Foederatus

Default Re: Total War: Rome II - Preview Pictures & Videos Thread

Wow, beautiful screens!

2 new screenshots (high quality)

Beautiful screenshots, thx for high quality

The germanic helmets are late ancient typs and we see again the 2nd century four edged scuta used only for the 1st COHORT or special siege units. That unhistorical.
    The battle screen is RTW I I hope - I dont like to see this 120 men fantasy units again - and not in the same wise for all nations.

H.Balck
    Last edited by AndyMoszejevsky; February 23, 2013 at 03:22 PM.

Nice screen shot.
    Wow.

Spoiler for King of Persia
    ᴀʟʟ ʜᴀɪʟ ᴛʜᴇ ᴋɪɴɢ ᴏғ ᴋɪɴɢs

Awesome screens indeed!

Quote Originally Posted by AndyMoszejevsky View Post
    The germanic helmets are late ancient typs and we see again the 2nd century four edged scuta used only for the 1st COHORT or special siege units. That unhistorical.
    The battle screen is RTW I I hope - I dont like to see this 120 men fantasy units again - and not in the same wise for all nations.

H.Balck

Is there not ONE post of yours that doesn't make me want to curse you out? NOTHING YOU EVER SAY IS CONSTRUCTIVE!! Saying that something is "fantasy" in poor English and then bombard the thread page with one of your ****** models is not criticism. All it's saying is "look at me, my stuff's better"
    It's not fantasy if the helmets were used in history, that's not correct dude. Inaccuarate, maybe, but fantasy, NO!

Also, using google translate, I'm going to post this in German so Andy here can understand it better!

Ist es nicht ein Beitrag von Ihnen, die keinen mich wollen euch verfluchen out? Nichts, was du jemals sagen ist konstruktiv! Zu sagen, dass etwas "Fantasie" in schlechtem Englisch und dann bombardieren den Faden Seite mit einem Ihrer beschissenen Modelle ist keine Kritik. Alles, was sie sagt, ist "schau mich an, mein Zeug besser"
    Es ist keine Fantasie, wenn die Helme in der Geschichte verwendet wurden, das ist nicht richtig dude. Inaccuarate vielleicht, aber Phantasie, NEIN!

Quote Originally Posted by warman222 View Post
    Is there not ONE post of yours that doesn't make me want to curse you out? NOTHING YOU EVER SAY IS CONSTRUCTIVE!! Saying that something is "fantasy" in poor English and then bombard the thread page with one of your ****** models is not criticism. All it's saying is "look at me, my stuff's better"
    It's not fantasy if the helmets were used in history, that's not correct dude. Inaccuarate, maybe, but fantasy, NO!

Also, using google translate, I'm going to post this in German so Andy here can understand it better!

Ist es nicht ein Beitrag von Ihnen, die keinen mich wollen euch verfluchen out? Nichts, was du jemals sagen ist konstruktiv! Zu sagen, dass etwas "Fantasie" in schlechtem Englisch und dann bombardieren den Faden Seite mit einem Ihrer beschissenen Modelle ist keine Kritik. Alles, was sie sagt, ist "schau mich an, mein Zeug besser"
    Es ist keine Fantasie, wenn die Helme in der Geschichte verwendet wurden, das ist nicht richtig dude. Inaccuarate vielleicht, aber Phantasie, NEIN!
    To be fair that's his signature, so he's not purposely using them as an example of the 'proper' helmets (I think).

That said, to call them 'fantasy' was a bit of an exaggeration.
    Get to the trireme!

Quote Originally Posted by Krieglord View Post
    I made it prettier

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Indeed you did!

TheTank's Avatar Tiro

Wow nice screenshots!,
    I think those Germanic warriors with helmets (and some with mail) are the "Sword masters" mentioned in the PC Gamer UK March edition.
    Those helmets look good to me, those bronze helmets with the banded reinforcements resemble a Celtic helmet dated from the 1 century BC which is displayed in Zurich (Switzerland) another helmet type are crossbanded helmets which are probably based on probable Germanic auxilia depicted on Trajans column.
    Another helmet is it seems a typical Celtic Coolus helmet.
    Helmets are extremely rare in a "Germanic context" during the Pre Roman iron age period but some elite's wearing looted or Traded Helmets from the Celts is not unlikely.
    I love those shields they are really nicely done, regarding the axe armed warriors.
    Those axes are far to heavy, Germanic war-axes had a long shaft (+/- 75 CM) but a very small axe head.
    To crack skulls you don't need a very heavy wood working axe..
    Real Germanic war axes appeared only at the end of the PreRoman period (and are very rare) more primitive socketed axes would be accurate for these warriors but there isn't much evidence that they were used for warfare by the Germanics in Rome 2 time period.

I am not a great fan of the La-Tene swords depicted in the screenshots, don't resemble much the La Tene swords found in Pre Roman Iron age Germania.

In all they still look great.
    Looking forward to play the Suebians and the Romans as well!

Pope Gregorius I's Avatar Ducenarius

Quote Originally Posted by Rogu3granny View Post
    Not to sure but i think this might be a new screen

yeah thatsa screen, epic of course, thanks for sharing, from Old School Rome
    "Have mercy on me, O God, according to Thy great compassion. Your delight is not in horses, nor Your pleasure in warriors strength..."

Primicerius

I thought Romans didn't have proper saddles at this time? Usually they just had horse blankets or furs.

Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by Degearus View Post
    2 new screenshots (high quality)

I thnk the top pic looks like two differenct German units considering TW doesn't use mixed weapons and the axemen are also using different shields than the swordsmen. Both pics are epic.

General Maximus's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

Quote Originally Posted by Dan113112 View Post
    I thnk the top pic looks like two differenct German units considering TW doesn't use mixed weapons and the axemen are also using different shields than the swordsmen. Both pics are epic.
    TW games have been featuring different weapons in the same unit since Medieval II, but those weapons were very similar in function (some men have knives, some have small mallets; some use javelins while others used short-spears etc.). This is the first time there are proper differentiation in weapons.
    सार्वभौम सम्राट चत्रवर्ती - भारतवर्ष
    स्वर्गपुत्र पीतसम्राट - चीन
    महाराजानाभ्याम महाराजा - पारसिक

Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by General Maximus View Post
    TW games have been featuring different weapons in the same unit since Medieval II, but those weapons were very similar in function (some men have knives, some have small mallets; some use javelins while others used short-spears etc.). This is the first time there are proper differentiation in weapons.
    Not that I've seen. Some archer units in M2TW have knives and some have mallets. But they are in different untis. And Jack Lusted has already stated that they're won't be mixed weapons.

Not that I've seen. Some archer units in M2TW have knives and some have mallets. But they are in different untis. And Jack Lusted has already stated that they're won't be mixed weapons.
    I thought Jack meant that with swords and spears, not with two kinds of one hand weapons. I could be wrong though

Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by warman222 View Post
    I thought Jack meant that with swords and spears, not with two kinds of one hand weapons. I could be wrong though
    It also looks like they're two different units because of their equipment. The Swordsmen are clearly more wealthy than the axemen.

It also looks like they're two different units because of their equipment. The Swordsmen are clearly more wealthy than the axemen.
    Could be different, or perhaps, a mix of both.

Heathen Storm's Avatar Where's my axe?

Dan is correct. The top pic has two seperate units. You can see more of the unarmored units in the background. Regardless, wonderful pics. LOVE the shield wall formation!

Proud mod leader, modeller and public relations officer of Heiğinn Veğr: Total War

I think they should make it so as well as fighting Carthage you also have a barbarian threat