Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: let's start a petition or something to change the name

Double A's Avatar person man

Default let's start a petition or something to change the name

The change was terrible, someone make a petition to tell them to make it normal.

Would do it myself but I got to be somewhere in 2 minutes.
    Jon had taken Donal and Benjen’s advice to heart: Sam may be fat and pathetic, but he is still a member of the watch, and one of the few black brothers who isn't a rapist or thief. (out of context, this sounds ridiculously racist)
    super awesome music thing | political profile
    GSTK member - Join today! (We're restarting. Again.)

Lord of Lost Socks's Avatar Primicerius

Default Re: let's start a petition or something to change the name

Oh yes. The name change keeps me up at night. I can not live in a world where the order of the words are different.

“The human eye is a wonderful device. With a little effort, it can fail to see even the most glaring injustice.”

I prefer the old way as well, it just sounds better - but come on mate, it's not exactly something to bring up a petition about, is it?
    OPEN BATTLEFIELD CAPTURE POINTS AND IMPACT PUFFS HAVE GOT TO GO!
    REVERT INFANTRY THROWING PILAE TO ROME TW'S SYSTEM AS IT WAS PERFECT!

Mobo: GA-P35-S3, CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q8400 2.66Ghz, GPU: AMD HD 6850 1GB, RAM: 4.Gb Corsair DDR2, Sound: Audigy 4, O/S: Windows 7 64bit Home Premium

Dynamo11's Avatar Domesticus

Honestly it doesn't matter. Literally everyone I know (and IGN included) have been calling it Rome Total War 2

Rome II Total War > Rome Total War 2 > Anything that starts with total war instead of ending with it.
    I mean...Medieval II Total War was a catchy title. Medieval Total War 2 on the other hand would have been less catchy.
    And Total War Shogun II...I was like "what? Is this some sort of play on engrish sentence structure?"

Proud creator of the original describe the person above you thread in '09.
    Also proud ragequitter.

Petroniu's Avatar Domesticus

Actually, I think the game's name is Total War: Rome 2. So it begins with TW.
    RTWRM - back to basics

Rex Armeniae's Avatar King of Kings

its still going to be R2TW to me, its still going to be Rome II Total War that I will be playing. Big deal...
    Հայաստան: Իմ սիրելի Հայաստան:
    The more you sweat in training, the less you bleed in battle.
    - Under the patronage of another Rex Armeniae Drtad | Տրտադ

Huh. I didn't even notice the change until you mentioned it; I was reading it the right way in my head.

My vote is for Total 2 Rome: War

Legionary Jezza's Avatar Praefectus

I don't really care what title they slap on the box to me it will always be "Roman Swagger II"

Ayleid's Avatar Biarchus

Total War: Rome 2 makes sense, from a steam point of perspective, as they can catalogue all the total war games together in a list.

Total war:....
    Total war:...
    etc

And, to be honest, it helps when trying to find the particular title you're looking for. So, apart from being clean, tidy and efficient your argument is..?

Call it Total 2 Rome War if you want...Does it matter?
    According to this poll, 80%* of TGW fans agree that "The mod team is devilishly handsome" *as of 12/10 (its true )
    My specs:
    CPU - Intel i5 4670k @3.8 GHz | GPU - MSI GEFORCE GTX 770 LIGHTNING 2GB GDDR5 | RAM - 8GB DDR3 1600MHZ | MOBO - Z87 | HDD - 1TB | SSD - SAMSUNG 840 PRO SERIES 256GB SOLID STATE HARD DRIVE 2.5" | PSU - 750W | CASE - COOLERMASTER ENFORCER | MONITOR - 24" IIYAMA

Copperknickers II's Avatar quaeri, si sapis
    Citizen

I agree. Let's change the name to 'Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Black Ops Zombies 4', then with the money from pre-orders alone, CA can employ everyone on this forum as co-developers.
    A new mobile phone tower went up in a town in the USA, and the local newspaper asked a number of people what they thought of it. Some said they noticed their cellphone reception was better. Some said they noticed the tower was affecting their health.

A local administrator was asked to comment. He nodded sagely, and said simply: "Wow. And think about how much more pronounced these effects will be once the tower is actually operational."

Haha really, this is just silly.

karlyp123's Avatar Civis

Quote Originally Posted by Copperknickers II View Post
    I agree. Let's change the name to 'Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Black Ops Zombies 4', then with the money from pre-orders alone, CA can employ everyone on this forum as co-developers.
    I am liking the bit where we all get hired, though with all of us hired we would either make the greatest game on the planet or we would squabble and argue to end of eternity

Quote Originally Posted by Lord of Lost Socks View Post
    Oh yes. The name change keeps me up at night. I can not live in a world where the order of the words are different.
    It's terrible that I just found out about R2 today, was hoping for a good night's sleep.

Quote Originally Posted by Dynamo11 View Post
    Honestly it doesn't matter. Literally everyone I know (and IGN included) have been calling it Rome Total War 2
    Every TW gamer I know uses the right order, and some random cool guy at my local Gamestop thinks the current order is ridiculous, and IGN is to the video game community as a stick of anise floating in mineral water is to root beer.

Quote Originally Posted by Petroniu View Post
    Actually, I think the game's name is Total War: Rome 2. So it begins with TW.
    I don't recall anyone once thinking M2 or Rome were series on their own and that TW was just a subtitle.

Quote Originally Posted by DarthShizNit View Post
    Crouchey older gamers who tend to answer people's questions and make mods. Or dick around in the history subforum. Either way, not a very good group to piss off, lest they stop posting in the subforum, or worse, start.

Quote Originally Posted by Ayleid View Post
    Total War: Rome 2 makes sense, from a steam point of perspective, as they can catalogue all the total war games together in a list.

Total war:....
    Total war:...
    etc

And, to be honest, it helps when trying to find the particular title you're looking for. So, apart from being clean, tidy and efficient your argument is..?
    Because none of that is fun! In fact, it's the opposite of fun! It's boring!

Plus you can still find M2, ETW, and Nappy if you look up "Total War" on Steam.

Quote Originally Posted by Copperknickers II View Post
    Hm, that would probably work if you changed it to "Call of Modern Warfare: Nazi Zombies 4: Black Ops" because of licensing.
    Jon had taken Donal and Benjen’s advice to heart: Sam may be fat and pathetic, but he is still a member of the watch, and one of the few black brothers who isn't a rapist or thief. (out of context, this sounds ridiculously racist)

Humble Warrior's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

Quote Originally Posted by Double A View Post
    The change was terrible, someone make a petition to tell them to make it normal.

Would do it myself but I got to be somewhere in 2 minutes.
    Change what? Make a petition for what?

Speak! Be coherent, MAN!

Coherency and I don't see eye to eye.

Official acronym needs to be R2:TW.

Come on, make it a segregation of Total War players, like the old fans will ALWAYS ALWAYS address the game in (blahblahblah) Total War while the new guys, noobish circular monkeys of spamfest who just know the game calls it Total War (blahblahblah)

Imagine 1 day like when it became a TW Forum tradition or something when people who've played Total War games for a long time will ALWAYS ALWAYS address it (blahblahblah) Total War & some new guy make a thread & asked "Why do people keep calling it (blahblahblah) Total War when it should be Total War (blahblahblah)? Imagine how many laughs we can get from that?

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast