Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How many extra’s, DLC’s, expansions would you pay or for? or want for free [state options].

Default How many extra’s, DLC’s, expansions would you pay or for? or want for free [state options].

How many extra’s, DLC’s, expansions would you pay or for? or want for free [state options].

For me its virtually unlimited ~ if not for my wages being extremely limited. …but anyways, I would happily prostitute my wife and children for:

1. Modding packages, any.

Expansions;
    1. Greek/persian.
    2. Troy era.
    3. Ancient Egyptian era.
    4. Late roman era‘s, even if that’s 2-4 in all from tome2 time period through to end of empire.
    5. Invasion of Britain expansion/add-on.

I could go on and on and on…

DLC

1. Famous legions not in rome2.
    2. Famous generals and leaders not in rome2.
    3. Elite Greek units of the time.
    4. Absolutely any extra units/battlefields/ships/famous buildings, not included in first edition of rome2.

Anything for gods sake! that’s why Rome2 was always such a good commercial option!!!!!

what say ye?
    Formerly quetzalcoatl. Proud leader of STW3 and member of the RTR, FATW and QNS teams.

Default Re: How many extra’s, DLC’s, expansions would you pay or for? or want for free [state options].

Fall of the Republic, Rise of the Empire dlc campaign with new units+factions+tech trees would be nice.
    Under the patronage of John I Tzimisces

Manuel I Komnenos's Avatar Rex Regum
    Civitate

Default Re: How many extra’s, DLC’s, expansions would you pay or for? or want for free [state options].

I would never pay for a dlc. Most things you see in the new fashion called "dlcs" would be released in simple patches before a few years. However, if they combined enough material for a large expansion, I'd definitely buy it.
    Under the patronage of Emperor Maximinus Thrax
    "Steps to be taken in case Russia should be forced out of war considered. Various movements [of ] troops to and from different fronts necessary to meeting possible contingencies discussed. Conference also weighed political, economic, and moral effect both upon Central and Allied powers under most unfavorable aspect from Allied point of view. General conclusions reached were necessity for adoption of purely defensive attitude on all secondary fronts and withdrawing surplus troops for duty on western front. By thus strengthening western front [those attending] believed Allies could hold until American forces arrive in numbers sufficient to gain ascendancy."
    ~General Pershing, report to Washington, 26 July 1917

Yea I’d prefer small/cheap and large expansions. But new timeframes would probably require new games aka barbarian invasion type expansions.

I’d rather they got the game out than added more units which would take longer, but missed units should be in patches I think. Though by that I am not saying that I want a game that’s lacking in variety of course.
    Formerly quetzalcoatl. Proud leader of STW3 and member of the RTR, FATW and QNS teams.

NO DLCs. DLC is one of the most annoying "invention" in game industry. I prefer one, huge addon than tons of small DLCs. While I think of addons as of nice and huge new features - I believe that DLCs are only moneymakers - things that should be in the game in the first place but were deliberately removed just to force players to spend more money on getting them. This picture sums up the idea of modern games and DLCs pretty well:

I hope Rome2 is open to modder,some mod will do better tham DLC

I would buy any and all of them, if they seem to be good, and if the price is set accordingly.
    believe in nothing.

Manuel I Komnenos's Avatar Rex Regum
    Civitate

Assuming that the Ptolemies fielded pharaoh armies once again, would you pay for a dlc that adds phalanxes to them?

What I mean is that the game should include all the "obvious" stuff concerning its time-frame. Then, if they have anything that extends the time-frame (Barbarian Invasion) or deals with certain historical figures/regions/wars (like Alexander TW) they can release it in an expansion and I think we'll all buy it. But yeah, releasing one map here, two units there etc is just low.
    Under the patronage of Emperor Maximinus Thrax
    "Steps to be taken in case Russia should be forced out of war considered. Various movements [of ] troops to and from different fronts necessary to meeting possible contingencies discussed. Conference also weighed political, economic, and moral effect both upon Central and Allied powers under most unfavorable aspect from Allied point of view. General conclusions reached were necessity for adoption of purely defensive attitude on all secondary fronts and withdrawing surplus troops for duty on western front. By thus strengthening western front [those attending] believed Allies could hold until American forces arrive in numbers sufficient to gain ascendancy."
    ~General Pershing, report to Washington, 26 July 1917

Barbarian Nobility's Avatar Tribunus
    South Australia - Land of the Bogan and home of the serial killer

I think the game will be all encompassing enough to everyone's taste. The sorts of DLCS I would like to see would be more campaign based with a smaller more detailed map.

IE.
    Caesars campaign against the Gauls.
    The Punic War
    etc etc etc

ChairmanCrassus's Avatar Semisalis

I would buy all of them of them, but my favorites:

• Barbarian Invasion: Begins with the Huns

• Dark Ages: Begins the year Justinian become emperor. Stop the Persians, Reconquer the Western Empire, etc. This one I really, Really, REALLY, want.

• Rise of Rome in the Italian peninsula: Fight the Samnites, Etruscans, etc.

• Caesar: Conquer Gaul and gain control of the Roman Republic

• Augustus vs Mark Anthony: Fight the civil war after Caesars death

• Alexander: Conquer the Persian Empire and India

• Rise of Persia: Play as Cyrus the Great conquering the ancient world. This one would be pretty cool.

• A historical battles DLC jammed full of historical battles throughout history.

• A blood and gore DLC (but this one really should be included for free)

I'd pay for one,maybe two big(and when I say "big"I mean "huge") expansions.Not more.

I would like to see a Greek/Persian expansion, with several factions.

I would pay for modding tools for mapping, unit modelling etc. and I know many people would, though we would all prefer if we got it for free..-

AngryTitusPullo's Avatar Comes Limitis

I'll buy all unit DLC except the flaming pigs.

CIVITATVS CVM AVGVSTVS XVI, MMVI
    IN PATROCINIVM SVB Dromikaites SVB MareNostrum SVB Quintus Maximus
    Want to know more about Rome II Total Realism ? Follow us on Twitter & Facebook

ToonTotalWar's Avatar Indefinitely Banned

All DLC will be purchased, and then my own mods will be created to add further content!

Sir Winston Churchill's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

Quote Originally Posted by Quetzalcoatl View Post
    For me its virtually unlimited ~ if not for my wages being extremely limited. …but anyways, I would happily prostitute my wife and children for:
    If you said anything you're a bad human being.

But in all seriousness on topic, an expansion like Kingdoms may be welcome, but aside that, not much else. Faction unit DLC? No. All units should be free. Blood? no. Historical Battles? Well... I wouldn't buy them. Factions? God no. Pretty much, no.

Links to any anti-developer or anti-publisher campaigns are not tolerated on these forums. Any such links will be removed and (most probably) the poster of the link banned.... Please be advised that any information uploaded or transmitted by visitors to Sega becomes the property of Sega. Sega reserves the right to... modify... or delete any of this information at any time and for any reason without notice.
    — CA trying to prevent dissent on their forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Dalminar View Post
    My statements are correct by virtue of me saying them. Additional proof is not required.

Quote Originally Posted by John F. Kennedy View Post
    If you said anything you're a bad human being.
    Sounds funny coming from John F. Kennedy.

But in all seriousness on topic, an expansion like Kingdoms may be welcome, but aside that, not much else. Faction unit DLC? No. All units should be free. Blood? no. Historical Battles? Well... I wouldn't buy them. Factions? God no. Pretty much, no.
    Yeah, an expansion like kingdoms except with campaigns that aren't mind-numbingly bland.

Col. Tartleton's Avatar Comes Limitis

If the game's like $30 on Steam I'll pay for $20-30 in DLC. If it was say $50+ I wouldn't buy the DLCs and I'd expect a full game. I expect a proper video game to be about 50-60 dollars as that's what you get on a console game and I'm reasonable. Same goes for expansions unless they're legitimately more than the first game.

As I've mentioned elsewhere IMO DLC is like "Buy part of the game at a reduced price and to buy the rest of the game buy the expansions.

I mean I paid less for the new games than I did for the old ones. Especially given inflation and the state of the economy. Medieval, Rome, M2, and their expansions were not cheap.
    The Earth is inhabited by billions of idiots.
    The search for intelligent life continues...

Sir Winston Churchill's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

Quote Originally Posted by Drtad View Post
    Sounds funny coming from John F. Kennedy.

Yeah, an expansion like kingdoms except with campaigns that aren't mind-numbingly bland.
    I don't know, Britannia and Teutonic were pretty good. Crusades was the only one I had issues with.

Links to any anti-developer or anti-publisher campaigns are not tolerated on these forums. Any such links will be removed and (most probably) the poster of the link banned.... Please be advised that any information uploaded or transmitted by visitors to Sega becomes the property of Sega. Sega reserves the right to... modify... or delete any of this information at any time and for any reason without notice.
    — CA trying to prevent dissent on their forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Dalminar View Post
    My statements are correct by virtue of me saying them. Additional proof is not required.

The main thing is that there will be a limit to how much they can do prior to release, then there will be a limit to how much they can make after that [they have to pay wages etc]. so I’d like to encourage them to make money and give us more, much more than if it were all free.

Quote Originally Posted by John F. Kennedy View Post
    I don't know, Britannia and Teutonic were pretty good. Crusades was the only one I had issues with.
    I enjoyed Britannia to a degree. America's campaign was cringeworthy.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast