Thread: Rome II Pictures & Videos Thread

mentecato's Avatar Civis

Default Re: Total War: Rome II - Pictures & Videos Thread

western Mediterranean in campaign map:

Elba island...

Lefkada (and Eubea in the big map) peninsulas ¿?

Ugly Sicilia in this map

mentecato's Avatar Civis

Carthage:

and Hispania:

General Maximus's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

By Kaiser, awesome pics!

This is the video:

सार्वभौम सम्राट चत्रवर्ती - भारतवर्ष
    स्वर्गपुत्र पीतसम्राट - चीन
    महाराजानाभ्याम महाराजा - पारसिक

Who is this Trisha from Ca? I wonder what her job title is? Wish she`d stop saying "cool" all the time.

Julio-Claudian's Avatar Senator

This all looks great

I do hope the AI has more full stacks in the game. Everybody seems to have 4 unit armies at the most.

Quote Originally Posted by mentecato View Post
    Carthage:

and Hispania:

Thx for the pics. They demonstrates the high quality of RTW2. No mod on RTW can be equal to this. The only weird thing is the presence of only 2 cities on Sicily.

Am I the only one who sees a city named "Arse"?! WOW.

Jokern's Avatar Mowbray of Nottingham

I find it weird that Carthage doesn't own Carthage (the region) according to the minimap.

Darned butt ugly coastlines. Yes, that is Rome II.

Playing Roma Surrectum II currently, and I find that even RS2 maps has FAR, FAR better and smooth coastlines instead of this map. CA here just made blocky, ugly and blocky coastlines full of stupid unwanted cliffs.

I mean, just take a look at the coastlines. Baleares are the ugliest I have ever seen on the map. The coastlines too are the ugliest I have ever seen in a map (except Darthmod Rome's map, it was even uglier).

The rest of terrain is great. But the coastlines are crap beyond reason, especially coming from a developer that is supposed to have been developing quality maps since TW series started.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Its exactly the kind of marketing that definitively convinced me to no buy RomeII at the release...this, moreover the modern anglo-saxon looking Marcus Antonius, moreover the war dogs, and a bunch of other WTF stuff

@Creative Assembly, you're getting more and more Hollywood packagers...or whatever this kind of recycling can be called, you perfectly known then mental-deficient peoples having liked "300" for its "historic" background will be like hypnotised by this stupid marketing picture...
    I have seen in few other marketing pictures discret allusion to "300"; but there, its exceeds the apprehension I had about your new game.
    shame on you, shame on you

Quote Originally Posted by General Maximus View Post

Playing Roma Surrectum II currently, and I find that even RS2 maps has FAR, FAR better and smooth coastlines instead of this map. CA here just made blocky, ugly and blocky coastlines full of stupid unwanted cliffs.

I mean, just take a look at the coastlines. Baleares are the ugliest I have ever seen on the map. The coastlines too are the ugliest I have ever seen in a map (except Darthmod Rome's map, it was even uglier).

The rest of terrain is great. But the coastlines are crap beyond reason, especially coming from a developer that is supposed to have been developing quality maps since TW series started.
    you care this much about coastlines? sheesh

Julio-Claudian's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by VINC.XXIII View Post

Its exactly the kind of marketing that definitively convinced me to no buy RomeII at the release...this, moreover the modern anglo-saxon looking Marcus Antonius, moreover the war dogs, and a bunch of other WTF stuff

@Creative Assembly, you're getting more and more Hollywood packagers...or whatever this kind of recycling can be called, you perfectly known then mental-deficient peoples having liked "300" for its "historic" background will be like hypnotised by this stupid marketing picture...
    I have seen in few other marketing pictures discret allusion to "300"; but there, its exceeds the apprehension I had about your new game.
    Lol

StarDreamer's Avatar Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by General Maximus View Post

The coastlines are like that, so that you on a glance can see if you can land there or not... I know it might not be beautiful, but it is practical.
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." -Albert Einstein
    https://www.politicalcompass.org/ana...2.38&soc=-3.44 <-- "Dangerous far right bigot!" -SJWs

Quote Originally Posted by StarDreamer View Post
    The coastlines are like that, so that you on a glance can see if you can land there or not... I know it might not be beautiful, but it is practical.
    Shogun II had superb coastlines. It was more practical than this.

This map just denotes poor quality work, or laziness. They did excellent job with Shogun II map, which was nearly as detailed as this one. But it was superbly crafted and coastlines were absolutely realistic, not one bit blocky. Why could they not do the same quality in this game as well?

Quote Originally Posted by Julio-Claudian View Post
    This all looks great

I do hope the AI has more full stacks in the game. Everybody seems to have 4 unit armies at the most.

Yes agree!!! I have your fear! In viedo we can see a lot of armies...but with 5-6 units inside!

Before I post any of this all credit is due to Rivalmass from the official forums. ENJOY !

[CONTENTBOX][/CONTENTBOX]

Troll Face

Intel i5 3570K (4.2Ghz @ 1.215v); ASUS Z87 Gryphon; 8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro; GTX 780; Corsair AX760i; Noctua NH-U12S; Samsung 840 Pro 256GB; WD Black 1TB; Windows 7

1 freaking month... when lord when your servent play this game loll

Quote Originally Posted by Julio-Claudian View Post
    This all looks great

True. It all looks a bit strange. Also in the diplomacy panel that neither Dom nor the Macedons have made new allies.

Seems to be not much happening both in diplomacy and warfare. I would really like to know which difficulty he is playing

Quote Originally Posted by VINC.XXIII View Post

This is the kind of post I can't stand. It's one thing to say you don't like something and that it's not historically accurate. But calling people who like 300 "mentally deficient" and saying "shame on you" because they put in war dogs is shameful in itself.

This is strange! There is a lot of differences between number of soldiers per regiment:
    -> "Mob" archers: 270 mens
    -> "Libyan javelinmen": 75 men.
    why only 75 men in a javelimen regiment? this is useless!!!