Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Please no poxy pre order DLC incentives

emotion_name's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Icon10 Please no poxy pre order DLC incentives

Someone has to say it, so i will!

Dont wanna bring down the euphoria or anything, but it was the issue that eventually drove me away from TW series.

Please CA, you know how high esteem RTW is held in, please dont mess about with its sequel by using lame pre order incentives, then sell them on at a later date for more £££.

Hattori was ok, Ikko Ikki was the right idea, but the Obama, Tsu, Sogo thingy for FotS was shambolic and cannot be allowed to taint TWR2!

wolfbane751's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Re: Please no poxy pre order DLC incentives

they will likely release pre order clans

Yeah, a limited edition type thing like the Hattori was ok! The splitting into 3 and selling them on for absurd price later on wasnt!

The Useless Member's Avatar Primicerius

Agreed.

Dominici's Avatar Libertus

I want all fractions in game when I get it. Some new units would be nice for preorders and dlcs. But for preoders I want a map of the game with settlements on it so amazons rebels can't hide for 10 years unfound.
    A review of Rome II: II < I

I agree that they should keep the pre order DLC to the minimum, it is something i see way too much nowadays and quite frankly only achieves decreasing my opinion of the company.

Agree 100%. Those DLC pre order bonusses must stop. Not only prevents it from taking the full experience (all factions), it's also shameless cow milking for a few extra euro's.

Sir Furlong's Avatar Ordinarius

I don't think this can be overstated, the crap they pulled with FOTS left me with a very bad taste in my mouth, and I felt like they really treated us like crap for it. Respect your consumers please! We'll buy your content if you do!

MathiasOfAthens's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris

Only thing I am worried about is if they release factions as DLCs would this mean modders will be unable to add factions themselves? Either because its beyond their skills or for legal reasons? So for example. One DLC releases several Gallic tribes in a Gaul DLC. Would this mean Modders cannot create and add similar tribes themselves?

I mean for one I agree with CAs right to release these factions in DLCs but at the same time we have grown use to being able to create factions ourselves and include them in mods. And then theres always what if they dont release the factions you want? Will you be able to find these factions in mods or ?

Bacon!'s Avatar Decanus

not a fan of preorder incentives and i didnt like them in FOTS, so yeh agreed
    Soylent Green is people!!!

I'm not into faction DLCs or pre orders, but if a multiplayer items or armor sets? I'm TOTALLY fine with that, as long if those items actually meant something.

Make a reality check, people. It's 99% sure they will follow similar marketing strategy with RTWII unless it actually didn't bring enough money with Shogun II. It's standard in the indsutry nowadays and it's probably SEGA not CA decision to do all this pre-order DLC crap...

I bet the blood will be DLC

Karnil Vark Khaitan's Avatar Praepositus

Quote Originally Posted by emotion_name View Post
    Yeah, a limited edition type thing like the Hattori was ok! The splitting into 3 and selling them on for absurd price later on wasnt!
    +1
    but yeah going to preorder it no matter what! (maybe)
    but all 4 clans was just boring like hell.

Im the Knight in Sour Armor http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.ph...ghtInSourArmor
    Rainbow Darling rainbows Darling. Darling Rainbows!!!!!
    but on the same time modder with my first mod for Rome 2!http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=286218945
    Hey Sparkle Sparkle Sparkle!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LDULtV9U2kA
    Quote Originally Posted by riskymonk View Post
    yea but mods are created by fans of the series. Games are created by university students who might not necessarily know or play the games/series they're working on

As i said, and as the thread title suggests - just dont do Poxy DLC!

S2TW Limited Edition gave you online Exp, Armour Set, Retainers, exclusive Historical Battle, exclusive Hattori clan and then later on they released this all as a DLC pack!

FotS was not the right way to do it, the splitting of factions and selling at silly price.

I dont expect, as you suggest because of business models and current economy, them not to do any Pre-Order incentive, i just expect it to be of better quality than FotS gave the consumer.

King Gambrinus's Avatar Primicerius

Oh no! Don't encourage CA and their limited edition BS. You may be hard core fans but I'm pretty sure some casual gamers found the fact that some people who pre-ordered or paid more getting a faction whose units can hide anywhere scandalous.

Just go back to vanilla + expansions, and don't mix them in MP (RotS provides a huge advantage)...
    Fear not, crusader, Prester John will save you from the wrath of the Devil.

Huberto's Avatar Praepositus

Think about it. If the marketing slogan is "how far will you go for Rome?" expect the worst in DLC, pre-order "exclusives" etc.

Lord Baal's Avatar Praefectus

No, a pre order, physical version that comes with a soldier statue, a helmet or something along those lines is ok. But that's about it. NO "I have this faction and you wont" thing. It's absurd.
    PROUD TO BE A PESANT. And for the dimwitted, I know how to spell peasant. <== This blue things are links, you click them and magical things (like not ending up like a fool) happens.
    Visit my utterly wall of doom here.
    Do you wanna play SS 6.4 and take your time while at it? Play with my 12 turns per year here.
    Y también quieres jugar Stainless Steel 100% en español? Mira por aca.

Double A's Avatar person man

Quote Originally Posted by raggnarok View Post
    Make a reality check, people. It's 99% sure they will follow similar marketing strategy with RTWII unless it actually didn't bring enough money with Shogun II. It's standard in the indsutry nowadays and it's probably SEGA not CA decision to do all this pre-order DLC crap...
    That would make more sense if TW was a standard series.
    Jon had taken Donal and Benjen’s advice to heart: Sam may be fat and pathetic, but he is still a member of the watch, and one of the few black brothers who isn't a rapist or thief. (out of context, this sounds ridiculously racist)
    super awesome music thing | political profile
    GSTK member - Join today! (We're restarting. Again.)

Adreno's Avatar Senator

id rather see something else than factions be pre-order additional content.. rather see a soundtrack or maybe some cool posters if you buy the physical copy

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast