Thread: Rome II Pictures & Videos Thread

alQamar's Avatar Citizen

impressive thread sorry I could not resist to make a meme of this epic screenshot Will
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...1#post13386672

Quote Originally Posted by LuciferHawk View Post
    Just updated my rig a little today and can now run it like this without a problem (and thats just a random pic )
    It is obvious you use GEM mod or any other injector. THIS is not native ingame graphics mate.
    Last edited by Daily; November 11, 2013 at 10:03 AM.
    NEW: Total War Saga: Britannia benchmark thread - last update: 10.05.2018
    HOW-TO-step-up-from-MBR-CSM-LEGACY-BOOT-to-UEFI-GPT
    Many of my past contributions in the time from 2011-2017 will contain content that now show broken links. Unfortunately I had to delete all pictures linked on TWC that were hosted on imageshack.us. Read why
    If you are missing anything of interest, please let me know. Sorry for any inconvinience caused.

The Roman Republic's Avatar Alea iacta est
    Citizen Content Emeritus

Default Re: Total War: Rome II - Pictures & Videos Thread

Quote Originally Posted by MANU56BZH View Post
    O...........M..........G !!!!!!
    What is your mods and what is your PC specs please ???
    THIS IS A REAL ANTIC BATTLE like we must be have on Rome II.
    the mod is in the steam workshop

Quote Originally Posted by MANU56BZH View Post
    O...........M..........G !!!!!!
    What is your mods and what is your PC specs please ???
    THIS IS A REAL ANTIC BATTLE like we must be have on Rome II.
    There's like 200,000+ men on that screen.

Thank you DotRR. what is his name please ?
    At ferres, for sure, but the historicaly manipulae is false for roman, it's 161/Manipulae anyway it's an amazing sreenshot..
    Last edited by MANU56BZH; November 09, 2013 at 12:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dictator Of The Roman Republic View Post
    the mod is in the steam workshop
    Which one?
    The real question is, do you really get to control 300 units?

ToonTotalWar's Avatar Indefinitely Banned

Default Re: Brand New Nomads VS Rome Panoramic Screenshot

Quote Originally Posted by LuciferHawk View Post
    Just updated my rig a little today and can now run it like this without a problem (and thats just a random pic )
    Now that's what I call a panaromic screenshot! +reps

The answers is: I m ready to control 80 or 160 units or a bit more yes. 160 x 161 soldiers = 25 760 soldiers, my PC can accept this configuration.

Dont forget than in history battles the reserve corps or reserve army is for "RESERVE" and some time never fight into battle.
    Only very very bad general send all army troop in same time on same point at same moment on the battle field. Cannae battle vs hannibal and some zoulous battles (The zoulou battle systeme for outnumber the ennemy) is the exception. I forget the second exception: the crapy IA who play 80% of time like a spychopat kid brain, but anayway i love massive battle.

So is it a mod or a multiplayer work screenshot ?
    Last edited by MANU56BZH; November 09, 2013 at 05:09 PM.

Ganossa's Avatar 최정장군

The iberian coast

"skyline" of carthage

The roman eagle

TuCoT's Avatar Biarchus

Now Briton shield patterns are HD (created from stratch and 2x resolution) and has both colored and alpha variations (this means shield colors still depends on faction/unit color scheme but now with fixed colors such as red, dark blue, light blue, orange, green, brown, yellow (except deal shield, it has some issues with fixed colors so it only uses hd 2x res. alpha patterns)).

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Also I'm planning to add some completely new patterns but for now, I'm refining the existing materials. At least we don't have vanilla blurry-blocky shield patterns now. Next one will be Celtic patterns.
    Last edited by TuCoT; November 10, 2013 at 06:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TuCoT View Post
    Now Briton shield patterns are HD (created from stratch and 2x resolution) and has both colored and alpha variations (this means shield colors still depends on faction/unit color scheme but now with fixed colors such as red, dark blue, light blue, orange, green, brown, yellow (except deal shield, it has some issues with fixed colors so it only uses hd 2x res. alpha patterns)).

Also I'm planning to add some completely new patterns but for now, I'm refining the existing materials. At least we don't have vanilla blurry-blocky shield patterns now. Next one will be Celtic patterns.
    Is this for the mod linked in your sig? I am very interested in it but the links to download it are all gone. Your screenshots are amazing the unit skins make me drool

Archimonday's Avatar Senator

Battle in the streets of Velathri

Default Terror of the battlefield - The cost of your empire

Good day my fellow armchair generals! If you're reading this, you're probably taking a deserved short vacation from your conquest oriented job in the ancient world. Controlling legions, large armies, ordering thousands of men to fight for your honor, seeing results from battles as simple numbers, it is quite easy to forget what the little soldier has to go through so that you can have the world. Many times, I have celebrated my men, those who survive, kill, and becomes veterans in my finest armies. But what of those who dies? Too often they are simply forgotte,. even though they paid the highest price of all.

Probably every day machinimas are made showing heroic men doing heroic deeds, a bunch of spartans fighting off endless hordes of peasants, or a veteran cohort saving the day, when all seemed lost. Today however, I present to you a new view of the wars, not focusing on the heroic few, but the many men who fell brave in battle. The men who walked through bodies and blood, who fought, and who fell the pain of the enemy sword.

In this cinematic I've tried to show off, as best as my skills allow, the terror of the battlefield, the desperate struggle for survival, and the inhumane killing og fellow men.

Beware, if you're around children, please use your headphones, the content of this film (especially the soundtrack) WILL be offensive to some audiences.

Besides of that, enjoy the show

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nXxlJ...rq4aKLweKrSOyQ
    Last edited by Stoferr; November 10, 2013 at 04:40 PM.

Legio's Avatar EMPRESS OF ALL THINGS
    Content Emeritus

Merged video threads.

GussieFinkNottle's Avatar Domesticus

Default Re: Terror of the battlefield - The cost of your empire

Quote Originally Posted by Stoferr View Post
    Good day my fellow armchair generals! If you're reading this, you're probably taking a deserved short vacation from your conquest oriented job in the ancient world. Controlling legions, large armies, ordering thousands of men to fight for your honor, seeing results from battles as simple numbers, it is quite easy to forget what the little soldier has to go through so that you can have the world. Many times, I have celebrated my men, those who survive, kill, and becomes veterans in my finest armies. But what of those who dies? Too often they are simply forgotte,. even though they paid the highest price of all.

Probably every day machinimas are made showing heroic men doing heroic deeds, a bunch of spartans fighting off endless hordes of peasants, or a veteran cohort saving the day, when all seemed lost. Today however, I present to you a new view of the wars, not focusing on the heroic few, but the many men who fell brave in battle. The men who walked through bodies and blood, who fought, and who fell the pain of the enemy sword.

In this cinematic I've tried to show off, as best as my skills allow, the terror of the battlefield, the desperate struggle for survival, and the inhumane killing og fellow men.

Beware, if you're around children, please use your headphones, the content of this film (especially the soundtrack) WILL be offensive to some audiences.

Besides of that, enjoy the show

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nXxlJ...rq4aKLweKrSOyQ
    How did you prevent the blood on the ground from disappearing? On my computer it only lasts 10 secs or so despite being on extreme settings, video memory unlimited
    And does anyone know a mod that keeps the blood but tones it down a bit? I don't like the 'soaked in blood' current effect, it looks a bit over-the-top
    A home without books is a body without soul - Marcus Tullius Cicero

If you rep me, please leave your name. Thx

Lionheart11's Avatar Senator

Icon11 Re: Brand New Nomads VS Rome Panoramic Screenshot

So i go to having a go again after 6 weeks off through disgust , had to play this battle because numbers were way against me.

Started out well because iv'e never seen Ai move ladders before, but then the retards start heading for the hills and get stuck.

They get unstuck because i sacrifice one unit to try get the Ai scripting unstuck and now they head for the nearest arrow tower to get burned down.

Meanwhile the last unit does some break dancing on top of the ladder, then climbs back down after ages and does sweet FA

So after all this the Ai turns into "lets burn the steel gates down and charge in like mongies", they do that and my one unit of pikes kills all 1500 men.

All i can say is thank god for retarded Ai programming and bravo CA
    Last edited by Lionheart11; November 10, 2013 at 08:55 PM.
    "illegitimi non carborundum"

TW RIP

one day's Avatar Semisalis

A small suprise for me in my last campaign. This is theme for next panoramic screenshots. After 6 patches there is still only beta-version. When can we expect a real TW Rome 2 ?

Quote Originally Posted by one day View Post
    A small suprise for me in my last campaign. This is theme for next panoramic screenshots. After 6 patches there is still only beta-version. When can we expect a real TW Rome 2 ?
    Woow you can hide some units there!! i want to see it in the next panoramic comercial

Its the tower of the local wizzard
    Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time

Indefinitely Banned

Looks like minecraft

=Vastator='s Avatar Senator

Flying houses. I had them too!
    Surely people that are inside those houses have a good panoramic view.

Disclaimer: the post above is way way prealpha, the final version will be way better than this.