Thread: Rome II Pictures & Videos Thread

Kinjo's Avatar Taiko

Default Re: Total War: Rome II - Preview Pictures & Videos Thread

New screenshots look great and the music sounds awesome so far. Only if ambushes were like this on the campaign map, make it happen CA!

Darth_Revan's Avatar Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by Kinjo View Post
    New screenshots look great and the music sounds awesome so far. Only if ambushes were like this on the campaign map, make it happen CA!
    It would be freakin' awesome if you set you're units to hide in the forest and instead of staying in formation they hid behind trees an stuff! I hope that screen of the Germanic soldiers behind the trees weren't taken from a cut scene.

I like the realism of the forest on this picture, with sunlight through the mist... I hope it will be similary in the game... And that we will have the feeling of moisture, fog, grass, lot of ferns realistic, wood and fallen trees etc
    RTW 1 fan - betrayed, disillusioned, disgusted with Rome 2.
    My thematic camping project on autonomy ==> http://www.camping-la-ressource.fr/

For those interested : You can now buy the March issue of PCgamer UK for about 2$ on the appstore (ipad/iphone). Lots of nice pictures there.

Quote Originally Posted by Lockcaps View Post
    For those interested : You can now buy the March issue of PCgamer UK for about 2$ on the appstore (ipad/iphone). Lots of nice pictures there.
    And you can download it immediatly ? now, not in march ? How many news picts ? they are little no ?

Quote Originally Posted by super_newbie_pro View Post
    And you can download it immediatly ? now, not in march ? How many news picts ? they are little no ?
    Yes you can download it now. There are 5 pics not including the one on the cover.
    Last edited by Lockcaps; February 14, 2013 at 10:08 AM.

CanOmer's Avatar Centenarius

Arminius Poster, big one:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    My Submods For Europa Barbarorum II Clean Campaign Mini Map for EB 2.3 ;

Libertus

Rome II HQ (A german site) has 7 new screenshots on their site.

two are the ones from Rally Point. The other 5 are the same as used in the PC gamer magazine.

http://www.totalwar-rome-2.de/7-neue...r-rome-ii-276/

It sure looks dazzling but after the visual wonder that is Shogun 2 I can't say I'm surprised.

No idea what is happening here. Has a germanic warrior nicked a Signifer's kit?
    'When people stop believing in God, they don’t believe in nothing — they believe in anything. '

-Emile Cammaerts' book The Laughing Prophets (1937)

Under the patronage of Nihil. So there.

Here you have the 7 pics L.Maximus posted.

How funny is it to see roman soldiers with shaved legs?, so sexy, so smooth, so delicate . Just kidding, I don't pretend to see hair on those legs, hardware already has enought to manage.
    Last edited by Sir Sesshaku; February 14, 2013 at 05:07 PM.

He's not Arminius in fact he can't be the one. He holds a Celtic sword, decorated with a Celtic torque and wears a Celtic armor. Imo he's a Icenii chieftain or elite warrior.

These screens are awesome. Just a copple of things disturbing me, that's why I post. First, the squid ink is back now on lorica segmentata armors... Some lorica seems too much rusty IMO : legionaries were supposed to make them shiny and clean (I mean they would be dirty and stuff after a long march or a battle, but not rusty in the long term like that.

Second thing I was wondering is the absence of blond guys in the German ranks... Seriously, not a single blond guy in an entire ancient German tribe ?!! Even today it's almost 50% of blond people in some regions of Germany or in Scandinavia. Brown hairs should be an exception. It was already the case in Empire or Napoleon, Swedes etc. did get the same generic faces than the other factions. But well it was generic, so why not. But here, they are making details in hair cuts for each factions, so Y NO BLOND GUYS ??

Is it just me or does the signum look weird?

Anyway I'm glad to finally see the segmentata.

(I have a feeling that we could see a "Battle of the Teutoburg Forest" gameplay very soon...)
    Last edited by Gaius Mucius Scaevola; February 14, 2013 at 05:48 PM.

Påsan's Avatar Hva i helvete?
    Citizen

One of the things that really impressed me with Rome 1 back then was that the units would ready themselves and lower their spears as an enemy approached.

It would not be a long jump to having soldiers sheathe their swords while marching and having them ready their swords as an enemy got within a certain distance. It would be both authentic and cool.

Secondly, I'm wondering about the scutums (shields) in the cohorts. How will they be able to make an effective Testudo when some of the shields are not the same shape or even square?
    Last edited by Påsan; February 14, 2013 at 05:57 PM.

Eofor's Avatar Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Påsan View Post
    Secondly, I'm wondering about the scutums (shields) in the cohorts. How will they be able to make an effective Testudo when some of the shields are not the same shape or even square?
    The testudo formation was copied from or at least used by Celtic peoples, who didn't seem to have any problems using it with the types of shields they used.

Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by Concillius View Post
    The testudo formation was copied from or at least used by Celtic peoples, who didn't seem to have any problems using it with the types of shields they used.
    Correct. Roman Scutums were rounded for the longest time and they managed.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Sesshaku View Post
    Here you have the 7 pics L.Maximus posted.

How funny is it to see roman soldiers with shaved legs?, so sexy, so smooth, so delicate . Just kidding, I don't pretend to see hair on those legs, hardware already has enought to manage.
    Very very good but... but... that lack of ground vegetation ! Devs of Roma Surrectum II are called to correct that please... Devs of Roma Surrectum II are called to the dock number 2 to correct that I have a little bad's word because representation of the teutoburg's forest is excellent although I would have liked a few trees less rights, more trees twisted, trees leanings and trees down on the ground as in a real forest for more realism. However, I hope that in other country, the representation of the thick vegetation will be current with lots of ferns, shrubs, grass and brambles, to the point of not seeing the soil texture, as in the mod Roma Surrectum II

For info, here a very good French-German TV (ARTE) about the battle of teutorburg (in french here) ==> http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xde...l#.UR3NZaW_XvE

The full vidéo :
    http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xde...l#.UR3MM6W_XvE
    http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xde...l#.UR3MqqW_XvE
    http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xde...l#.UR3Mu6W_XvE
    http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xde...l#.UR3My6W_XvE
    http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xde...l#.UR3M2KW_XvE
    Last edited by super_newbie_pro; February 15, 2013 at 12:08 AM.

It will be great to revenge this coward ambush with 10, 100, 1000 Idistavisus