Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: On Safe Zones

Default On Safe Zones

The Safe Zone is an area designated for Safe Trade, new people, and an area to live in peace. Being a Kingdoms PvP Server, there are wars. Wars are meant to be fought on the battlefield; in the enemy's Citadel, on a road leading to new lands. Wars are now being spent loitering in the Safe Zone - avoiding death.

This is completely against the spirit of the server. Not only is it cowardice, but it prolongs a war to a ridiculous extent. You all complained when Ishk was hidden underground and couldn't be attacked, but when the Brotherhood and Palamaine hide their belongings and cower in the Safe Zone, nothing is done.

The Administrators of the server pride the server as a "Realistic, Kingdoms PvP Server", though where is the realism of an entire kingdom logging off in a Safe Zone, or even just sitting there flaunting there power, not to even test it in a field of battle?

In every large war I have seen this has happened. The Coalition War began with daily Safe zone stand offs. Throughout that war the losing side would sit in there - I was on that losing side. In the Second Coalition war the minor factions attacking us would sit in the safe zone. And now, that portals are public, in a war everyone sits in the safe zone.

Something must be done to remove this game block, a war cannot be fought if there is little fighting. I do not know quite what, but there must be something.

Personally I think that loitering in the Safe zone should be illegal in a time of war. I do not know how to enforce this other than taking screenshots, but I think blocking portals in a time of war, which I know will be what the admins suggest/threaten, will be a bad move.

Anyone else who has another idea, please post it. Anyone who doesn't have an idea, discuss it an perhaps we could get this into the game.

ForteS's Avatar Need Hugz?

Default Re: On Safe Zones

Dead to the Safe Zone!

UNDER THE MOST HONORABLE PATRONAGE OF: Legio!
    PATRON OF: Wangrin, ♔Sir Digby Chicken Caesar♔, Geronimo2006 and Narf!

wolfbane751's Avatar Campidoctor

your league has been doing this since the start of the war you sit in the SZ camping our portals waiting for one of us to come through then you all just run in and gangrape the person that goes through the portal

Benz282's Avatar Vicarius

Quote Originally Posted by wolfbane751 View Post
    your league has been doing this since the start of the war you sit in the SZ camping our portals waiting for one of us to come through then you all just run in and gangrape the person that goes through the portal
    Pointing out that both sides are guilty of loitering in the SZ only serves to reinforce his point.

Magister Militum Flavius Aetius's Avatar Aetī Avēas!
    Civitate

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Lol the only incident of "portal camping" claimed against us was by Arriona last night when I was waiting for kamacite to come find me. I was standing by the portal, kamacite was sneaking up to it (i didn't know) and Arriona came through and hit me like 5 times before I even knew he had loaded and attacked me. Kamactie surprised him though and chased him off.

Stupid Lag.
    Quote Originally Posted by Roma_Victrix
    Well then Attila just got delicious.
    Under the Patronage of Pikestance

i have started sitting in the SZ because you guys do the same thing and i have seen you guys log on then just filter into the portal room or even log on in the portal room showing that you were waiting quite obviously

High Chunker Greens's Avatar Protector Domesticus

18:12 - Greens: On a smaller map, I would agree wholeheartedly
    18:12 - Greens: But this map is too large (something that will be fixed, albeit a few months down the line)
    18:13 - Greens: People will just switch their tactics from sitting in the SZ to sitting around in the wilderness, completely out of the war
    18:13 - Greens: way*
    18:13 - Greens: brb, got more to say
    18:14 - Greens: Anyway
    18:14 - Greens: That makes war even worse, as enemy factions will have no way to coordinate large scale attacks (like we saw versus the Brothers when they defended Fort Stunt and their Citadel
    18:15 - Greens: So it will descend into a fest of stupid 1v1s
    18:15 - ☭CeloXia: I am not proposing remove the SZ in a time of war, Nathan
    18:15 - ☭CeloXia: Just not letting you sit there for hours on end to avoid a fight
    18:16 - Greens: Which becomes unenforceable, unfortunately
    18:16 - Greens: It will require a plugin to use
    18:16 - Greens: Mods are normal people - they don't want to spend their time agreeing or disagreeing with a barrage of reports that "so and so has spent more time in the SZ than they should have"
    My two cents.

Civitate

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

i have started sitting in the SZ because you guys do the same thing and i have seen you guys log on then just filter into the portal room or even log on in the portal room showing that you were waiting quite obviously
    I haven't been sitting in the safe zone, besides to monitor my shop.

Thinking of that, when are you guys gonna set up a shop payments thread? I'm the only one who paid his june rent (I have a screenshot to prove it).

Also, getting rid of the safe zone is a bad idea celox; I don't like the loitering either, but I think the real problem here is all of the coalitions. They're what's killing the mood of wars because these super-alliances are causing more players from the allied facitons to be on at any given time; deterring any log ins

Quote Originally Posted by 10greenbottles View Post
    My two cents.
    Don't forget this part:

Greens: Mods are normal people - they don't want to spend their time agreeing or disagreeing with a barrage of reports that "so and so has spent more time in the SZ than they should have"
    ☭CeloXia: Earl sat in the SZ
    ☭CeloXia: for 8 hours yesterday.
    ☭CeloXia: Eight. Hours.
    Greens: das ghey

You were watching Earl sit in the safe zone for 8 hours?

Quote Originally Posted by Magister Militum Flavius Aetius View Post
    Also, getting rid of the safe zone is a bad idea celox; I don't like the loitering either, but I think the real problem here is all of the coalitions. They're what's killing the mood of wars because these super-alliances are causing more players from the allied facitons to be on at any given time; deterring any log ins
    I don't have official numbers, but I believe the number of participants on each side (defined as Palamaine+Brothers and Wardens+Templars+Byzantines) is roughly equal.

Quote Originally Posted by Katsumoto View Post
    He's exaggerating slightly. Suffice to say, Earl was online for extended periods of time from around noon till evening in my timezone, and he seemed to not move from the Portal Building at all, based on the observations of several Leaguemen.
    Last edited by Benz282; July 02, 2012 at 12:54 PM.

No, the entire time I was online, logging on in off over a period of roughly eight hours, he was in there.

Civitate

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Quote Originally Posted by Benz282 View Post
    I don't have official numbers, but I believe the number of participants on each side (defined as Palamaine+Brothers and Wardens+Templars+Byzantines) is roughly equal.
    That's true about this war; activity levels are really just a in this case. But still, my point is that maybe a system where only factions directly allied to the direct attacker/defender shoudl be allowed to join in on a war. That way we wouldn't have had the templar and arnor in our war for example, which needs to end now anyways because it's a war of attrition.

Falconpilot's Avatar Join Arma3 campaign!

Point and match!

Greens basically said it all, if u remove the safe zone during war then people will just log out in the wilderness ....

High Chunker Greens's Avatar Protector Domesticus

That way we wouldn't have had the templar and arnor in our war for example, which needs to end now anyways because it's a war of attrition.
    I shouldn't say it here but I feel it needs to be said - our war is separate to yours. The enemy of my enemy is my friend, as the saying goes.

Poach's Avatar Civitate

lol at "hide their belongings and hide in the safe zone". Are your belongings out in the open? I'll be along shortly.

Civitate

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Quote Originally Posted by 10greenbottles View Post
    I shouldn't say it here but I feel it needs to be said - our war is separate to yours. The enemy of my enemy is my friend, as the saying goes.
    Yeah true; you actually have a legitimate casus belli. Byzantium doesn't. I've been voicing for a white peace in-game and in the faction chat for the warden/byzantium alliance for a while now.

But still, my point is that maybe a system where only factions directly allied to the direct attacker/defender shoudl be allowed to join in on a war. That way we wouldn't have had the templar and arnor in our war for example, which needs to end now anyways because it's a war of attrition.
    While you're always welcome to share your input, repeatedly calling for an immediate peace between all belligerents, when you aren't even in a position of power within your own faction (and thus, not aware of all the goings-on of the war and negotiations), while bemoaning your factionmates' decision to start the war repeatedly in public threads, is somewhat annoying and (in the latter case) borderline treasonous. Taking the high road is fine, but constantly shoving it in everyone's face, regardless of the relevance of it to the topic at hand, has gotten old.

Nerva, Greens and I have already spent considerable time discussing peace terms with each other in order to make a proposal to the PalaBros in the near future (perhaps later tonight, even), but as the focus of this thread isn't related to the status of this war, I wont be divulging it here.

Quote Originally Posted by Poach View Post
    lol at "hide their belongings and hide in the safe zone". Are your belongings out in the open? I'll be along shortly.
    best place to hide your valuables are out in the open poach how have you not learned this yet?

Aanker's Avatar Concordant

Manpower drain in wartime for sitting in the Safe Zone for an extended period of time?

Quote Originally Posted by Adar View Post
    Russia have managed to weaponize the loneliest and saddest people on the internet by providing them with (sometimes barechested) father figures whom they can adhere to in order to justify their hatred for the current establishment and the society that rejects them.

UNDER THE PROUD PATRONAGE OF ABBEWS
    According to this poll, 80%* of TGW fans agree that "The mod team is devilishly handsome" *as of 12/10

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast