAM ish.

Duplimacation post
    Last edited by MasterBigAb; July 02, 2012 at 02:03 PM. Reason: d-post

Sharpe's Avatar Praeses

I would sacrifice graphics for unit numbers on the field.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpe View Post
    I would sacrifice graphics for unit numbers on the field.
    +1. I don't really care about improving textures and that kind of thing for the moment, it looks nice, and most of my time i spend it on eagle vision so....what i would like its more troops, bigger maps, best effects and physics.

Vioras's Avatar Civis

Hope engine is better optimized then last total war games

xdpa105's Avatar Laetus

Default Computer specs

As excited as I am for Rome II, I am a bit worried for myself. More specifically, for my computer. I have a three-year old laptop that runs Napoleon on medium graphics, just. Now, I was already planning on buying a new machine, but the details of the game (the sheer size and detail of locations, armies, etc.) has got me wondering what kind of specs I would need. I am not too savvy on such things, so if anyone could give me some tips, it would be much appreciated. Thanks

Bonez's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Default Re: Computer specs

Umm, I would get something that is able to play Shogun on Maxed and have power left over, or if you can wait until they release specs before buying a new machine.

Libertus

You better should go to the basement for these things. Btw. If I were you I'd save up some money and buy a custom desktop next year.

crzyrndm's Avatar Artifex

I'm waiting till a demo is released before rebuilding
    It’s better to excite some and offend others than be bland and acceptable to all
    Creating a mod.pack with PFM - Database Table Fragments

Bonez's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by crzyrndm View Post
    I'm waiting till a demo is released before rebuilding
    Doing the same thing, except that I'm building.

They have a little "bit" on their website about how everybody will be able to play it. I wonder if that means a "uber-" graphics setting like in Civ5?

They have also announced that such a setting might exist with their "eagle-eye-view".

TheRomanRuler's Avatar Campidoctor

Its not only about games graphigs:
    I can run empire on low, Napoleon on medium , Shogun 2 on high. And they said they gonna make support for older PC:s, so i think you can run it. I play on 5 yers old laptop.
    Apologies for anyone who's message i may miss or not be able to answer

from http://www.totalwar.com/en_us/rome2

"Completely scalable experience, with performance optimised for your PC or laptop. Witness the awesome scale of Total War: Rome II, no matter what your spec."

InF3sTeD's Avatar Decanus

If you can run Napoleon on Medium then you will most likly be able to run Rome 2 on say low setting. But ofcourse if you really want the full experience you are going to have to lay some money down and upgrade.

I'v been thinking of upgrading for awhile now. I have had my computer for over 4 years now, only upgraded the video card once and only now am I having to reduce the graphic settings in certain games I play.

Im going to wait for sure till we get more info. Iv been holding off on upgrading to quad core but if CA can promise me some real quad core support I think ill be upgrading this christmas =)

Quote Originally Posted by Magz Empire View Post
    from http://www.totalwar.com/en_us/rome2

"Completely scalable experience, with performance optimised for your PC or laptop. Witness the awesome scale of Total War: Rome II, no matter what your spec."

If this is true its great news for us with machines that have to turn the graphics to medium on napoleon
    & shogun.

crzyrndm's Avatar Artifex

Also, hold off on stuff like the graphics card and processor for as long as you can. The advances that happen in 6-12 months on important parts could have a significant impact on performance.

Also gives you a chance to pick up more generic items in a good sale
    It’s better to excite some and offend others than be bland and acceptable to all
    Creating a mod.pack with PFM - Database Table Fragments

MasterBigAb's Avatar Valar Morghulis
    Content Emeritus

Merged the system specs threads.

Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast