Page 83 of 317 FirstFirst ... 3358737475767778798081828384858687888990919293108133183 ... LastLast
Results 1,641 to 1,660 of 6321

Thread: Rome II Pictures & Videos Thread

alQamar's Avatar Citizen

Default Re: Total War: Rome II - Preview Pictures & Videos Thread

Default Re: Rome II Visuals: Picture & Video Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Holger Danske View Post
    Finally I doubt they'll give the modders much, if any, freedom to correct the game.

I really do hope I am wrong in these... predictions...
    i think you wrong about that,iv read an interview with dev team in belgian gamemag that the gonna invite the best modd teams to there studio to get familiar with the game engine. and if i dont like rome2i fal back on rome mods
    Last edited by tungri_centurion; October 10, 2012 at 01:56 PM.

Libertus

This fresh in from CA's TotalWar twitter feed

Our friends at @gamespot will be revealing exclusive never-before-seen footage of the Siege of Carthage next week. Keep your eyes peeled!

http://www.twitter.com/totalwar

=Vastator='s Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Maximus View Post
    This fresh in from CA's TotalWar twitter feed

Our friends at @gamespot will be revealing exclusive never-before-seen footage of the Siege of Carthage next week. Keep your eyes peeled!

http://www.twitter.com/totalwar
    Siege of Carthage again? It's starting to become a bit boring. I hope they'll show something new soon...

Quote Originally Posted by =Vastator= View Post
    Siege of Carthage again? It's starting to become a bit boring. I hope they'll show something new soon...
    You're told "never-before-seen" footage. Common sense would prompt that "never-before-seen" is something "new".
    By the way previous footage was like watching a few screen-shots patched together and no one really considered it a proper in-game trailer. I hope the next one will be longer than 20 seconds.

'again'? A few hundred people have seen the actual battle. As far as 99.9% of all people on Earth are concerned the siege of Carthage is still new.

And get used to it. It's what they'll more than likely be showing at all the gaming conventions up til a month or so before release.

get used to it? how about you get used to it. not me. all this talk about Carthage and Rome, I'm still eagerly waiting for them to even mention that Sparta is gonna be a faction in this new game.

HusKatten's Avatar Semisalis

Quote Originally Posted by I2ain_2_Battle View Post
    get used to it? how about you get used to it. not me. all this talk about Carthage and Rome, I'm still eagerly waiting for them to even mention that Sparta is gonna be a faction in this new game.
    They already have mentioned it
    We should be happy that CA are so Open with this game that isnt even closed to finished. They don't release screens so that the fans can remain calm, but so that we can help the game developement from an average Total War gamer perspective.

totalwar-zone's Avatar Senator

They mean the complete 10 Minutes presentation Video
    Empire Total war Symbolic

Quote Originally Posted by totalwar-zone View Post
    Not necessarily - didn't they say they would upload a "flyover" of the city, just to show it off? Although it's pretty likely they'll just show the whole battle.

Julio-Claudian's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Lockcaps View Post
    Not necessarily - didn't they say they would upload a "flyover" of the city, just to show it off? Although it's pretty likely they'll just show the whole battle.
    They said they would at the end of that little snippet... so it's bound to be.

It's currently October 2012. It's possible the game wont even be released until December 2013, and CA has stated several times they're at least a year away from launch. They're not even done making the game and you want info that CA may or may not have even completed in the game yet. (Though they have mentioned the Greek Cities will be split into several factions already, so it can be assumed Sparta will be its own faction)

Be patient. Really. The game isn't even complete yet. Carthage, Briton, Parthia - I don't particularly care what they show off so long as every now and then they give a new glimpse, but I'm not naive enough to think they're going to, or even should, show off more than they already have.

could someone please give me the link where they mentioned the greek cities will be split into several factions? i think i missed that somewhere. thanks. i dont expect them to send me screen shots or anything, just simple vague answers like. what factions will be included, and vague answers in general. like the world map will be larger and what not.

gaunty14's Avatar Vicarius

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor Domitianus View Post

Only thing I noticed, in the second picture the Carthaginian knights are mounting without any type of bridles or reins. I hope they will add them..
    As far as I'm aware (could be completely wrong though so it needs confirming) cavalry back then didn't have reins and instead used their legs to control the horse.

edit: How come when I click on the recent post link on the main forum it takes me 10 pages bac and I reply to a post made several days ago...sigh.

"will help build battle station for food" - or rep

could someone please give me the link where they mentioned the greek cities will be split into several factions? i think i missed that somewhere. thanks. i dont expect them to send me screen shots or anything, just simple vague answers like. what factions will be included, and vague answers in general. like the world map will be larger and what not.

I an interview one developer said that information but he didn't say anything about the countries he only said map will be bigger then normal RTW map, it will go bigger to further east. I dont remember the link but information is %100 correct

I noticed something quite interesting about many of these screenshots. Now this is purely speculation atm, but I have evidence to believe that the screenshots are getting "updated" with every batch. Or in other words, more stuff is added with every set. Here's what I mean.

Example 1: Elephant Riders

Look at the elephant riders in the background of this screenshot.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

No armor or anything, just some kind of white tunic. Now look at this newer screnshot, one that I think takes place in the same spot(the general is in both, so I think it's the same area of the battle)

I believe that between the time these pictures were taken, the build was updated a little.

Example 2: The General

Look at the screenshot of the general here

The general has no shield. But look at him here.

Now he has a shield, same beach area(roughly) and now he has a shield in this and several other pictures. They must have updated the build so he has a shield.

Example 3: Roman Helmets

Lastly I noticed something regarding the roman helmets. Look carefully at the helmets on the guys on the siege tower.

They had only one variation. Now look at this screenshot(I think it's the same unit)

The roman soldiers to the right have five variations with the helmet. Another thing updated since this all began.

^ Hmm, interesting inform.
    United we stand interenets! Nerdfighter.
    Warcraft Total War!
    Help Save a Wonderful mod that could
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=273449
    You guys should register for the golden Symbol of Forum Oppression http://signup.europauniversalis4.com/r/89425f5ce60

very informative post =) i agree with you they could be updated it. do we have any information regarding the content of blood in this new total war game?

Quote Originally Posted by warman222 View Post
    I noticed something quite interesting about many of these screenshots. Now this is purely speculation atm, but I have evidence to believe that the screenshots are getting "updated" with every batch. Or in other words, more stuff is added with every set.

All shields initially had the same drawing, drawings now changed, and the shields are worn differently. I also changed the general's breastplate, you can clearly see in Example 2

Quote Originally Posted by totalwar-zone View Post
    Is this confirmed? 10 minutes is a long time, it sounds interesting, please link.

Gaius Marius Maximus's Avatar Miles

Quote Originally Posted by warman222 View Post
    Example 2: The General

The general has no shield. But look at him here.

Ave

this is a general ? i thought that is only a centurion