Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Signup Thread for Game of Thrones 3.0

Barry Goldwater's Avatar Mr. Conservative

Default Signup Thread for Game of Thrones 3.0

Exactly what it says on the tin. This is the new signup thread for GoT, old one's cluttered and I was too lazy to sort through it

Default Re: Signup Thread for Game of Thrones 3.0

House Lannister Of Casterly Rock

Sigil

Words
    Hear Me Roar!

Titles
    Lords Of Casterly Rock And Lannisport, Kings of the Westerlands, Lions of the West, Keepers of Brightroar, Golden Lions, Richest House in Westeros.

Family History

House Lannister was first founded in the age of Heroes - it's first member being Lann the Clever, who landed at the fingers with the other Andals. However, he is not remembered in battles or tales, but he was renowned as a story teller, trickster and bard. Indeed, Lann, seeking greater fortune, travelled to the rich and prosperous Westerlands, to the very seat of the great House Casterly themselves; Casterly Rock. Legend has it that Lann sang of great Andal invaders in the west, and so the last King of House Casterly, Damon, an arrogant and foolhardy man who wanted to prove his worth by defeating the invaders, went forth across the sea to fair isle to where they had "Landed" with a mighty host of all the western warriors, leaving the rock totally undefended. Lann sneaked into the fortress through the underground tunnels, and captured all the daughters of the King of the Rock and made them all his wives, and proclaimed himself King of the West. King Damon was never seen again, and was presumed lost at sea with his army. The lords of the west had no men to fight Lann, so they subsequently surrendered and swore fealty to him. The westerlands thus began a long period of centralization.

Lann had many children with his wives, and began to reward them with lands and titles. Lorn Lannister, his third son, nicknamed "The Red Lion" due to his anger, and "The Rain of Blades" due to his proficiency with a sword, was rewarded with Castamere after single handedly repelling a vast first men attack from the riverlands with only 10,000 men. Lorn took the sigil of a Red Lion upon an argent field to commemorate his nickname and family, and became lord Rain Lannister of Castamere. Eventually, thsi was shortened simply to "Reyne". The house expanded it influence by destroying the hold of a rebellious vassal, and claiming his lands for their own. Lann built a port city on the coast of this province, named "Lannisport". He granted it to his second son, Lord Tommen Lannister, who founded the cadet branch of house Lannister, "house Lannister of Lannisport." Lann also put many of his loyal friends, relatives and collaborators in power, namely lords such as:
    Lord Jason Brax of the Hornvale (Friend and ally)
    Lord Tyrion Westerling of the Crag (Lann's Cousin)
    Lord Jaime Tarbeck (Friend and Ally)
    Lord Jon Banefort (Cousin)
    This shift of power was important, as it replaced the untrustworthy first men lords with Andal lords that Lann could trust, and it helped develop the westerlands as a whole.
    This also led to Lann expanding his influence across the West, battling the first men lords who resisted his rule. House Harefoot of Deep Den for example, were ousted after a 5 year long war with a grand alliance of first men houses, leaving the west completely under Lann's control.
    War of Succession.
    The Westerlands was ruled in relative peace for around two centuries, until Lann's Great- Great - Great - Great Grandson caused a succession crisis. On his deathbed, he legitimized his Bastard son Tytos Hill, who was a much more popular, stronger, charismatic and authoritarian candidate to the throne than the actual heir, the weak willed Prince Joffrey. Tytos also had been granted the Valyrian steel sword "Brightroar" by his father, which Tytos perceived as a sign that he favoured him more. Tytos was known as "Tytos Lannister" from then on, and claimed the crown before his Father's corpse was cold. The weak willed Joffrey was also proclaimed King, and the two fought in a deadly 2 year war. The result was "The Battle of Deep Den" in which Tytos and Joffrey's armies came together for a final battle. In the battle, Tytos slew three members of Joffrey's kingsguard in single combat, and cut his way through towards his brother, whom was killed by Tytos' retainer Janos Brax to avoid Tytos becoming a Kinslayer. Thus Tytos was crowned King Tytos II of the westerlands,and became one of the greatest kings of his time.

Expansion in the Riverlands And Zenith.
    When the Riverlands were caught up in a deadly war with dozens of lords vying for the fertile domains of the River - Kings, King Tyrion VI of the rock thought it was the right time to strike. With barely a second thought, he wrested Riverrun from the House Tully, bannermen of house Justman, and seized many other territories such as pinkmaiden, and defeated an army of 60,000 First Men at the battle of the saltpans, which drove the Riverkings out of the newly won conquests and ended the war in Tyrions favour. Tyrion focused from building up the West from then on, renewing trade links with Valyria and the free cities, as well as entering negotiations with the Kings of the Reach, which have come into fruition with the current King, Pepin III "The Hammer" Marrying the sister of the king of the Reach.

Family Tree

King Pepin "The Hammer" of the Rock, Lion of Casterly rock and Wielder of Brightroar. ( main)
    Lands: Casterly Rock
    Marital Status: Princess Leona Gardener (29)
    Children: Prince Tytos Lannister (3)

Prince Stannis Lannister of Lannisport, Laughing Lion of Lannisport (Main, Kinsman to Pepin )
    lands: Lannisport
    Marital Status : Married to (Insert Princess here)

Ser Tytos Lannister, The Strong Lion (Main, Brother of Pepin)
    Lands: None
    Marital Status : Unmarried

Princess Senna Lannister, The Lioness ( Main, Sister of Pepin)
    Lands: none
    Marital Status: Unmarried

Prince Tyrion Lannister, The Imp, The Cunning Lion, The Hand of The King. (brother of Pepin, Main)
    lands : None
    marital Status: Unmarried

Lord Tytos Lannister, The Old lion, The Proud, Lord High Marshal (Main, Pepin's Uncle)
    lands : none
    Marital Status: Widower

Ser Tywin Lannister (son of Kevan, Pepin's cousin. not a main)

Lord Travers Brax, Master of Coin of Casterly Rock ( not a main)
    Lands: Hornvale (relax, I'm not gonna get income from this )
    marital status: Married

Ser Gerion Hill of Lannisport, Protege of the White Lion ( not a main )
    marital Status: Unmarried

Prince Tytos Lannister, Heir To Casterly Rock.
    Marital Status: Unmarried / not Betrothed

Queen Dowager Genna of Starfall (neè Lannister, Pepin's Aunt)
    Marital Status: Married to King Ajax Dayne of Starfall.

Deceased
    King Loren of The Rock, The wise Lion
    Lands: Casterly Rock
    Marital Status: Married to Senna Reyne (deceased)

Lord Tyrek of Lannisport, the Loud Lion
    Lands: Lannisport
    Marital Status: Married to Alys Tarbeck (deceased)

Ser Travers of Lannisport, The White Lion.
    Marital status : none, although he sired many bastards

King Pepin of the Rock

Pepin is a relatively tall and well built man, with the signature blonde hair of the Lannisters and a long, flowing beard. He has golden, lionlike eyes.
    Pepin is no stranger to luxury and expense, as he was bought up in his Father's court at the Rock, and it is renowned as the richest court in Westeros. He spends extravagantly on arms, armour and luxuries for his family, and is known to have a natural talent with money. Pepin is a skilful politician, having to frequently out-manoeuvre his Father's bannermen and his siblings. He has shaped up into a fine politician, and is also a capable warrior, bearing the Valyrian steel blade Brightroar has it's advantages, especially to those who know how to use it. Pepin was trained as a knight, and received his Knighthood from His Uncle, "The White Lion", who was also a member of his Father's elite Lion Guard. Pepin is a charismatic and patient man, however he can sometimes be over- cautious. He has married Leorna Gardener, and has sealed an alliance with the Kings of the Reach.

Lord Stannis of Lannisport

Stannis is a relatively charismatic man, who, like his father, has an eye for coin and a sense of justice. He has the lionlike eyes of his family, however his hair is cropped short and he has a close-cut beard. He prides himself on his cultural knowledge, and is a fan of seafaring. He is currently serving as master or Laws for his cousin King Pepin III, and enjoys looking for business opportunities in large cities such as Oldtown and Lannisport itself. He is the right hand man of Pepin, and is mostly found in the Lannisport keep, dealing with the criminals and problems that the city has to offer. He enjoys a challenge, and unlike Pepin, is not warlike. Although he is not a coward, and to call him this to his face usually delivers a broken nose. He is not afraid of fighting, but does not enjoy it, and instead frequents books and scrolls.

Stannis has tripled the trade revenues of the Rock in the last decade, and is prepared to do so again. He is in the process of establishing alliances and trade agreements with the major kingdoms, promoting trade with fertile kingdoms; such as the riverlands and the reach, and gaining trade from rich areas such as Dorne. Stannis is preparing to fight the ironborn in Lannisport, and is readying the fleet for Pepin's new plan.

Ser Tytos Lannister

Tytos is a tall man, skilled with a sword and arms. He is headstrong and ruthless, but loyal and calculating. He shares the lionlike eyes and Golden Hair of his family, however unlike his elder brother he is clean shaven, but has still allowed his hair to grow slightly. He is the male version of his twin, princess Senna, whom he secretly enjoys an... interesting relationship with. Due to his skills, he has been allowed to join the King's Lion Guard, an elite force of inly the best Westermen knights. He usually prefers brawn over brain, but is prone to fits of melancholy depression and forlorn thinking that usually lead him to moments of epiphany. He guards his brother wherever he goes, and unlike his sister, is fond of his younger brother Tyrion the dwarf, and enjoys his wit and humour, and feels sorry for him.

Princess Senna Lannister
    WIP

Lord Tyrion the Imp
    WIP

Lord Tytos Lannister
    WIP

Arthur Lannister of Deep Den
    WIP

Income +2, Escape +2, Unarmed 2
    Last edited by Gandalfus; July 27, 2012 at 06:48 AM.

House Dayne of Starfall
    The Kings of the Torrentine

House Sigil & Words

"Fallen and Reborn"
    House History

House Dayne
    The Kingdom of the Torrentine "The Torrents"

House Dayne was founded circa ~15,000 BL by an early landing of The First Men. They trekked their way south down a mostly unchartered Westeros, in a period when the Country was said to be ruled by Children of the Forest, and other mythical beasts. Several houses ventured south during this period, house Dayne amongst them.

This tribe of nomads spent several thousand years moving from place to place. One king rose up, and unified the scattered mountains people of Western Dorne. His name, was Anduin.

During "The Age of Heroes", in what has been written and recorded as circa. 10,500 BL, Anduin Dayne unified several nomads into a large tribe. It is written on the ancient annals of the "Forgotten Caverns" below the cliffs of southern most tip of the Dornish mountains, where the Torrentine river opens to the southern oceanl, that Anduin Dayne spent 5 days, and 5 nights on the cliff face, where he prayed to the heavens for a light to guide his way. This light came on the 5th night. A light so bright, and miraculous, that the entire night sky was alit as if daylight had broken. There was a thunderous crash, the earth shook, as Anduin's nomads huddled deep and safely within the caves, Anduin was thrusted off the cliff face, and engulfed by an ensuing tidal wave caused by the impact of the mysterious event that had unfolded. Three days passed, and Anduin's nomads exited the cave believing all was safe now, not seeing him anywhere within sight. They searched the seashore and found him at prayer by the waters edge. When approached about the cataclysmic impact, Anduin spoke that the heavens had sent a message to his prayers. What he described to them as recorded;

A falling star, as witnessed by King Anduin I Dayne "The Starcaller"

"A star having appeared in the distance and growing ever larger, lit the darkened sky above, so much as I had to close my eyes and cower underneath my garbs, there was an impact, so powerful, so miraculous, it lodged me off the cliff face into an oncoming tidal wave. I was engulfed, and I washed up on the shoreline. Having seen smoke in the distance, I arrived at the impact and discovered a massive boulder, of a shiny, spectacular kind of rock, perhaps even a metal of some form lay before me. I could feel the heat on my hands as I neared it, I burnt both of my hands before I retreated to safety...

.. I returned this morning to discover the heat was gone. The boulder was now cracked open into two. Inside was the smallest pool of milk white liquid. It was miraculous. I collected it in a small barrel, and I removed the hilt from my sword, poured out the liquid onto an oddly burning rockface within the boulder. A heat I cannot explain. It did not burn me, but it felt so immensely hot, it was spectacular. I spent the morning forging this sword. It's as light as a feather, yet sharper than steel. I hacked an entire tree down without losing the sharpness. I named it Dawn, after I discovered the liquid as early morning broke.

This... This is where we shall build our new city. We shall no longer be hunter-gatherer, no longer herd sheep accross the open plains, we will settle. Settle in this newfound home. We shall build a city atop this site. This mysterious boulder shall serve as a testament hidden beneath the foundation of our city, forever more. I shall name it... Starfall."
    - As reported by the scribe Lacdanum, on the walls in the cliffs beneath Starfall.

Starfall was founded upon the fallen star. And from the bowels of the star center, the mysterious greatsword Dawn, lighter, sharper, and stronger than Valyrian Steel, was forged from the milk white liquid metal discovered from the remains of the star, atop the exterior exoskeleton of the boulderface itself. Anduin wielded Dawn, but decided he who is most worthy, shall link their swordsmanship with the mighty sword itself, and become one with it for life. They were henceforth known as "Sword of the Morning", a name designating the sword and it's wielder as one, and from when the sword had been created, in the early morning of that legendary day by Anduin I Dayne "The Starcaller".

King Anduin I Dayne "The Starcaller", and the mysterious milk glass-colored sword, Dawn

After 10 years of building, Starfall was completed. Anduin I Dayne, now referred to as King Anduin I Dayne "The Starcaller", founded the powerful Dornish city-state here. Starfall is considered to be the oldest Dornish city founded. As of 300 AL, it is almost 11,000 years old. Over the years, Anduin would forge many alliances with nomads travelling through Dorne. It would be many many centuries before more city-states were founded in Dorne. Conquests would ensue as such.

By circa. 8,000 BL, Starfall unified the Western city-states into "The Kingdom of the Torrentine", with the Daynes as the regal rulers, proclaimed widely as "The Torrents", a name derived from the river bordering the Kingdom itself. Though small, the Torrents were a powerful force to be reckoned with. Thousands of years of Dornish civil wars, referred to as "The Sand Wars", and wars with The Reach, The Stormlands, even wars with more distant foes, such as The Westerlands, and the notorious Ironborn. Starfall remained strongly independent, though normally outnumbered.

A Torrent soldier marches with his comrades to war

In 700 BL, Starfall was still the seat of House Dayne, after 10,000 years since it's founding. The Torrents reigned over Blackmont, High Hermitage, Skyreach, The Prince's Pass, and Kingsgrave. By this time period, The Torrents had relative neutrality with most Westerosi. Peace was brokered and solidified by King Ajax II Dayne "The Benevolent", who proved to be one of the greatest rulers since Anduin I Dayne "The Starcaller" himself. Ajax ensured a balanced peace with the neighboring Reach, arguably the most powerful of the many Kingdoms of Westeros. Ajax himself married a Lannister Princess to end the hostilities between the Lannisters of Casterly Rock, and the Daynes of Starfall.

The Daynes are one of the, if not, the oldest House in Westeros. Even to their enemies, the Daynes are respected and honored.

House Ancestry
    WIP

Main Characters

Ajax II Dayne "The Benevolent", Second of His Name, King of the Torrentine
    Ajax II Dayne, King of the Torrentine
    Titles: King of the Torrentine, Voice of the Torrents, Protector of the Stars and Sky, Lord of Starfall, Keeper of the Prince's Path, "The Benevolent"
    Lands: Starfall
    Marital Status: Genna Lannister
    Children:
    Princess Arienne (20)
    Crown-Prince Anduin Dayne (13)
    Princess Nefertiri (11)

Biography:
    Ajax was born the only son of King Romun XXI Dayne in 756 BL, he had a normal royal upbringing, he spent his youth learning all he needed to know to rule and govern a Kingdom. His father instilled in him that skill with sword and bow are important to protecting himself and those he loved, but that knowledge and wit were far more powerful in preserving the freedom and survival of his people. It was this being instilled in Ajax, that he decided he would not lust for war as many of his predecessors before him, but he would unify his people, and focus on a time of great peace and prosperity and to make the Torrentine a haven of intellect and knowledge versus a barren sand kingdom of brutes, as many non-Dornish Westerosi believe mos the Dornish Kingdoms to be.

In 735 BL, at the age of 21, King Romun XXI died of natural causes, he was in his mid-70's. Ajax was as per custom, coronated, and proclaimed King of the Torrentine 5 days after the death of his predecessor. He immediately sought to repair past discretions with neighboring Kingdoms. He convinced his brother, Henryk to betroth Princess Angelina Dalt, of the bordering Sand Kingdom, ending a long standing feud between the two Dornish Kingdoms. His younger brother, also a greed to marry a Blackmont of Blackmont, to solidify his lordship over the city, within the Kingdom. King Ajax then turned his attention outside of Dorne.

King Ajax would soon receive the regal title "the Benevolent", for his efforts to turn from war and greed, to peace and prosperity. A title he would carry for the rest of his life, as he made it his lifelong journey to bestow a long standing peace upon his Kingdom.

In 721 BL, when King Ajax was 35, he proposed an alliance with the Lannister's and married a Lannister Princess to seal an alliance with the Lannister's of Casterly Rock. Ajax knew the soon-to-be his Kingdom was small, and could not withstand extended periods of war with the much larger Reach, Stormlands, Rock, Riverland Kingdoms. He figured the best option in these trying times for his people would be peace.

In 720 BL, his consummated marriage to Princess Genna Lannister was complete, he had his first child, a daughter named Arienne, who had the beautiful long blond hair of her mother, and her fair, yet flushed complexion. She was the spinning image of beauty, a sight for all to see. She was proclaimed a Princess of the Torrentine, and would stand to serve one day for her father as a match for another alliance. Ajax was much unlike his predecessors, he allowed his children a lot of freedom, and personal will, so they could experience their own growth and decision making for themselves. He did not rush his daughter into a betrothal, rather he allowed her to bloom and become a beautiful young woman, who would one day choose her own match.

In 713 BL, his second child was born, a son, who would one day be crowned King of the Torrents. He was dually named Anduin, despite the frowned upon custom of his predecessors, who very rarely ever named their royal children after the founder of the Kingdom, Anduin I Dayne "The Starcaller", who forged the mysterious milk-glass colored bastard sword, Dawn, from a fallen star he mediated for almost a week to come.

In 711 BL, his third, and final child, Nefertiri, a daughter was born. She was given the same personal autonomy of all of King Ajax's daughters.

In 700 BL, Ajax who never formally made a peace with The Reach 35 years earlier, decided to visit the King's of the Reach and introduce his son, Anduin, to the princesses of King Garth XII Gardener, to hopefully solidify an alliance with the Reach to complete his lifelong efforts for peace between all Southern Kingdoms.

Anduin Dayne, Torrent Crown-Prince, Heir to Starfall
    Anduin Dayne, Crown Prince
    Titles: Crown-Prince of the Torrentine, Heir to Starfall
    Lands: None.
    Marital Status: Betrothed to Gardener Princess
    Children:
    None.

Biography:
    Anduin is the only son of King Ajax II Dayne. By rights of Torrent tradition, this entitles him to the Kingship of the Torrentine, and Lordship of Starfall. He is much like his father in his views on the direction of his people. He was raised to believe peace and prosperity is more powerful and fulfilling for his people than war and greed.

Anduin comes from powerful Westerosi lines. Not only sharing a direct bloodline dating back 10,000 years to the founding of the Kingdom when it was a city-state of Starfall. He is a direct descendent of King Anduin I Dayne "the Starcaller", whom founded Starfall and forged the mysterious bastard sword, Dawn, from a fallen star.

His mother is Princess Genna Lannister, an aunt of the reigning King of Casterly Rock. This binds the Torrents with the Westerlanders. He is committed to learning through his studies and the ancient library in Starfall. He is however trained as is tradition by the master-at-arms of Starfall, currently his cousin, Prince Travers Dayne, Sword of the Morning, one of the most skilled of Westerosi swordsmen.

Though he intends to follow in his father's footsteps to make peace in Southern Westeros, he also has ambitions far beyond just Dorne. He has a secret disdain for the powerful Martells of Redspear. They are the prime rivals for the Torrents in Dorne, and have been at odds for thousands of years. He has a deep hatred for King Oberyn "Red Viper" Martell. This hatred he intends to be realized upon his ascension to the throne, as his father ages rapidly.

Anduin is committed to continuing his fathers work outside of Dorne, through a successful marriage alliance with Princess Falla Gardener, of the Reach. A union he hopes will aid in his efforts within Dorne...

Henryk Dayne, Torrent Prince, Lord of Skyreach, Commander of Torrent Forces
    Henryk Dayne, Prince, Lord of Skyreach
    Titles: Prince, Lord of Skyreach, Commander of Torrent Forces
    Lands: Skyreach
    Marital Status: Princess Angelina Dalt
    Children:
    Prince Travers (34)
    Prince Ptolemy (30)
    Princess Fiona (20)

Travers Dayne, Torrent Prince, Sword of the Morning
    Travers Dayne, Prince, Sword of the Morning
    Titles: Prince, Sword of the Morning, Sworn Sword
    Lands: None.
    Marital Status: None.
    Children:
    None.
    Arienne Dayne, Torrent Princess
    Arienne Dayne, Princess

Titles: Princess
    Marital Status: None.
    Children:
    None
    Toddric Dayne, Torrent Prince, Merchant
    Toddric Dayne, Prince, Merchant
    [IMG]WIP[/Img]
    Titles: Prince, Merchant
    Marital Status: Aleria of Lys
    Children:
    Prince Toddric (10)

Minor Characters

WIP
    Last edited by Dance the older; July 05, 2012 at 04:13 PM.

Bonez's Avatar Protector Domesticus

House Stark of Winterfell
    Kings in the North

Brandon Stark (however many names) King in the North

Benjen Stark

Rest is WIP

Pericles of Athens's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

Delete
    Last edited by Pericles of Athens; July 11, 2012 at 02:49 PM.

Barry Goldwater's Avatar Mr. Conservative

House Gardener
    Kings of the Reach

Sigil & house words

Reaching High

Titles
    King of the Reach, King of Flowers & Rivers, Sword of the Warrior & Scythe of the Stranger, Hand of the Faith, Reaper of the Greatest Bounty, Steward of the Highest Garden, Source of the Mander, Fount of Honor, High Marshal of the South, Grandmaster of the Order of the Green Hand

(colloquially, the Kings of the Reach are simply called just that, the 'Kings of the Reach', or the even simpler 'Flower Kings')

Family tree
    WIP

Family history
    The roots of House Gardener were laid down in 6000 BL, when then-twenty-four-year-old Garth Gardener, a young Andal knight with a penchant for gardening (hence his name), followed his people when they set out from their ancestral homeland in Andalos for the continent of Westeros, across the Narrow Sea. Among the first to land at the Fingers, Garth helped secure the peninsula as a forward base for the rest of the Andal migrants, and there he was the first to attempt to grow a new garden; however, Andal flowers would not take root in the stony soil, and Garth soon found his garden wanting, and his fellow knights mockingly calling him 'Greenhand' behind his back. When the Andals' intention to conquer the continent in the name of their God, the Seven-Who-Is-One, Garth embraced his new purpose wholeheartedly, having largely given up on trying to grow anything on the harsh Fingers.

The Andals sail toward Westeros

For years he and the other Andals fought their way through the Vale, crushing the bronze-armored First Men under the hooves of their horses and the points of their steel lances & razing their wooden keeps to the ground at every turn, and when it came time to storm the Eyrie, last and greatest of the Mountain Kings' strongholds and possession of the last of the great Griffin Kings, Garth was present under the command of Ser Artys Arryn. On account of not having a giant falcon to take him to the top of the great mountain, the future Greenhand was forced to fight on foot with the rest of his peers while Arryn skipped their bloody voyage on his bird, allegedly laughing at their misfortune all the way.

Half a day passed before he managed to fight his way to what would later become the waycastle of Sky, surviving First Men arrows and javelins and shield walls at the other waycastles and from above, and it would take another six hours for him and what was left of the Andal advance party to make the six hundred foot climb to the peak of the Eyrie, all of them hoping to win the glory of slaying the Griffin King - only to see that Artys Arryn's Falcon was feasting on the remains of the Griffin King's own griffin, and that the fellow Andal knight had just driven his lance through the Griffin King's rune-covered bronze armor and into his heart. Arryn was, of course, more than able to claim the crown of Mountain and Vale himself, according to Garth himself prying it off the fallen Griffin King's head, and magnaminously offered to wed his daughter to Garth, on account of him being the first knight into the Griffin King's hall. Though he initially considered it mockery, the Greenhand changed his mind upon laying eyes on Alla Arryn for the first time. The pair were given estates along the Snakewood River, a verdant land with a strong keep where Garth was able to grow the largest and brightest garden in the Vale at the time, and for a year he was content.

Artys Arryn fights the Griffin King. Not pictured: Garth Greenhand and the rest of the Andal army trying to scale the Eyrie

But the Vale could not hold all the Andals forever, not with so many young knights eager for glory and for blood. Garth, still not yet in his thirtieth year, was no different. When the opportunity to move into what would later become the Reach surfaced, he practically jumped at the chance, seeing at last a window of opportunity to outdo his goodfather King Artys and to build his own kingdom. Rallying a force of like-minded knights & lesser adventurers, and bringing his wife and children with him, Garth left the Vale for the great fertile plains, great roaring rivers and gentle rolling hills of the Reach.

Twenty more years of battle awaited him. The petty First Men kings of the Reach had heard of what happened in the Vale, and many banded together to oppose Garth and his forces. His one chance at securing a bloodless victory, a marriage to the daughter of the King of the Bitter River (whose lands were centered around today's Bitterbridge) was ruined when one of his knights drunkenly violated and murdered the Princess, ensuring that no further overtures for peace between Andal and First Man would be possible in the Reach.

Andal knights under Garth Greenhand's command charge the First Men of the Reach, early 5900's BL

In his forty-fourth year, to his great grief, first Garth's oldest son and heir Garth the Younger was killed in battle with the Hightower and Honeywine Kings, and then his mother Alla, Garth's first wife, perished from the shock. Crushed by the news, he spent the next seven days and seven nights praying to each aspect of the Seven to allow him to grow flowers for their grave. On the seventh night, his prayers were answered, as flowers miraculously bloomed over Alla's grave. Declaring this nothing short of an act of divine intervention, Garth resolved to declare himself 'King of the Reach' (among a host of other titles), to found his capital around the site of the miracle, and so Highgarden's foundations were laid down and his nickname, 'Greenhand', became more than a tool of mockery. While King Garth would marry twice more, first to a Corbray and later to an Oldflowers, he was said to love neither of his wives half as much as he had his first.

Flowers blooming over Alla Arryn's grave, 5980 AL

Aside from 'King of the Reach', Garth Greenhand also took on the following titles: King of Flowers & Rivers, Sword of the Warrior & Scythe of the Stranger, Hand of the Faith, Reaper of the Greatest Bounty, Steward of the Highest Garden, Source of the Mander, Fount of Honor, and High Marshal of the South.

Half a decade after the founding of Highgarden, Garth destroyed the line of the Honeywine Kings and gave the ruins of their keep to his second son Gormon, progenitor of House Florent. Soon after, he secured the fealty of the Hightowers of Oldtown, who decided to open their gates for him rather than face the fate of their allies. Garth had completed his conquest of the Reach after twenty years of bitter fighting, and successfully made an appeal to the High Septon to move his court to the Starry Sept he was building in Oldtown.

The Starry Sept of Oldtown, constructed by order of King Garth I, upon its completion, 5960's AL

More importantly however, he restored prosperity to the Reach, many say by literally making the war-torn and devastated land bloom once more with the magical powers the Seven blessed him with, others (more cynically) stating that he was simply a good administrator and farmer who brought the notions of crop rotation and large-scale irrigation to the Reach while maintaining order among his subjects. Whatever his methods, it cannot be denied that within a decade, the Reach was once again the most fertile (and soon, to be the most populous) of the Andal kingdoms in Westeros.

In his sixty-fourth year, Garth Greenhand was poisoned by his two oldest surviving sons - Prince Gormon, Lord of Brightwater Keep and Prince Harlan, Lord of Old Oak - in their greed for power and impatience with waiting for 'nature to take its course' and him to die in his sleep. The two promptly turned on each other in their ambition and their greed, inadvertently clearing the way for Garth's true heir, his grandson through Garth the Younger, Prince Garlan.

Garth I Greenhand is poisoned by his sons, 5960 AL

On a side note, it is said that half of the Reach's houses can trace their descent back to Garth Greenhand, either through the male line, the female line, or in some cases both. What is certain is that the following children of Garth sired these Reach houses:

• Garth the Younger, son of Alla Arryn: The main-line Gardeners
    • Gormon, son of Alla Arryn: House Florent
    • Harlan, son of Alla Arryn: House Oakheart
    • Erena, daughter of Alla Arryn: Married the progenitor of House Merryweather
    • Robb, son of Alla Arryn: House Rowan
    • Liane, daughter of Alla Arryn: Married a Hightower
    • Garlan, son of Lyra Corbray: House Tarly
    • Moribald, son of Lyra Corbray: House Ashford
    • Margaery, daughter of Lyra Corbray: Married Arlan Tyrell, 1st hereditary Steward of Highgarden
    • Beth, daughter of Genna Oldflowers: Married the progenitor of House Redwyne

Aside from them, Garth Greenhand also had fourteen bastard sons and sixteen bastard daughters, all born after the death of his first wife, and half of each from captured First Men princesses, the others from his Andal courtesans. Some of these bastards were also progenitors of other Reach houses.

Under Garth Greenhand's successor Garlan, son of Garth the Younger, the Reach's borders grew into the Riverlands and the Dornish Mountains. Under his successors, the Reach entered conflict not just with the First Men, but also other Andal Kingdoms, frequently butting heads with the Lannisters of the Rock, the Arryns of the Vale, the Styrmharts of the Stormlands, the Hoares of the Iron Islands, and the various kings in Dorne & the Riverlands. Knights, men-at-arms and peasants alike fought beneath the green hand on white in the Riverlands, along the shores of the Sunset Sea, in the Dornish Mountains and Marches, and in the Crownlands for thousands of years. It was in this time that the Reach established itself as the 'flower of chivalry' in Westeros, its verdant fields, vast harvests, pleasant rivers and the glamorous court of the Gardener Kings attracting countless lords and knights over the course of centuries.

Soldiers of the Reach at camp before going off to repulse an Ironborn raid, 1000 BL

Garlan I's successor Galladon founded the Order of the Green Hand, a dynastic order of chivalry organized into four grades: Knight of Threestars, Knight of Fivestars, Knight of Sevenstars, and Master, with the office of Grandmaster remaining hereditary within House Gardener. While initially founded to honor those who lived up to the chivalric ideals and to bequeath upon these greatest knights of the realm various landed estates and monetary grants, the Order declined into a meaningless ceremonial reward for cronies and relatives of the Gardeners over the ages, with truly virtuous knights becoming rarer and rarer within its ranks. The Manderlys provided the most Masters of the Order, numbering twenty-six Masters of the Green Hand over 4000 years, before their exile from the Reach; even today, one of their titles is 'Knight of the Order of the Green Hand', though obviously no Manderly has been awarded with any grade of the Order in over a millennium.

1300 years ago, following an Ironborn sack of Bitterbridge, King Mern IV of the Reach armed the fisher-folk of the Shield Islands to protect the Mouth of the Mander against Ironborn incursions and elevated two of the oldest & best-established families on the Shields, the Hewetts of Oakenshield and Grimms of Greyshield, to lordly status, and later also made his Chester wife's cousin Lord of Greenshield, and his Serry son-in-law the Lord of Southshield.

A Southshield sentry fires a flaming arrow to warn the first Lord Serry of inbound reavers, 2000 BL

At the same time, in a fit of rage he stripped House Manderly, who had previously ruled most of the Upper Mander up to House Caswell's lands around Bitterbridge, of their estates & honors for their lord's staggering ineptitude in stopping the Ironborn, and partitioned their lands between the Merryweathers, Caswells and Fossoways. The Manderlys would go on to head North and have a more successful career as Lords of White Harbor under the Stark Kings, but Mern IV paid them no further heed and forever considered them fat incompetent louts for his part.

800 years ago, one Wilbert Osgrey, Lord of Standfast, ambushed the invading army of the Rock in the Reach's North Marches and slew the Lannister king himself, shattering the invasion before it could devastate the rest of the Reach at the cost of his own life, while King Gyles III was busy fighting the Storm King in the east. As thanks for his father's sacrifice, Wilbert's son Perwyn was granted the great castle of Coldmoat and elevated to the rank of Marshall of the Northern Marches, to the outrage of the Oakhearts and Cranes who had traditionally alternated that post between themselves.

Wilbert Osgrey falls upon the Lannister host (starting with Lord Reyne's vanguard) in the North Marches of the Reach, 1500 BL

200 years ago, upon the breakup of the Stormlands in the east between the Storm Kings and the Mist Kings, the Gardeners practically jumped with joy at the opportunity to pick at what they expected to be a collapsing carcass. At King Loras VI's command, Nightsong and Blackhaven were both snapped up by Reach forces over two short years, followed by an amphibious raid that succeeded in burning down Gallowsgrey (to hammer the message home, Lord Trant's head was sent to Mistwood's castle) and the year after, a second and decidedly less successful raid on the shores of Mistwood itself (where the Reachmen's attempt to burn down the forest to 'send another message' literally fizzled out when it began to rain), all done for no reason beyond intimidating the Mist King.

The distance between them and Storm's End's formidable reputation kept even the brash King Loras from trying the same against the capital of the Storm Kings, however, and he had to content himself with a display of the Arbor and Oldtown fleets before the mighty citadel, just out of catapult range. To Loras's misfortune, neither king was particularly impressed, and the Dornish Marches were lost again to the Mist Kings when a more competent ruler took Mistwood's throne, while the Reach was distracted by Ironborn attacks along the west coast and a war with the Rock. The Reach abandoned a hostile policy toward the Stormlands under Loras's grandson, instead preferring to remain neutral with both or (when not tied down by pressing concerns on other fronts) playing one against the other over the next two hundred years.

Reachmen storming the gates of Gallowsgrey, ~900 BL

Despite little of note occurring over the succeeding centuries - wars are fought, territories lost and retrieved, kings and queens lived and died - the last century in particular has not been particularly kind to the Gardeners. Though they still controlled a vast and fertile land, supporting the largest manpower reserve among the Westerosi Kingdoms, and commanded the continent's 'flowers of chivalry', the last two Gardener Kings have both fallen in war, Axell V (739-720) in the Riverlands and his successor Garth XI (720-702) against the Ironborn. Garth XI, however, at least had the good grace to leave enough children to make Garth Greenhand proud - five daughters and four sons, all of whom had displayed at least some ability in one area of their education, and all at least somewhat comely to boot (bizarrely, his own mother, a Florent, was considered one of the ugliest women in the land, though she brought with her Brightwater Keep).

King Garth XI Gardener (reigned 720-702) sails to what turned out to be his last battle with the Ironborn, 702 BL

A strategic marriage had been arranged between his heir-apparent, the future Garth XII, and a Lady of House Redwyne, to better bind the Arbor to Highgarden in these hard times, only for the Arbor to fall shortly afterward anyway, while the Ironborn had pinned the rest of the Reach fleet in a diversionary battle around the Shields. Prior to his death, Garth also arranged other careful marriages, one between his third son Mern and a minor Riverlander princess of House Justman to legitimize House Gardener's claim on their part of the Riverlands, and various matches between his daughters and the kings or princes of neighboring realms to secure his borders and build new blood ties with old enemies.

His second child and eldest son, Garth Gardener Twelfth of his Name, husband to Queen Svanastia Redwyne, rules as 'King of the Reach, King of Flowers & Rivers, Sword of the Warrior & Scythe of the Stranger, Hand of the Faith, Reaper of the Greatest Bounty, Steward of the Highest Garden, Source of the Mander, Fount of Honor, High Marshal of the South, Grandmaster of the Order of the Green Hand' now. Such an ambitious monarch is prepared to live his House's words, 'Reaching High', though it remains to be seen whether King Garth will succeed in his myriad plans, or overreach and flounder...

All in all, throughout history the Gardeners have established a reputation as an often-physically beautiful, but highly ambitious and unscrupulous (hence their house words), royal house, though one that generally looks after its own after the patricide of Gormon & Harlan Gardener.

Characters:

Garth Gardener, Twelfth of his Name, 'the Golden Hand'/'the Gilded Hand', King of the Reach

Married? Yes (to Svanastia Redwyne)

Physical appearance: The spitting image of his late father when the old man was younger, lean in build, with brown hair so dark it looks almost black, bright green eyes, a handsome face and only a slight beard. Stands at 5'8", making him the shortest of his brothers despite being the eldest.

Biography: Born the oldest son of Garth XI, the previous King of the Reach, Garth XII had an easy (if spoiled) upbringing with all the luxury afforded to Princes of the Reach at his fingertips, and frittered away his early days playing with his siblings and other fosterlings among the sparkling fountains, hedge mazes and marble halls of Highgarden. In their games, Garth usually insisted on a leadership role, and was first to propose fantastic games with himself taking front and center - he was always the 'dragon', the 'wizard', or the 'king'.

As he matured, Garth took an active interest in politics, sitting in on his father's councils whenever possible and honing his own talents in diplomacy and intrigue, reading through diplomatic documents and spying on his father's own courtiers. It was he who influenced his father into setting up the marriage matches of his oldest sister Leona and his younger sisters Alys and Amerei, though he refrained from letting any of the three know out of fear that they'd kill him in his sleep. Likewise, it was he who helped set up the match between his younger brother Mern and the Justman princess he was enamored with as a favor to the lad, simultaneously granting the Reach future chances to press an actual claim to the Riverlands and securing his brother's undying loyalty.

Upon his father's death in battle with the Ironborn, Garth was quick to solidify his hold on the Flower Crown with bribes and promises for the nobles, and extravagant parades, feasts and a great tourney for the smallfolk. Considering his father's court rather stale, Garth introduced sweeping changes in the form of a new Rainbow Guard (the entirety of the old having died alongside his father) of the fairest and flashiest, though certainly not the most capable, knights of the Reach, imported luxuries from as far east as Lhazar and Qarth, seventeen-course (at the very least) lunches and suppers every day and night, and even hired a Valyrian alchemist from Volantis to add glamor to his court. However, while he can maneuver himself into power and hold it with charisma and showmanship, Garth is content to drink, feast and watch tourneys all day, leaving the actual day-to-day running of his kingdom to his brothers and underlings.

Personality: Flashy and charismatic, with a flair for bright colors & all the extravagances money can buy, Garth likes to boast that he hosts the largest and most glamorous (and, of course, the most expensive) court on Westeros. His natural charisma, quickness to laughter and friendly manners win him as much support from his smallfolk (who have nicknamed him 'the Golden Hand') as his regular tourneys, feasts and parades do with the Reach's nobility, and failing that he is always capable of securing loyalty through more underhanded means, having had plenty of practice at political intrigue under his father. However, he strikes more careful observers as a vain and frivolous man, more content with playing at being a king than actually doing his job and often leaving that part of his duties to his brothers and underlings; these critics have taken to calling him 'the Gilded Hand' behind his back, implying that his ostentatious showmanship was just a thin 'gilded' layering over personal cowardice and sleazy politics.

Worst of all, Garth is rather cowardly, always letting others do his dirty work, preferring to stay behind the walls of Highgarden whenever a war must be fought, and always leading from the rear when his physical presence is demanded in battle.

Prince Gyles Gardener, 'the Fist of Highgarden', heir to the Reach

Married? No

Physical appearance: The tallest of his brothers at 6'6", and the brawniest to be sure, being built more as a front-line warrior than a classic knight in shining armor or artsy courtier. Dark-haired, rippling with muscle and a thick beard, Prince Gyles is said to be handsome in his own rugged way, rather different than his more conventionally handsome (if not girlishly 'beautiful', as is the case with his youngest brother Lorent) brothers.

Biography: The second son of Garth XI and his Queen Elinor Caswell, Prince Gyles like his brothers was not left wanting while growing up in the splendorous court of Highgarden. Like his elder brother Garth, he was a leader, though not in his siblings' and court fosterlings' games - from an early age he led a troupe of other boys, including his cousin Imry (a future Warrior's Son), around the castle, playing pranks on the servants, getting into fights with city boys whenever they went out into the castle town, and occasionally harassing his brothers. His uncle, Imry's father Alyn, nicknamed them the 'Wild Rabbits' for their antics.

Never having fallen head over heels for the glamor and glitz of the royal court, Gyles instead spent every available minute training, going over military manuals, or cleaning his uncles' weapons and armor just so he could get a closer look at them. He accompanied his uncle Alyn to battles and drills as his squire, and found himself more comfortable in armor and with a weapon in hand, whether for cleaning, practice or for real it did not matter, than in the fancy silks Garth insisted he wear to court. At the age of fifteen he made his first kill, braining an Ironborn reaver who was trying to sneak up on his uncle with a warhammer on the Shield Islands.

Now heir to his brother Garth (until a son is born to him), Gyles has personally taken it upon himself to survey the kingdom's defenses and make sure they are all in top order, spending most of his time touring camps, drinking with the soldiers and bedding camp followers than sitting around at court. Already he has toured the kingdom's castles and encampments twice over, and by repeatedly pointing out his credentials, he effectively has his brother's ear in all military affairs.

Personality: Not a man of many words, Gyles prefers to smash first, think later, and has little patience for the rigorous etiquette and flashy showmanship of court. Needless to say, his brothers consider him a useful brute to point in the right direction and send off at best, and a lumbering oaf at worst; he notoriously does not get along with his youngest brother Lorent, 'the Green Gallant', who he has derisively nicknamed the 'Tourney Fairy'. He is personally more than a little proud of his battlefield achievements and his raw strength, and will not hesitate to place himself at the forefront of the fighting.

However, to his credit, when he does give it he is a man of his word, always sure to repay a debt and to stick to promises he's made.

Prince Mern Gardener, Lord of Brightwater Keep, 'the Lord of Lilies'/'the Lily-Livered Lord'

Married? Yes (to Lyra Justman)

Physical appearance: The second tallest of his brothers, standing at 6'3", and the leanest in build. Comelier than Gyles by conventional standards but not considered as handsome as Garth or as beautiful as Lorent, with lighter brown hair, matching eyes and some slight stubble.

Biography: The third son of Garth XI and his Queen Elinor Caswell, Prince Mern like his brothers was not left wanting while growing up in the splendorous court of Highgarden. Less of a leader than either of his elder brothers, Mern primarily preferred to stay holed up in the castle's library or sept, poring over texts detailing the laws and customs of the kingdom, and the history of the Gardener line and the Faith of the Seven as far back as the times before the Andal migration. He did not often play with the other children at court, save (occasionally) his brothers and a fosterling from a now-largely defunct family of Andal River Kings, Lyra Justman; indeed, the first day she arrived at court, the two pranked the entire court at dinner, sending up an exploding pigeon pie, and got away with it.

In his later years, Mern busied himself in military strategy, sitting in on his father's war councils and quietly soaking up information from the mouths of his military advisers and captains. On his sixteenth nameday, his grandmother the Queen Dowager Ellyn Florent gifted him with Brightwater Keep, having held him to be her favorite grandson; he took for his own sigil the Gardener green hand on ermine (in his grandmother's family's honor), surrounded by a circlet of blue lilies and holding golden scales in his wife's honor. Shortly after, he was tasked with repulsing an Ironborn raid on the shores of his new fief, a task which he accomplished by lying in wait on an overlooking cliff for the Ironborn, showering their boats with flaming arrows after they made landfall, and then having his archers turn them into pincushions while his infantry pinned them down on the beaches. His knights, irritated that he did not allow them to actually do anything in the entire battle and considering his tactics unchivalrous, mockingly nicknamed him the 'Lily-Livered Lord', a name that stuck owing to his choice of flowers for his sigil, and which bothers him more than he cares to admit even now.

Now Lord of Brightwater Keep, Mern busies himself with administering his own estates almost as much as he does with helping his brother run the kingdom. He dedicates so much time to Garth's affairs out of gratitude, as it was Garth who helped set up a match between him and Lyra Justman when their father was considering a Lannister or Mysthart match instead, and now he has become an invaluable administrative assistant to his kingly brother. His lack of interest in winning glory, combined with his decidedly less than flattering nickname, have led him to become the least known of the Gardener brothers, however.

Personality: Like his brother Gyles, Mern is not a man of many words, though far less prone to smashing things in blind rages, and less of a schemer (outside of the battlefield, at least) than his eldest brother Garth. He does have a sharp wit and sharper tongue, but many harsh lessons at the wrong end of his brother's fist have taught him the value of minding his words. Instead of lazing around the court throwing barbed quips at everyone else, as he used to do in his teenage years, Mern has resolved to invest his energies into actually governing his fief, poring over military strategy, or doting on his wife.

When he does present himself at court, Mern is often the one to urge his brothers to exercise caution, pointing out the flaws in Garth's schemes or Gyles's military strategies and coming up with ways to rectify them. His own advice is often sought by Garth in geopolitics and in war, though his strategies are often far more careful than what his second brother Gyles would've liked. Mern does have a tendency to dismiss simpler plans in his head, and to condescend to those he believes to be of inferior intellect to him.

Prince Lorent Gardener, 'the Golden Gallant'

Married? No

Physical appearance: Standing at 6', with light brown hair that appears almost golden in the sunlight, green eyes brighter than his oldest brother's, an almost girlishly beautiful face, even white teeth and not a hint of stubble, Ser Lorent is the handsomest of a handsome family. Further supporting his image, Lorent has a tendency to wash his hair in rosewater and drink only lemonwater, ensuring that he would remain pleasantly fragrant wherever he goes.

Biography: The youngest son of Garth XI and his Queen Elinor Caswell, twin brother to Princess Sarya Gardener, Prince Lorent like his brothers was not left wanting while growing up in the splendorous court of Highgarden. Always enamored with the knightly ideal from an early age, he always insisted on being the knight-in-shining-armor in his games, first into the fight and to rescue the damsel in distress or secure the religious artifact. Even in boyhood he proved himself the most capable rider among his brothers; where all of them had problems even mounting their steed at first, Lorent rode as though he was born in the saddle, and never hesitated to remind everyone else of this at every opportunity.

As he matured, Lorent continued to work toward the chivalric ideal. Despite having been a rather plump youth, he grew into the fairest of the four Gardener brothers, further supporting his knightly image. He was knighted at the age of fifteen by his brother Garth, then already King of the Reach, following his spectacular performance in a royal tourney in which he defeated the entirety of the Rainbow Guard and the other knights of the realm, earning himself the moniker 'the Green Gallant'; more than that, Garth later named him Lord Commander of the Rainbow Guard, citing his skills at arms and pointing out that he was the most capable fighter out of all of them. However, these successes have gone to Lorent's head, making him increasingly arrogant and prone to overreaction to any perceived slight upon his honor.

At present, Lorent remains Lord Commander of the King's Rainbow Guard. He is considered one of the finest knights of the Reach, and a darling to the ladies of the realm for his beautiful appearance, impeccable manners, and tourney successes - all of which he is more than happy to rub in everyone else's face.

Personality: An idealist who believes wholeheartedly in the chivalric ideal, but is unfortunately every bit as proud and vain as his oldest brother, Lorent in some ways is the archetypal knight: courteous, generous and always quick to laughter around his peers and siblings, but arrogant and condescending at best toward those he deems his inferiors, or otherwise unworthy of his attention (such as anyone he deems 'unsightly').

Despite having never fought a battle, Lorent believes his tourney successes makes him as great a warrior as his second brother Gyles and as capable a tactician as his third brother Mern, leading the former to disparagingly call him 'the Tourney Fairy'; in retaliation, he nicknamed Gyles 'the Oaf of Battle'. The Green Gallant is thirsty for glory, and is always needling his brother about opportunities to actually go to war and fight on the front, only to be reminded each time that his job as Lord Commander of the Rainbow Guard is to stay behind and guard the King of the Reach; despite owing his position to Garth, this has not stopped Lorent from fuming and exhibiting considerable resentment toward his kingly brother.

Princess Sarya Gardener

Married? No

Physical appearance: Shorter than her twin (but, bizarrely enough, taller than her oldest brother) at 5'9", with long light-brown curls washed in rosewater, the porcelain skin expected of a princess, and a graceful figure blessed with a full bust and strong hips, Sarya looks every bit a beautiful 'classical princess' out of a children's tale. Her twin brother's gifts of crowns made of flowers that he weaved himself, along with her own extensive use of flower imagery, has led others to nickname her 'the Fairest Flower'.

Biography: The second-youngest daughter of Garth XII, twin sister to Lorent Gardener (the elder of the two by a few minutes), Princess Sarya was doted upon extensively by her parents, and was her grandmother's favorite and later, protege alongside her third brother Mern. She developed a talent for political intrigue from an early age, always able to charm others into getting her way like her eldest brother Garth, but just as capable of twisting and distorting the facts, or outright lying, as Mern. Though she was predictably the damsel-in-distress in her games with her brothers and other children at court, Sarya always tried to wriggle her way out of whatever imaginary predicament herself, to the annoyance of her twin the knight-in-shining-armor.

As she grew, Sarya became a protege of her grandmother Ellyn Florent, 'the Fox Matriarch', and the two 'practiced' their elaborate schemes, most of the time just to mess around with courtiers or her brothers, but at other times to address more serious internal threats to the realm. In particular, the Fox Matriarch advised her to follow in her eldest brother's footsteps and appease the smallfolk with bread and circuses, keeping their support firmly behind the Gardener line while also entertaining the aristocracy, and warning her that her hand was most likely to be used to seal a strategic alliance with one of the Reach's neighbors. Sarya has accepted this as nothing more than a challenge, another method of strengthening the influence of the Reach on Westeros and advancing her native kingdom's agenda, and secretly strives to outdo her grandmother.

Personality: While superficially a demure, always-smiling classic princess, beneath that facade Sarya is a shrewd young lady, already versed in political intrigue from her lessons with her grandmother the 'Fox Matriarch' and her observations of her older siblings at court. While always projecting a courteous and ladylike aura, Sarya conceals her plans and intentions beneath these tricks, carefully assessing everyone who comes forth to meet her and calculating her chances at plotting against them if need be. While not unintelligent, she does have a tendency to overestimate her own still-budding skills at intrigue, putting too much stock in her grandmother's reputation and often thinking she is the Fox Matriarch reborn, and her insistence of secrecy often leads her to fail to divulge critical information to equally critical allies.

Princess Lyra Justman, Lady of Brightwater Keep

Married? Yes (to Prince Mern Gardener)

Physical appearance: Matching her good-sister Sarya in height at 5'9", with deep red curls that fall to her shoulders, light gray eyes and a lithe, slender figure, Lyra captures perfectly the image of an Andal princess of the Riverlands. She is considered pretty, but not beautiful, unlike her good-sister Sarya, by all but her husband Mern.

Biography: The daughter of the last Justman King of the Gods' Eye in the southeast Riverlands, Lyra was seven when her father's kingdom was destroyed by the Blackwood Kings from Raventree Hall in a First Man counterattack against the Andal states in the Riverlands. Together with her mother, uncles, aunts and cousins, she fled to the Gardener court of Highgarden, where King Garth XI had opened his door to Andal exiles recently displaced by the resurgent First Men in a bid to add glamor to his court, and win the opportunity to install client kings once he pushed the First Men back. While she immediately fell in love with the beautiful gardens and sparkling fountains of the Reach's capital, Lyra was a mischievous child, and on her very first night in Highgarden she, along with her partner-in-crime and future husband Prince Mern, switched the dove pies for rat cakes at dinner, to their amusement and everyone else's horror.

As she grew, Lyra continued to entertain the possibility of reclaiming her birthright in the Riverlands, though even Mern repeatedly informed her that with the Ironborn threatening the coast and the Stormlands in disarray, the Reach had more important things to do with its time & resources. Nonetheless, she has made it a personal crusade of hers, often insisting that the Riverlands be prioritized, or at least that it is made the Reach's next target after dealing with the Ironborn threat. She was mollified when her good-brother, then-Prince Garth, prevailed upon his father to arrange a marriage between her and Mern, where she had previously feared a marriage to a Teague or Fisher she did not know instead, but more recently she has begun to needle her husband (now Lord of Brightwater Keep) about the possibility of recovering the Riverlands once again.

Personality: Cheerful, energetic and passionate, Princess Lyra has made herself beloved with the small folk in much the same way her good-sister Sarya has - visiting local markets to buy fresh fruits, breads and fish, ordering dresses from the local seamstresses, and donating generously to the Faith and other local charities. Unlike Sarya however, Lyra is one to wear her heart on her sleeve, making these public gestures with all honesty behind them, and rarely bothering to hide or even sugarcoat how she feels about any particular issue or individual, and while she is courteous (if frank) most of the time, she has gotten into several truly venomous spats with other ladies at the court. When she wants something - for example, say, her father's lands in the Riverlands - she will never give up on pursuing it and makes no secret of her intentions, no matter how poor her chances may seem and how much it grates on her good-family.

Minor Gardeners
    Immediate Gardener family:
    Ellyn Florent
    , 62 years old, 'the Fox Matriarch', Queen Dowager, grandmother to the Gardeners, a tall old crone with a foul temper and effectively 'Mistress of Whispers' to her husband & son;
    Elinor Caswell, 42 years old, Queen Dowager, mother to the Gardeners, widow of the late King Garth XI, an aging but handsome woman;
    Leona Gardener (Lannister), 29 years old, wife to one of the Lannisters, eldest of the Gardener siblings, a tall, bold and passionate lady;
    Alys Gardener (Styrmhart), 23 years old, wife to the Prince of the Stormlands, fourth of the Gardener siblings, dainty and bright-eyed;
    Amerei Gardener (Mysthart), 18 years old, wife to the Mist King, sixth of the Gardener siblings, a playful flirt, with her mother's bright golden hair;
    Falia Gardener, 11 years old, betrothed to the Prince of the Torrentine, ninth of the Gardener siblings, a quiet girl who has yet to flower

Uncles, aunts and cousins:
    Alyn Gardener, 44 years old, uncle to the Gardeners and father of Imry, a brusque one-eyed captain who fought under his older brother Garth XI's command;
    Desmera Ashford, 40 years old, wife of Alyn and mother of Imry, a harsh woman with a perpetual scowl on her face;
    Imry Gardener, 23 years old, cousin to the Gardeners and son of Imry & Desmera, a religious fanatic who has joined the Warrior's Sons;
    Jasper Gardener, 40 years old, uncle to the Gardeners and father of Janei & Delena, a drunken lout;
    Donella Bulwer, 38 years old, wife of Jasper and mother to Janei & Delena, a short but stout and very large woman, as most Bulwers are;
    Janei Gardener, 15 years old, cousin to the Gardeners, a studious but physically unattractive young woman;
    Delena Gardener, 13 years old, cousin to the Gardeners, pretty and superficially courteous, but petty and vindictive
    Last edited by Barry Goldwater; July 02, 2012 at 01:01 PM.

Narf's Avatar Reach for the Stars.
    Content Staff Citizen

Wilenmok Marag
    The Empire of the Sea

Mokwil Kelob
    The Great City Home

Makit Yaseken
    Name: Makit Yaseken Ehep
    Marital Status: Widower
    Character Status: Main
    Current Location: Mermaids Palace (Mokwil Kelop)
    Physical appearance:Makit is a huge man Larger than most and he always seem to be in complete control, with powerful shoulders, a fierce dark face, and eyes that seemed to flash and glitter with savage laughter. A face to be dominated by Or, to fight: never a face to patronize or pity. All his movements are large and perfectly balanced like those of a wild animal, and when appearing in a room, his presence seems like that of a wild animal held in a cage too small for it. His eyes are bluish like everybody else on Mermaids Palace and his hair is long and grey from age.
    Biography:Long and Glorious. He lived most of his life as Makit. Emperor of this little Island, content with it to never mettle in the outside worlds affairs. He had a wife he loved and kid he loved. A Good long fulfilling life. He have fought, prevailed, negotiated. He have been anywhere between the wall and Dorne, some say he have even spoken with giants. But such is it, there is many rumours about the Makit of Mermaids palace. None which he approves or denies. He is a man of much experience.
    Personality: He is a kind man, he does not appear to be so but in essense he is. HE is smart, sharp and quick not one to forgive yet he does believe in second chances. But never more than that. HE is Harsh and cruel when a person is found guilty of a crime. A just man. And at the same time cynical towards those that prey on others.
    Nit Yaseken
    Name: Nit Yaseken Din
    Current Location: Mermaids Palace (Mokwil Kelop)
    Physical appearance: "Tall" is definitely not an adjective to describe Nit. Shorter than the average person, this little lady makes up for it with killer looks. Her round face is complimented by a cute, snub nose, brilliant blueish eyes, lush lips, and a natural blush to her cheeks that stands out on her pale skin. She wears her Night-Black hair loosely, long and free. While 'beauty' is generally subjective, Nit is at the very least considered "pretty". Her features are further accentuated by her manner of dress. Well off, and rich, Nit can afford to buy any clothes of her liking. She has impeccable taste in clothes, always choosing whatever was just right in that particular Merchants storage or ordering for the right garments to be bought at another place. Her clothes are stylish, silky, well tailored and comfortable. She tends to favour clothes with a white colour, as she feels this makes her eyes really 'pop'.
    Biography:A ray of sunshine, that's what her parents called her. Makit was so proud of his little girl, his little genius. While her mother, Mjizklumatip(Luma), dressed Nit up in pretty clothes, Makit helped her tatter them up by teaching her the fundamental skills of swordfighting, riding ect.. Makit had a soft spot for his little girl And she was to be taught all that was to know. And this is where she still is, learning, all that her father deems useful for a future Magih(Queen) Her life have been spend studying with love from her father and mother, Makit and Magih of their small Empire, which no longer had the right to be called an Empire. She have had great teachers and is generally happy about her life as it is currently. The only thing that saddens her is the fact that her mother Luma died a year ago. A Loss that would take many years to heal.
    Personality:While kind and caring, Nit can be rather abrasive. She is very opinionated, and quite the sassy little lady. She is very direct, open, and honest. Sometimes, a little too honest, as she has scared away more than one potential friend or more with her lack of tact. Nit can at times be overbearing; she has a very strong maternal instinct, especially for people she cares about. At times, she is bossy and stifling. Though it comes from a good place. Like any mama-minded creature, Nit becomes a powderkeg when someone hurts the people she loves. She may be small, she may be cute, but her fist can pack a wallop, she have been taught how to punch and she is not too much a Princess to defend those she cares about. She have not had to yet, she still remains the stylish fragile Princess in the peoples eyes. But one day this trait will be one that allow her to take up sword to defend those she loves, without fear or hesitation. All in all Qualities good for a future, Magih.

House Redwyne

House Redwyne

Cheltan Redwyne

Name: Cheltan Redwyne the Third of his Name "The Knight"
    Current Location: Highgarden, The Court of King Garth XII Gardener of the Reach
    Svanastia Redwyne

Name: Svanastia Redwyne the Third of her Name "The Beauty"
    Marital Status: Married with King Garth XII Gardener
    Ronia Redwyne

Name: Ronia Redwyne the First of her Name "The Rabbit"
    Character Status: Secondary Character.

Total
    Main Characters: 2
    Secondary Characters
    :

Last edited by Narf; July 04, 2012 at 06:05 PM.

Lucius Malfoy's Avatar Pure-Blood
    Citizen

House Martell
    Kings of the Sands and Sun

House Sigil and Words
    Unbowed, Unbent, Unbroken

House Titles
    Kings of the Sands and the Sun, Lords of the Redspear and Children of Enlil the Wanderer

House History
    The origins of House Martell, masters of the Dorne, are shrouded in mystery. To this day, only speculation and theories can describe how the Martells came to be. The most popular of these accepted theories involved a young Andal knight by the name of Enlil, who arrived around 6000 BL with the many hordes of Andal that arrived to settle within the Fingers. Enlil was a smith during the winter seasons and a renowned hunter during the warmer seasons. The young Andal would prove himself worthy of knighthood during the beginning phases of the war against the Kings of the First Men. He would earn the name Redspear for having a crimson spear that always hit its mark against the bronze armored soldiers of the First Men.

Enlil followed Ser Arryn and his mighty host to besiege the Mountain Kings of the Vale. Over the course of the campaign, Enlil would become a commander of a small contingent of warriors that had proven themselves well under his banner. During the final battle against the Griffin King, Enlil and his troops had to scale the cliff side to climb up to the Eyrie. Though it was a hard task and many fell to their deaths climbing, Enlil did not give up and continued to climb. However, by the time of his arrival, the Griffin King was dead, pierced by the weapon of his opponent, Ser Arryn. Upon that day, the knight Aryts Arryn became King of the Vale. Enlil, however, was not rewarded any partitions of land for his services. This lingering gesture would become a motive for the young Enlil to move further south.

As time went on, the young Andal knight would fight throughout the known lands of Westeros. He fought alongside those who conquered the Westerlands, the Reach and finally the Stormlands. All who had forgotten the services done by Enlil, who remained an unrewarded and wandering knight. However, fortuned turned its face in Enlil’s direction when a dispute rose in the lands of sand and sun, the Dorne. A great fight had broken out in the farthest southern province of the future Sunspear, a city of minor purposes at the time, but one that attracted Enlil to it. Two major houses were fighting over who would succeed the empty throne of their deceased King. This feud had already taken innocent lives and was close to breaking out elsewhere. But peace came when Enlil arrived. Enlil mediated the matter between the two houses, repairing their former ties and bringing the sense of brotherhood once more to the city. The young Andal proved to be a great man of word, sword and ability that awed the people of Sunspear. Through his selfless actions, Enlil was nominated as King of Sunspear. This was the transformation that began the Martells. Upon the moment that Enlil ascended the throne, his mind was opened to one of the Seven, the Crone. The Crone spoke words of wisdom that would prove to be the beginning of a new Kingdom in the Dorne. Enlil would rise from his throne and renounce his old name, thus proclaiming himself, Daryus Martell, King of the Sand and Sun. The two houses that had aided his rise would become known as the future House Jordayne of the Tor and House Allyrion of Godsgrace.

Daryus would set forth to carve a new realm for his people, one that would unite the Dorne as one kingdom under one banner. Daryus married a native to the province, one who belonged to a powerful merchant family. His connections helped not only expand capital of Redspear (Sunspear), but build a great kingdom forged of gold and blood. Daryus would die only thirty years later, a man known as the Unbowed King, one who refused to be the subject of anyone but himself and the Seven. His noble son, Daryus II, would become known as the Unbent King, another man who refused to kneel before anyone but the Seven. His reign expanded the territories of the Kingdom to Ghost Hill, the first of second major expansions that began with his reign. Daryus II would die only after a reign of ten years, after the completion of his new palace. His infant son, Mors, would come to power and become known as one of the greatest Kings of the Sands and Sun.

Though Mors was crowned as an infant, it was the regency of his mother, Dowager Queen Allyria and the able administration of Lord Gulian Allyrion that ensured the rise of Mors. It was at first believed that Mors was born to be a reckless child, beating those who dared to rise to his stature. As a teenager, the young Martell was intrigued by politics and the military. This desire to learn would be done under the mentorship of Lord Allyrion, a man who had a trusted friend of Mors’ father and one of proven abilities. By the time of his full adult hood, Mors was a completely changed Martell. He had handsome features and a strong, noble heart. The young Martell had a knack for tactics and politics, similar to the abilities of Daryus I. Mors stabilized trade and economy of the small Kingdom, then thrusted the realm into war. Mors Martell conquered Godsgrace and installed House Allyrion as their Lords. His next big expansion extended as far as the Tor where House Jordayne was installed and ensured that the city would become an important source of trade for the Martells. Mors became known as the Unbroken King, a man of awe-inspiring abilities and one who brought the Kingdom of the Sands and Sun to its greatest extent to date. His reign would last a full seventy years before death took Mors in his sleep. It is through these three great kings, Daryus I, Daryus II and Mors I that the Martell’s motto would come be known. It is through these three noble men that the Kingdom was forged and built upon the sands, to marvel future glories to come. His grandson, Oberyn, known as the Scorpion would ascend the throne in 700 BL as the favored heir. And that is where our story continues…

Characters:
    Oberyn "the Scorpion" Martell
    Name: Oberyn "the Scorpion" Martell, Second in Name, King of the Sun and Sand, Lord of House Martell
    Land: Redspear (Capital)
    Children: 1 bastard son

Ulrick "the Iron Fisted" Martell
    Name: Ulrick "the Iron Fisted" Martell, Marshall of the Martell forces
    Relation: Cousin of King Oberyn Martell
    Land: None
    Marital Status: Married
    Children: 1 daughter (7 years) and 1 boy (3 years)

Armen Jordayne
    Name: Armen Jordayne, Fourth in Name, Lord of House Jordayne and Steward of King Martell
    Land: The Tor
    Marital Status: Married
    Children: 2 boys and 1 girl

Tremond "Swift-foot" Allyrion
    Name: Tremond "Swift-foot" Allyrion, Captain of the Golden Spearbearers
    Land: None

More to come!

House Telvaren

House Sigil and Words
    WIP

House Titles
    Prince of Pentos, Lord Magister of Myr and Children of the Silver Dragon

House History
    WIP

Characters:
    Aerion "the Wise Seraph" Telvaren
    Name: Aerion "the Wise Seraph (the Wise Guardian)" Telvaren, Prince of Pentos, Lord of House Telvaren
    Possession: the Valyrian bastard sword, Great Claw (?)
    Lands: Pentos

Heagon "the Splendid" Telvaren
    Name: Heagon "the Splendid" Telvaren, Lord Magister of Myr, brother of Aerion
    Lands: Myr
    Marital Status: Married to the daughter of a powerful merchant family
    Children: 1 girl (5 years old)

Aegor Valiten
    Name: Aegor Valiten, Captain of the Silver Blades
    Marital Status: Widowed
    Children: Bastard son (alive, 10), daughter (dead)

Vaekar "the Silver Knight" Tympharen
    Name: Vaekar "the Silver Knight" Tympharen
    Marital Status: Unknown
    Children: Bastard daughter (5 years old)

More to come!

To be Updated!
    Last edited by Lucius Malfoy; July 02, 2012 at 02:01 PM.
    Gaming Director for the Gaming Staff
    Gaming Director for the Play-by-Post Subforum and the RPG Shed

House Blackwood

Sigil & Words

Words: not in books

House Titles

WIP

House History

WIP

Characters
    WIP

House Caliuem

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Sigil :

Words :

Culture : Valyrian

Titles :

Characters :
    Main-

Cymella Caliuem, Princess of Lys

Otherys Caliuem, Archon of Tyrosh

Vanille Caliuem
    Rank " wip

Ren Caliuem
    Rank " Sworn sword

Viserys Caliuem

Minor :
    Rhae Caliuem
    Rhaenys Caliuem
    Aegor Caliuem
    Valkar Caliuem

Lord Axell Hightower of Oldtown
    Appearence :

Biography : The sole child of Lord Randall Hightower and his wife of House Tarly, Axell was raised to be his father's heir. His mother had died giving birth to him and his father shortly after that in a battle against the Ironborn, so he was raised by his father's steward, and would become a rather intelligent man in fiances and naval warfare, having also squired for one of his father's more successful commanders and now his second in command in the neverending war against the Ironborn and their liege, House Hoare.
    Last edited by Xion; July 10, 2012 at 04:15 PM.

jakev2's Avatar Primicerius

House Styrmhart
    Kings of the Stormlands

House Sigil and Words

Titles

The Storm King
    King of the Stormlands and Protector of its People
    Lord of Storm's End
    Foremost of the Line of Durran
    King of the Wind and Rain
    The Crowned Stag
    The Hand that Hurls the Lightning and the Mouth that Booms the Thunder

Family History (WIP)

The First Storm King, approx. 9000 B.L.

The story of the first Storm King and the founding of Storm's End is steeped in legend. During the times of the First Men, in the Age of Heroes, when strange gods and great warriors walked Westeros, the Stormlands were a warm place. They were not known for the violent weather which has buffeted the region for millenia. A man known as Durran forged a mighty Kingdom for himself here, and in doing so, his acts of valour and great strength won him the love of Elenei, daughter of the God of the Sea and the Goddess of the Wind. Her parents forbade her from loving a mere mortal, but Elenei defied them, and joined Durran in his keep in the Northern Stormlands.

Durran with Elenei

The pair were deeply in love, but on the night of their wedding, the Gods wrath fell upon them. A mighty and terrible storm destroyed Durran's keep, his home. Enraged, and spurred on by his need to provide a home for his new wife, Durran built first wooden keeps, then wooden castles, before moving onto formidible stone castles, seeking to build a stronghold to thwart the Gods' rage. Each time, his castle was destroyed. But on the seventh time, Durran built a stronghold with walls so smooth and thick that the storms of Shipbreaker Bay could not find purchase, and the castle stood firm and unmoving in the face of the Gods. Some say it was built with the help of the Children of the Forest, others say that he was aided by a young Brandon the Builder, but all agree that his fortress was among the greatest ever built in Westeros. This, he named Storm's End, as it would finally stop the Storm Gods from bringing pain to his family. Durran named himself the first Storm King, taking the name Styrm and becoming the first of it's House. Some called him Durran Godsgrief, for he took Elenei from her divine parents. He took the titles of Storm King, King of the Stormlands, and Lord Protector of it's people, and his descendants ruled the Stormlands until the Andal Invasion.

Storm's End

Horrik Stag and the Andal Invasion, approx. 6,000 B.L.

When the Andals came to Westeros with their steel weapons, new gods, and lust for war, among them was an aging warrior by the name of Tybald Stag. With him travelled his wife, and their son, Horrik, little more than a boy. As they landed on the fingers and took their first steps on this new land, Tybald keeled over, a smile on his face. He lived just long enough to ask his most trusted friend, Brant Connington, to train his son Horrik in the arts of war so that he may forge a mighty kingdom for himself. Brant swore by the seven to do so, as his friend died in his arms.

As the Andals swept away castle after castle in the Vale, setting up their own new noble houses, Brant continued to teach the young Horrik all he knew about swordsmanship and the lance, and the young boy became a fine warrior. Though he was to young to take part in the battle for the Eyrie, Horrik talked with Brant about the battle for weeks afterwards, trying to learn as much as he could about seige tactics. In the coming years, Horrik and the aged Brant traversed Westeros, carried by the tide of Andals looking for new lands to settle, fighting many battles and taking many women. They followed Garth Gardener to the Reach, and then turned North to battle with the River Kings in the Riverlands.

Andal Warriors sweep across Westeros

Eventually, Horrik Stag decided that he must strike out to seek his own land, and he gathered a group of warriors to his banner, the Black Stag. They struck out south and East from the Riverlands, towards the Kingdom of the Storm King. They stopped not far from the source of the Blackwater Rush and prayed to the Seven for three full days. They then erected a small stone monument to the Seven. Years later, an Andal would take this as a sign that he should settle here, and would found the town of Stoney Sept.

The Seven who are One

House Styrm was ruled by King Artos II, an experienced warrior in his thirties. He had watched as the Kingdoms around him fell to the Andals, but was confident that his fortress in Storm's End would hold. By this point, Horrik was entering his twenties and Brant was well into his sixties. Their first challenge came at the castle of Bronzegate, where the First Men of House Styrm's Kingdom had erected a huge wooden wall across a valley, with a mighty bronze gate set into it. Horrik threatened to burn Bronzegate to the ground, but the Lord there, a certain Dayton Buckler, challenged Horrik to single combat, rather than seeing his people burn. The old man's courage touched Horrik, reminding him of the father he barely knew, and he offered to marry his firstborn daughter (should be have one) to the Lord's grandson in return for his allegiance. Lord Buckler, fed up with the rule of House Styrm and pleased at Horrik Stag's mercy, accepted, taking the faith of the Seven. And so the band of Andal warriors became an army of First Men and Andals, marching on Storm's End.

Horrik at the head of his army

In time, the Stag forces met a small amount of the Styrm forces in battle not far North of Storm's End. The battle was over quickly, thanks to the superior numbers and weaponry available to Horrik. However, after the battle he saw the corpse of a young maiden, an arrow in her back, lying on the ground. He dismounted, and turned the body over. Immediately, he was struck by her beauty, and fell in love, his sadness at her death overwhelming. From a prisoner, he discovered what they had thought was an army was in fact an escort for the maiden, taking her from Felwood to the safety of Storm's End. The maiden was the sister of the Storm King. At this, Horrik's sadness turned to rage - at himself, the Storm King, and the nameless soldier who shot her - and he swore by the dead girl that he would take Storm's End and lay her body to rest there, before her corpse was spoiled.

In time, Horrik, Brant, and their forces made it to Storm's End. They besieged the castle, but Horrik knew that in order to keep his oath he would need to take the castle by storm, as a protracted seige was not an option. His men set about making ladders, and by the cover of night, approached the castle and raised their ladders. In his arrogance, King Artos posted few watchmen on the walls, thinking his castle would protect him from anything. But the army moved without torches, and were at the walls before the alarm was raised. Only as the first warriors made it onto the walls did the opposing forces appear in numbers. Durran's walls wan wet with blood, as they had run wet with rain for thousands of years, and Horrik's fury drove him to slay hundreds of men, before he faced Artos himself. They fought for hours, and a mighty storm appeared overhead. the ground slick with rain, Artos eventually slipped, the Storm King beaten at last by the Gods, and Horrik ran a blade through his throat.

The Rage of Horrik

After the battle, Horrik Stag layed his first love to rest, and found that King Artos had a second sister, Princess Drea. They were married soon after the battle, and Horrik made Storm's End his fortress. To honour his first love and his new one, he took the name Styrmhart, and became the Storm King, Horrik I. He also took the yellow of house Styrm as the field for his own Black Stag, and because of his terrible rage, took the words "Ours is the Fury" for his House. Brant Connington was rewarded with a newly constructed castle Griffin's Roost, and became one of Horrik's most trusted Lords and one of the most important Houses in the Stormlands. House Buckler was rewarded as promised, and Horrik spent the rest of his days securing the allegiances of those he had conquered, giving lands to his men, and securing his borders to make a lasting kingdom. Several of the most important houses of the Stormlands were formed from among Horrik's loyal band, including;
    • Lord Brant Connington, first of House Connington of Griffin's Roost
    • Lord Luceon Swann, first of House Swann of Stonehelm
    • Lord Marwyn Tarth, first of House Tarth of Evenfall Hall
    • Lord Kole Penrose, first of House Penrose of Parchments
    • Lord Jordon Wylde, first of House Wylde of Rain House
    The Andal Storm Kings, 6,000 B.L. ~ 900 B.L.

Horrik's descendants ruled as Storm Kings for the next five millenia uninterrupted, and slowly but steadily expanded his kingdom South into the Dornish Marches and North beyond the Kingswood and into Blackwater Bay. They warred sporadically with the petty Kings of the Riverlands, the Gardeners, and the smaller Kingdoms to the South in Dorne, but were more or less untouched by the feared ironborn raids thanks to their distance from the Western coast of Westeros. Thanks to the naturally dangerous weather of the Stormlands and the multitude of strong castles built there by the various Lords, little of the Stormlands was ever lost to invaders. Duskendale was conquered under King Durran IV around 5,300 B.L. and became the main port of the Kingdom, trading with both those in Westeros and Essos.

The town of Duskendale, with the Dun Fort near right

With the Kingdom expanding through conquest, the Storm Kings made many enemies, and wars meant that the borders were constantly changing. At it's greatest extent, under King Rodin I (lived approx. 2350 B.L.) the Styrmhart's Kingdom stretched from Saltpans down to Wyl, but the Storm Kings never managed to make it further into Dorne. At times, House Styrmhart even contributed men to joint Andal efforts aimed at taking the North from the First Men, and several of the Stormlands' greatest Kings fell in combat against the Starks and in the bogs of the Neck.. Thanks to the naturally dangerous weather of the Stormlands and the multitude of strong castles built there by the various Lords, little of the Stormlands was ever lost to invaders, and the main area (from South of the Kingswood down to Stonehelm) was never taken. It was inevitable, then, that House Styrmhart's problems would come from within its own borders - within the family itself.

The two Kingdoms - 900 B.L ~ present

The reign of the last Storm King to hold the whole of the Stormlands, King Athalos, lasted from 934 B.L. to 897 B.L, the year of his death. He inherited the throne from his father, at the age of 31, and by 897 he was 68 years old. The King had three sons, and no dughters. The firstborn, Prince Caerac, was known for being a rebellious character, ruled by passions. His second son, Prince Tobin, was loyal to his father, deeply religious, and very intelligent, but could sometimes seem aloof. The third son, Prince Warrick, was sickly and meek, and was lucky to live past twenty. Prince Caerac had acted against his father's wishes for years, but the final straw came in 904 B.L. when he married a Buckler, descended from the First Men, entirely against his father's wishes. For this, Athalos disinherited Caerac, making Prince Tobin his heir. In response to this, Caerac and his wife, Helewys, moved South to Mistwood, where they proved to be immensely popular with the people thanks to Caerac's confidence and way with words.

The three brothers - from left to right, Prince Tobin, Prince Warrick, and Prince Caerac

Not long after, King Athalos sadly passed away, leaving his lands and his Kingdom to Prince Tobin. Prince Caerac was enraged by this, and declared himself the Storm King, gathering huge support in the South. Prince Warrick stayed in the North, but whether this was due to deteriorating health or loyalty to the new King Tobin is unclear. Regardless, King Athalos marched North with a mighty host, including the men of House Swann and House Grandison. King Tobin decided that he would not risk a war on two fronts, and sent men from the Crownlands under Torbrand Darklyn to Bronzegate, to defeat the Bucklers loyal to his brother and then join his own host at Storm's End. Though the Bucklers, the family of King Caerac's wife, fought well, they were ultimately outnumbered heavily and surrendered, allowing the huge host from the North through.

Comforted by these reinforcements, King Tobin rode to Griffin's Roost, the only castle between Storm's End and the lands loyal to his brother. Caerac came to Griffin's Roost with a mighty host, but the castles formidible walls beat him back, and he was forced to retreat. Heartened by this, and with the reinforcements under the Darklyns arriving, Tobin launched a counterattack on the disloyal Lords, taking first the Crow's Nest, then Amberly, and lastly Stonehelm, where he met Caerac in the battle. King Tobin slew King Caerac, but as he celebrated his victory, an anonymous soldier stabbed him in the chest, mortally wounding him. With both of their Kings dead, the two armies retreated to their respective strongholds, Mistwood and Storm's End. Tobin's forces did not press their numbers advantage, as the forests and mountains of the South made progress costly. Instead, both armies waited for their young Kings to come of age, before fighting once again.

King Tobin kills his brother with a lance, moments before his own death

Family Tree

King Karle Styrmhart (deceased)

-King Cristoffer Styrmhart I, born 743 B.L, The Storm King, Lord of Storm's End, peaceable (some would say weak) and kind

-His wife, Queen Rosalyn Styrmhart, born 739 B.L. (Née Darklyn)

--Their Children, Prince Tyrsten Styrmhart, born 721 B.L. (deceased)

--Prince Rodin Styrmhart, born 718 B.L, "The Lightning Prince", known as a great jouster and lover of war

--His wife, Princess Alys Styrmhart, born 723 B.L. (Née Gardener)

--Princess Helanna Styrmhart, born 714 B.L, unmarried

--Prince Wendyl Styrmhart, born 712 B.L, unmarries

-Prince Darius Styrmhart, born 734 B.L, legitimised bastard of Karle and an unknown Lysene woman, Lord of Rosby, a man ruled by passions, a terrible temper, and desires

-His wife, Princess Carolin Styrmhart, born 729 B.L. (Née Connington)

--Their child, Reggard "Reggie" Styrmhart, born 713 B.L.

Mains highlighted in red

Main Characters

King Cristoffer I Styrmhart

Lands: Storm's End

Marital status: Married to Queen Rosalyn Styrmhart (née Darklyn)

Parentage: Son of King Karle I Styrmhart and Queen Vila Styrmhart (née Selmy)

Appearance: Cristoffer stands at an average 5'11", but is broadly built, with powerful shoulders and thick, muscular arms. He looks older than he is, with short, greying hair and a grey/white beard. He has light brown eyes.

Description: Prince Cristoffer was born into a Kingdom at war, and he lived his early life training to defend his family. By the time he was sixteen, he had fought in his first battle, against the forces of the neighbouring Mist King, and by eighteen he was considered skilled and mature enough to be anointed in the light of the Seven as a knight. He soon found he was good at making war, but he lost his desire for war. This change in attitude came after his father, King Karle, ordered him to lead an attack on Crow's Nest. He was given to few men, but through his persistence he led the attack anyway. It became a massacre at the gates, with heavy casualties to both sides, and Cristoffer was lucky to escape with his life. Only a few months later, Karle died of a chest infection, and Cristoffer became the King of the Stormlands.

Since becoming the King, Cristoffer has preferred to avoid war and ensure the safety of his people through diplomacy. He married a Darklyn to ensure the loyalty of his Northern bannermen, and they had four children, three boys and a girl. Their firstborn, Prince Tyrsten, died while out hunting with his uncle Darius Styrmhart, at the age of fourteen, and Prince Rodin became heir to the Stormlands. The young prince performed exceptionally well in tournaments, including one in Highgarden which he won, age seventeen, declaring Princess Alys Gardener Queen of Love and Beauty. Cristoffer wasted little time brokering a marriage between the pair, securing the friendship of the Reach. His youngest two children, Princess Helenna and Prince Wendyl, are still unmarried, but rumour suggests that he is seeking suitable marriages for both that would secure the position of House Styrmhart against her surrounding Kingdoms.

Prince Rodin Styrmhart, "The Lightning Prince

Marital status: Married to Princess Alys Styrmhart (née Gardener)

Parentage: Son of King Cristoffer I Styrmhart and Queen Rosalyn Styrmhart (née Darklyn)

Appearance: Fairly tall at 6'1", Rodin is slender and wiry, but his seemingly thin body holds remarkable strength, and he is very graceful. This makes him an excellent jouster. He has a handsome face with pale blue eyes and short, dark blonde hair.

Description: Prince Rodin Styrmhart was, like all young noblemen who are born in the Stormlands, trained in the arts of war from a very young age. For a while, around the ages of ten to twelve, he was skinnier and shorter than the other boys of his age, and in particular he believed himself to be inferior to his popular, tall older brother Tyrsten. However, when Tyrsten died in 707 B.L, when Tyrsten was eleven, he became heir to the Stormlands. When he hit his teenage years, he suddenly grew upwards very quickly. He became among the tallest of his friends, and though he initially had difficulty adjusting to his new body, he soon excelled at horseriding, jousting and swordsmanship. His slim and weedy body instead became lean and ripped with slender muscles. He became a full knight at the age of just fifteen. This did nothing to help his humility, and Rodin became rather vain.

His training and newfound prowess made the young prince restless, as his father the King seemed to be intent on peace when all Rodin wanted was war. Instead, when the chance arose the participate in a tourney at Highgarden, he jumped on it. In 701, he travelled to the capital of the Reach and defeated every knight who came challenge him in the joust, becoming champion and earning the title "The Lightning Prince" in the process, stemming from his power, speed, blonde hair and the fact he is heir of the Storm King. As he sat on his horse, victorious, trotting around the arena and waving to the crowd, he saw a beauty he knew he could not refuse. When handed the crown of roses, he placed it upon the brow of the mysterious woman, and kissed her on the cheek. He later discovered her to be Princess Alys Gardener, and within the year the pair were married.

Princess Helenna Styrmhart

Marital status: Not married, not betrothed

Parentage: Daughter of King Cristoffer I Styrmhart and Queen Rosalyn Styrmhart (née Darklyn)

Appearance: A pale and slender woman, she has very dark (almost black) brown hair and thick, rosy lips. She shares her dark hair with her Darklyn mother. She has small breasts, stands at 5'9" and is considered quite beautiful.

Description: Princess Helenna spent the first few years of her life in the rather miserable setting of Storm's End. The stronghold has a beauty of a sort, but not the sort that appeals to a little girl - thick, tall walls and horrible storms do not make a particularly magical setting. She became a somewhat cold and distant child, but very intelligent, passing the time bothering the maester or reading in the library. At the age of eight, her mother, Queen Rosalyn, sent her North to Rosby to live with her uncle and aunt, Darius and Carolin Styrmhart, as well as her cousin Reggard. She and Reggard (whom she called "Reggie") got on incredibly well, as he was just a year younger than her. They played together as often as possible when she was not being taught by her Septa and he was not being taught by his master-at-arms. The pair remain inseperable.

Prince Wendyl Styrmhart

Parentage: Son of King Cristoffer I Styrmhart and Queen Rosalyn Styrmhart (née Darklyn)

Appearance: Tall for his tender age, Wendyl stands at 5'8" and is built like the Styrmharts of the past - a barrel chest and muscular arms, suited more to a warhammer than a sword. He also has the jet black hair and dark brown eyes common in his family. He already has the first signs of a black beard on his chin and around his mouth.

Description: Like his brother, Prince Rodin, Wendyl has spent his life training in war at Storm's End, but unlike his brother, his physical strength is complemented by a good head for tactics. He is also more humble than his older brother, and condsidered by many to be more likeable. Prince Wendyl idolises his brother, and squired for him in the tourney at Highgarden in 701 B.L, a tourney which the Lightning Prince, as Rodin became known, would go on to win. Wendyl enjoyed his duties as a squire, but found himself more interested in the melee than the joust. He has since begun training with a small warhammer. Some of the Lords in the Stormlands believe Wendyl would make a better King than his brother, but the young Prince's loyalty to Rodin means that he is unlikely to become the Storm King anytime soon.

Prince Darius Styrmhart

Lands: Rosby

Marital status: Married to Princess Carolin Styrmhart (née Connington)

Parentage: Legitimised bastard son of King Karle Styrmhart and an unkown Lysene woman.

Appearance: Reasonably tall (6'2") whith long brown hair and a brown beard, with the blue eyes common in Lys.

Description: Darius had a rather difficult start to his life. He never knew his mother, and being a bastard meant he had to work five times as hard to get half the recognition of his older brother Cristoffer. He trained in combat daily, preferring to use a spear, and at the age of fifteen he ventured into the Kingswood, after hearing a rumour of a white stag in the forest. He spent seven weeks searching for signs of the beast, and another seven days tracking it. Eventually, he saw it in a clearing, and hurled his mighty spear at the hart, piercing its chest.

He returned to Storm's End with the carcass slung over his left shoulder, his bloody spear in his right hand, and threw it before the throne of his father. The other Lords present gasped, horrified by the sight, but King Karle only laughed. "A black stag slaying a white stag. The Mist King has better watch his arse!". The next day, Darius was made a trueborn son of the King by law, and upon his father's death, he inherited the town of Rosby, which the Storm Kings held since House Rosby attempted a rebellion in 832 B.L. He later married a Connington, a woman of one of the most important Houses in the Stormlands, and had a son, Reggard.

Reggard Styrmhart

Parentage: Son of Prince Darius Styrmhart

Appearance: Resembles his cousin, Prince Wendyl, but is slightly taller at 5'11". Has the same broad build, but has brown hair rather than black. He also has blue eyes, like his father. He is slightly fatter than his cousin, but has plenty of muscle underneath. His face is round and slightly fat.

Description: Reggard, or "Reggie" as he became known to his younger cousins, Wendyl and Helenna, grew up in Rosby, and so lacked the martial training given to Rodin and Wendyl at Storm's End. However, he is far more in tune with the people, and enjoys taking walks through the town to take in the sights and sounds. He is good with figures, having spent time learning with the maester and also listening to people haggle in the market. in 706, when Wendyl was seven, King Cristoffer sent his daughter (Reggard's cousin) Princess Helenna to live in Rosby. The two got on incredibly well, and often frustrated the servants to no end with their mischief in the castle.

WIP
    Last edited by jakev2; July 03, 2012 at 02:29 PM.
    House Tully, Lords Paramount of the Trident in A Game of Thrones RPG

House Bolton
    Kings of the Dreadfort
    (King of the North claimed)

Sigil

Words

"Our Blades are Sharp"
    "A flayed man holds no secrets"

Titles
    Lords of the Dreadfort, Flayers of Hornwood, Kings of the Dreadfort, Kings of the North (Claimed)

Family Tree

Immediate (main-branch) family:

King Ramsay Bolton (22, reigning King of the Dreadfort (In opposition to Wintefell), unmarried, main, possession: The Dreadfort)
    Prince Dekard Bolton (19, unmarried, main)
    Princess Liza Bolton (20, unmarried, non-main)
    Princess Foira Bolton (18, unmarried, non-main)
    Prince Solod Bolton (16, unmarried, main)

Cousins:
    Prince Teraz Bolton (23, unmarried, non-main)
    Princess Kias Bolton (15, unmarried, non-main)
    Princess Nani Bolton (13, unmarried, non-main)

Important Courtiers:
    The Flayed Guard - (the Dreadforts Royal Guard, Coated in Black Armor. Parts of their backs have been flayed to signify their allegiance to House Bolton. The Higher the rank you are in the guard, the more you are flayed)

Total:
    3 Main Characters
    5 Non-Main Characters
    4 Courtiers

King Ramsay the Flayer

He has a fleshy appearance, with large, wormy lips and long hair.

Ramsay is cruel, savage and wild, taking delight in torturing others. He is quite fond of the old Bolton custom of flaying their enemies.

Ramsay is a capable manipulator and possesses a low cold cunning, particularly good at thinking on his feet, though less savvy when it comes to long term consequences and intricate politics. Ramsay openly enjoys abusive and sick practices such as having young women stripped naked and released into the Bolton forests, before hunting them with a pack of feral dogs. He gives a quick death to women who give him good sport (after raping them first), then flays their corpses. He likes to name his dogs after the women he enjoys most to "honor" them. The women who don't give him good sport are raped and then flayed alive. All the skins of his kills are brought back with him to the Dreadfort as gruesome trophies. The bodies of the woman are fed to his dogs.

Ramsay, though savage in battle, was never officially taught at arms. His tutor in martial prowess was Reek, his serving man, who had never received any sword training himself. Ramsay's swordsmanship style is vicious and highly aggressive, wielding his sword as if it were a butcher's cleaver.

Adamat's Avatar Invertebrate

House Arryn of the Eyrie

House Sigil And Words

History
    House Arryn of the Eyrie are the descendants of the Andal conqueror Ser Artys Arryn, the great Winged Knight. The Andals had landed on the Fingers, which is Arryn territory. Therefor, the Arryns name themselves the primary Andal kings in Westeros. They have been settled in the Vale since the landing of the Andals, several thousand years ago. They have never bedded the First Men, so the Arryn line is a pure Andal line. This is why the Arryns sometimes declare war on the 'unpure Andal houses', like the Hightowers. The Eyrie has been relatively peaceful in recent history.

Titles
    Kings of Mountain and Vale
    Wearers of the Falcon Crown

Important Individuals
    King Artys Arryn, 4th of his name, King of Mountain and Vale. Age; 28
    King Artys is the relatively young king of the Vale, as his father and earlier lord of the Vale died 3 years ago. Lord Artys is skillfull and willing. Currently marshaling his forces, to attack the Riverlands according to some sources.

Marshall Lyn Arryn, brother to the King of Mountain and Vale. Age; 25
    Marshall Lyn is a fighter and commander of much renown, and unquestionably loyal to King Artys.

Prince Haldon Arryn. Age; 10
    Prince Haldon is the firstborn son of King Artys, a comely boy on the verge of squirehood. So far, he has shown skill with the use of lances and other polearms.
    Princess Nalys Arryn. Age; 8
    Princess Nalys is a young girl, and the second-born of King Artys.
    Ser Lefford Arryn. Age; 33
    Ser Lefford is a disinherited cousin of King Artys Arryn. After Artys' father died, Lefford took control of the Eyrie and ruled it in Artys' absence. While no grave crimes were committed, Lefford was expelled from the Kingdom of Mountain and Vale. Now a mercenary commander.

Harrold Stone. Age; 22
    A bastard from the Vale. Born to a middle-class woman with a small fortune gained from her paramour, probably a Vale Knight. At a young age, Harrold got a horse and weaponry. At the age of 16, he felt old enough to leave his mother, and trained enough to become a freerider. Armed with a warhammer or a greatsword.

Last edited by Adamat; July 23, 2012 at 07:54 AM.
    #JusticeForCookie #JusticeForCal #JusticeForAkar #JusticeForAthelchan

Gone 2 the Celts's Avatar Primicerius

House Bjifskag of Skagos Island

The Kings of Skagos Island

House Sigil and Words

“Eat or Be Eaten”

House History

The history of the Kings of Skagos can be traced back to 6000 BL, when the Andal warriors invaded Westeros. Bjif, son of Bjorn, from the fishing village of Skag, was a soldier in the first me’s army at the age of 21. He and his brethren stood up to the Andal army, who had established a forward base at the fingers. Time and time again, the First Men were defeated by the advancing Andal forces, but they remained determined to their cause, to drive back these usurpers from across the sea.

For what seemed like a lifetime, the Andal warriors advanced farther into Westeros, burning and pillaging the First Men villages on their way, including Bjif’s hometown of Skag. With the rage that filled him, Bjif took a command in the First Men Army, and used his soldiers in a Guerilla War, launching daring raids upon the Andal forces. It seemed that Bjif’s strategy was working, and it did.

Bjif’s career as a commander ended shortly afterwards, however. Bjif, who had turned insane, ate three of his captives and one of his soldiers who tried to stop him. For his ‘treason,’ Bjif and his followers were banished, and they fled up north, where they found refuge at an Island that they called ‘Skagos.’ On Skagos, there was a pirate hide-out. The pirates easily accepted the humble band into their crew, where they worked hard for years.

Eventually, Bjif’s son, Bjif II, became Captain of the Pirate Ship ‘Black Dawn.’ His crew raided the coast of Westeros, and they became wanted in nearly every coastal kingdom. Eventually, his crew grew so much that they could not fit on Bjif’s fleet. To counter this problem, Bjif decided to have his crews settle down on Skagos, and he created the Kingdom of Skagos. The noble families Oakfist, Oarhead, Mastmen, Blackeye, and Snaketooth can trace their lineage back to the original crew members of the ‘Black Dawn.’

[more modern history to come]

More recently, the inhabitants of Skagos still follow the tradition of eating prisoners to honor Bjif I, who is considered the first Skag King, and under Merlyn XII, the Bjifskag have named themselves ‘Kings of the Far North,’ with claims to everything north of the neck, though it would seem impossible for them to be able to become de facto Kings of the North.

King of Skagos

King Merlyn XII Bjifskag, 'The Black Pirate' (34, reigning King of Skagos at game start, married to Mara Oakfist)

Prince Merlyn Bjifskag, ‘The Kings Hand’ (16, Heir to the Throne of Skagos)

Princess Alexandria Bjifskag, ‘The Mountain Flower’ (13, oldest daughter of King Merlyn XII)

Prince Robb Bjifskag, ‘The Brute’ (30, brother to King Merlyn XII, married to Jane Oarhead)

Prince Andrew Bjifskag ‘The Man Eater’ (27, brother to King Merlyn XII)
    (Bios and appearance to come)

Last edited by Gone 2 the Celts; July 15, 2012 at 06:35 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kip Bohannon View Post
    I'm actually quite fond of Egyptian mythology. I'm quite fond of anything with golden penises, really.

Pinkie Pie's Avatar Comes Limitis

HOUSER BLOODRIVER

Seat of Power: Stormwood Castle (destroyed)
    Current Lord: Lord Manfrey Bloodriver
    Words: Weather The Storm

House Bloodriver is one of the smaller houses within the Riverlands and once commanded the northern Red Fork of the Trident from their seat of power at Stormwood Castle before it was conquered by the Ironborn. Based a mere 15 miles east of Seagard the Bloodrivers have had a long history of defending their land from raiders and this has bred a strong people who are willing to do anything to survive.

History

106 Years Ago: William Rivers is born to a small family in a small town in the northern Riverlands.

93 years Ago: William Rivers forms the mercenary company, The Blooded Sons.

80 Years Ago: Gerold Rivers is born.

77 Years Ago: William Rivers, leader of the mercenary company The Blooded Sons, rides to the defence of Seagard defeating the ironborn and saving the castle. in return he is granted land upon the banks of the Red Fork where he begins construction of a new castle.

72 years Ago: Stormwood Castle is finished and the newly titled Lord William takes the surname Bloodriver.

65 years Ago: Lord William Bloodriver is found dead in his bed at the age of 41, murdered by his concubine. His son Gerold Bloodriver is named Lord of Stormwood Castle and immediately has said concubine staked out next to the Red Fork to be used by all.

53 Years Ago: Stormwood Castle is put under siege by King Jonos Blackwood of Raventreed Hall, the siege will last for 2 years.

51 Years Ago: House Mallister and King Donwell Bracken join forces to defeat the Blackwoods beneath the alls of Stormwood Castle. Lord Gerold Bloodriver is killed in the fighting and King Donwell places his eldest son, Merron, in charge of the castle until Gerold's only surviving child, the 3 year old Lady Rose, comes of age.

41 Years Ago: Lady Rose Bloodriver is forced to marry Merron Bracken to nesure control over Stormwood Castle.

40 Years Ago:
    Norgrit Bloodriver is born.

37 Yeas Ago:
    Manfrey Bloodriver is born.

30 Years Ago: Lady Elaria is Born

24 years, Ago:
    Norgrit Bloodriver challenges his father to a friendly duel and during the fight injures Lord Merron's leg. Three days later Lord Merron Bracken dies and the Bloodrivers regain control over Stormwood Castle.

16 years Ago: Lady Elaria is wed to Sygfred Mallister and Lord Norgrit Bloodriver weds Daisy Mallister solodifying an alliance between the two houses.

20 Years Ago: The Ironborn rise to power under the command of House Hoare and start raiding along the Riverland shores.

2 Years Ago: Stormwood Castle finally falls to the Ironborn and its family are all but destroyed with the exception of
    Manfrey Bloodriver who was out hunting at the time.

Lord Manfrey Bloodriver

Appearance/Peronsality
    Manfrey Bloodriver has greyish blue eyes, a short beard covering his chin and a beaked nose, he is a small man at 5 ft 8 and this causes many enemies to mistake him for an easy target but this is not the case.
    Both his training by some of the finest tutors in the Seven Kingdoms and his having fought in wars against The Westlanders, Ironborn and Valelords has ensured he is a capable warrior and leader of men. This is also proven in his wiedling of the longsword, Bloodstorm which is given not to the heir but to he who is most worthy. His lack of training off the field has given him a certian uneasiness when dealing with nobility and commonfolk.

On the field Manfrey is quick to reacte, merciless and a feared warrior/commander. off the field he is withdrawn, to the point of shyness.

Skills:
    Duel +3
    Field battles +3
    Siege battles +3
    Loyalty +3

Last edited by Pinkie Pie; July 11, 2012 at 10:46 AM.
    "I, Pinkie Pie, declare that these treats are fit for a king, or a queen, or a princess!"
    "Me? Ruin? I'm not the ruiner, I'm the ruinee! Or is it ruinness? Ruinette?"
    "She's ahead of the litter all right. The pick of the litter. The cat's pajamas. Oh wait. Why would Applejack take some poor kitty's pj's? That's not very sporting of her."
    "More balloons! No, that's too many balloons. More candy! No, less candy. Ooh! I know! Streamers!"
    "Oh my gosh. Hold on to your hooves – I am just about to be brilliant!"

Shankbot de Bodemloze's Avatar From the Writers Study!
    Citizen

Blog Entries

The Night's Watch

Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory.I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the fire that burns against the cold, the light that brings the dawn, the horn that wakes the sleepers, the shield that guards the realms of men.I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all nights to come.

Notable Characters

At Castle Black
    Lord Commander
    Lord Commander Stark:

Name: Rickard Stark
    Appearance:
    A tall, bulky man with grey hair which still covers the whole of his head, he also has a grey goatee and sideburns.
    He has blue eyes, which are creased with the signs of age. His skin retains its elasticity, although his jaw isn't
    as chiselled as it was, and the skin around his neck is starting to hand loosely off it. When he is dressed fully in
    the black he still creates an aura of power around him, and his voice demands authority.
    Personality:
    He is a blunt but honest man that can take a joke and gives out his fair share. He is respected by the men, although
    a few more of the 'Southron' Knights find his manner unsuitable for command. Honour and integrity mean everything
    to this character, but he hates pride when it is to the point of selfishness and arrogance.
    History:
    Born an raised as the 3rd son of the King in the North, and until his eighteenth birthday content with being such.
    However it was at that time that the Lord Commander of the Nights Watch, the current King in the North's brother
    (Rickard's Uncle), paid visit to Winterfell. It was customary at the time that a Stark would hold a position of high office
    at the Wall, and his Uncle explained how he being the last son of the King in the North meant his prospects were low, and
    how instead he decided to take the Black. He then went on to explain the Watch to Rickard, who became fixed on joining
    the Nights Watch, the oldest order in the Seven Kingdoms. His father seemed all too happy to have his son on the Wall,
    and shortly after his birthday he went back up North with his Uncle.

It was then that his life truly began, he trained with the Watch and then took his vows - becoming a Ranger. He
    quickly proved his effectiveness with a blade, and it was soon needed. Just six months after taking the Black he was
    part of a large ranging that dealt with a wildling uprising, and after surviving an ambush where the leader of the
    ranging died he saw the men return safely to Castle Black. This earned recognition amongst the Senior Officers,
    and he was given command of the castle Greyguard, which is situated west of Castle Black.

Of course some grumbled about his quick advancement, and having your Uncle as the Lord Commander would've
    helped, he brushed off such remarks and constantly proved himself to be an effective Ranger, as well as commander
    of men. After the death of his Uncle, Rickard was given command of Snowgate, the Castle directly west of Castle Black.
    Here he once again proved his effectiveness at command, and often led larger rangings out beyond the wall. His blunt
    and honest manner earned him the respect of the men of the Watch, and at the age of thirty, with the death of the
    Lord Commander, he was elected as the new Lord Commander of the Nights Watch, and honour which he readily accepted.

Since then the Wall has endured a peaceful time, the Wildlings have been kept at bay and the sighting of the Others have
    reduced. However time is catching up with him, and with the dawn of Winter approaching many feel it may be his last,
    and although the feud between the Boltons and Starks has almost come to an end, many commanders with sympathies lying
    with the Boltons are starting to cause trouble. Rickard is facing interesting times, and the return of the Others is nagging
    at the back of his mind.
    Skills:
    Field Battles +3
    Siege +3
    Survival +4
    Assassinations +4
    Loyalty +2

Officers
    First Ranger
    First Ranger Woodfoot

Name: Alfred Woodfoot
    Appearance:
    Possessing the 'standard' looks of anyone hailing from Bear Island Alfred Woodfoot is neither handsome nor grotesque. He
    has brown hair which is cut short, and flicked towards the left. His most striking feature is his deep green eyes, which are
    always scanning his surroundings - rarely can any hold his full gaze. He has a lean muscular body, as one would expect
    First Ranger. Standing above most men he is a striking figure to say the least.
    Personality:
    A man which can switch from laughing to being serious almost immediately, but not in a negative way. He knows what
    is suitable in each situation, and has a knack for seeing straight through people. When sitting around the table at Castle
    Black he is the easy going-commander, meeting with other Officials he is serious, but still tells a joke or two. It is out on
    a ranging where he really comes into his own.
    History:
    After the Ironborn conquered the island Alfred, still a young boy, fled across to Westwatch, and having no family to speak
    of he was taken in by the Watch and has been there ever since. He was trained in the use of bow and sword, and then when
    taken under the Lord Commander's wing he mastered the art of the quill, joining the Stewards when he took his vows in-
    front of the Weirwood.

However, after serving a few years with the Stewards he was caught in a Wildling ambush and proved, again, his aptitude
    with sharper weapons and soon became a Ranger. proving his worth and consistency he eventually made it to Commander
    of Greyguard. When the First Ranger died the Lord Commander asked him of filling the role, which Alfred graciously accepted,
    ready to serve the Watch in anyway he could.

He became one of the youngest First Ranger's ever, and many whispered vicious rumours about him and the Lord Commander,
    however when he proved yet again he was the best man for the job, so to speak, the grumblings stopped and he earned the
    respect of his peers, leading them on several rangings since.
    Skills:
    Duels +2
    Field Battle +2
    Capture +1
    Survival +2
    Escape +1

First Builder
    First Builder Snow

Name: Edric Snow
    Appearance:
    He has a hard frozen face and broad shoulders with big hands, scared from countless times spent with the hammer. His brown
    eyes sit just above a wide, flat nose and his mop of black hair sits fully on the top of his head but is always getting in his
    eyes so he has to push it back often. He is clean shaven but when Winter sets in he usually sprouts a layer of rough stubble
    that covers his lower jaw and neck.
    Personality:
    He is a stern man, who hates disobedience from his builders, but he'll stick up for them if any Ranger looks down upon them. His
    sarcastic manner is unsettling to many, and he only seems to respect the Lord Commander. His sense of humour is almost non-existent
    and he never laughs.
    History:
    Born a bastard in the Rills growing up young Edric had little prospects. No education or training, he simply was a simple boy. And
    so his life went by, he grew up farming the fields, tending the horses, and serving the Lords - as only a bastard can. However at
    some point something inside him changed, and he left. He left for good.

He wandered up North and came to the Wall at the age of 15. The then First Builder found him lurking around Snowgate and took
    him to Castle Black, where he joined the Nights Watch. the First Builder requested him, and so his training with the sword is minimal
    but he had an eye for architecture - and soon became the best builder from Westwatch to Eastwatch, save the First Builder of
    course.

So when he died it was only naturally that Edric Snow would take his place, a fact which was soon confirmed by Lord Commander
    Stark. With the Wall going through a peaceful era the strongholds have been fortified under his ever watchful eye, ready for any
    thread that may face them. From whichever side of the Wall...
    Skills:
    Siege +3
    Fist Fighter +1

First Steward
    First Steward Gardener

Name: Gareth Gardener
    Appearance:
    Gareth Gardener posses the comely face seem to be given to all those of the Reach, but that is where the resemblances end. He
    isn't fat, more well padded - you can see a few creases around his back and joins when he sits down, and his chin is certainly a
    double. This 'padding' is an unfortunate mix of enjoying nice food, having a wealthy upbringing, and being the First Steward of the
    Watch.
    Personality:
    He gives off the appearance of a fat jolly man, and many who meet him for the first time believe just that. However, underneath is
    a man who is well versed in the dodgy politics of the Reach, and whilst he might not get his hands dirty, he has no problem dirtying
    other people's hands - of course all for the good of the Watch.. mostly. The Lord Command, although doesn't trust him and is repulsed
    by his 'sneaky dealings', knows the use of having someone like him around... for when persistant problems arise. He also has a knack
    for persuasion.
    History:
    Born a second cousin into the Royal House of the Reach, grandson of the current King Garth XII's grandaunt Berena, life for Gareth
    was set out as a low-class Knight, an annoying relative needed to be rid off - however Knighting him was just a customary, and when
    it was found out his ability lay with the quill and purse, rather then the sword and spear, the title was quietly and quickly dropped.

So it looked like a life of the chain for young Gareth, until some bright spark in the court suggested he was packed off to the Wall,
    to help 'embezzle royal funds' or that is what they said anyway. Of course it is not everyday that a royal from the Reach arrives at
    the Wall, and no matter who it is the Gardeners look after their own - and after a few exchange of coin chests Gareth was seen to
    command the castle of Long Barrow.

Surprisingly, the castle flourished administratively and it became one of the most economically viable Castles along the Wall, however
    it also attracted the largest number of Wildlings... for some reason or another. The Lord Commander, now stuck in a predicament; risk
    the safety of the Watch or offending the Gardeners. So instead he took the only option left to him, he granted Gareth the office of
    First Steward, thereby pleasing both parties.

That proved to be a good choice, and the Watch has undergo its most organised time in history, and with enemies approaching the
    darker side of First Steward Gardener may soon be needed...
    Skills:
    Income +3 (15%)
    Survival +2
    Assassinations +3
    Escape +2

At the Nightfort
    Commander
    Commander Sand

Name: Daeron Sand

At Eastwatch
    Commander
    Commander Vixen

Name: Jamie Vixen

At Shadow Tower
    Commander
    Commander Oakheart

Name: Oakheart

W.I.P

*He is of Noble Birth and 45, so I assume that is 16 skill points
    Last edited by Shankbot de Bodemloze; July 17, 2012 at 02:55 PM.
    THE WRITERS' STUDY | THE TRIBUNAL | THE CURIA | GUIDE FOR NEW MEMBERS

PROUD PATRON OF JUNAIDI83, VETERAAN & CAILLAGH
    UNDER THE PATRONAGE OF MEGA TORTAS DE BODEMLOZE

Physical appearance: Euron stands 6 feet tall with a lean muscular body. Euron is pale and handsome with black hair and a dark beard. He wears a patch over his left eye, and is nicknamed "Crow's Eye". According to his brothers the patch hides a "black eye, shining with malice", his right eye is bright blue and calle his "smiling eye".

Biography: Euron was born third son to Qhored Hoare. He was always smart, strong; well he was always good at most things. At a young age he showed great talent in sea command and was given the ship the silence (at the time crewed by normal men). He ripped the tongues of the crew out, making its name ring true. In fact he was so estimed by his father as a commander that he led many of his fatehrs ships in his wars. He was banished from Orkmont by his brother Harren for seducing and impregnating Sigfryd rock wife, which in turn forced Sigfryd to kill her. Since his banishment Euron claims to have raped and reaved all over the world, he claims to have traveled to the far north and meet the Giants and the last of the children, he claims to have traveled to Skagos and hunted unicorn, he claims he once had a pet Direwolf, he says that he traveled to the Summer Islands and single handedly took down a Swan Ship taking the ships commander (in the summer islands women can command) as a salt wife, among many other outlandish claims, though none of his claims can be verified seeing as his salt wives wouldnt disobey him and his crew isn’t in a position to talk.

Personality: He is a wildly unpredictable man, known for his delight in playing vicious mind games and waging psychological warfare on anyone around him. He is hated by all his brothers for this reason. He is a skilled warrior and manipulator, and is cunning, shrewed, and ruthless.
    Will this character be changed at all?
    "I, Pinkie Pie, declare that these treats are fit for a king, or a queen, or a princess!"
    "She's ahead of the litter all right. The pick of the litter. The cat's pajamas. Oh wait. Why would Applejack take some poor kitty's pj's? That's not very sporting of her."
    "More balloons! No, that's too many balloons. More candy! No, less candy. Ooh! I know! Streamers!"

What do you mean?

It seems an enourmous rip-off of Victarion's and Balon's brother Euron down to the last detail.
    Last edited by Pinkie Pie; July 09, 2012 at 11:09 AM.

Indeed. It is.

Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast