View Poll Results: what kind of MP modes would you prefer in TW:R2 (feel free to choose multiple stuff)

Voters
289. You may not vote on this poll
  • classical mode PvP Team vs Team, Free for all (Rome 1 like), perhaps with less or no unit skilling and retainers

137 47.40%
  • Avatar mode as known, matchmade battles

72 24.91%
  • something new (evolved)

101 34.95%
  • a working bug free MP campaign for 2 players

109 37.72%
  • a working bug free MP campaign for 4 players

167 57.79%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 5 of 35 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141530 ... LastLast

Thread: ROME II - Official Multiplayer discussion.

Default Re: ROME II - Official Multiplayer discussion.

Whats the best unit to puch through a choke point? I've read that legionaiires arent going to be able to destroy a phalanx head on so whats the solution? I think this needs to be addressed because we need a unit that can break through and allow other units to actually fight instead of getting killed before being able to fight back.

JackDionne's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by thomascreel View Post
    Whats the best unit to puch through a choke point? I've read that legionaiires arent going to be able to destroy a phalanx head on so whats the solution? I think this needs to be addressed because we need a unit that can break through and allow other units to actually fight instead of getting killed before being able to fight back.
    One of the main reason the Romans could beat a phalanx was because of their flexibility and initiative of Centurions (commanders) during combat and such manoeuvring to outflank to attack from side or rear. The phalanx basically had one movement to move straight ahead. That is how you beat a phalanx.
    3K needs to have an Avatar Campaign!!!

I really hope that if retainers are still going to be a feature, then please, please for gods sake, do not make them random drops. That, more than anything else has upset any hope of a level playing field in Shogun 2. I'm still waiting for the godsdamn blade master and world weary. And these days the only people playing s2tw MP are people with those bleeding retainers.....

I want cav limit in multiplayer battles. Top rank players are stupid cav spammers. And units from dlc (but its ok if there not gonna do dlc ) should be more balanced. Horse gunners (sengoku jidaj dlc?) with 125 range and upgreaded speed are so hard unit to counter.
    And matchmaking system in s2/fots is very bad. Why 5 bronze star player must play with 10 gold star player? Do system like blizzard in sc2.

Quote Originally Posted by sobchack View Post
    multiplayer campaign with more than two players is a must for me
    How about a WORKING and STABLE multiplayer campaign?

Quote Originally Posted by Nowyy View Post
    I want cav limit in multiplayer battles. Top rank players are stupid cav spammers.
    Best way to make it realistic would be to increase the cost as is already done, perhaps a little tweaking on price would be enough to address it.

Quote Originally Posted by JackDionne View Post
    I asked for a sticky just for the Avatar Campaign/classic battles but no response.
    Wich is, to be honest kind of obvious. first, the avatar campaign issnt eaven announced yet. Also, there are almost no posts in this one and its still a year before rome will launch.

I guess more details at the GamesCom. I will be there and search for it

Lуra's Avatar Praeses

Quote Originally Posted by Diglytron View Post
    Wich is, to be honest kind of obvious. first, the avatar campaign issnt eaven announced yet. Also, there are almost no posts in this one and its still a year before rome will launch.

I guess more details at the GamesCom. I will be there and search for it
    You just get ready to get your butt whooped, Diglz... once I get the game...

~Lyra

The Dread Pirate Roberts IV

So someone get me up to date, currently the latest version of MP allows for 2 or 4 players in campaign mode?

Quote Originally Posted by Armatus View Post
    Best way to make it realistic would be to increase the cost as is already done, perhaps a little tweaking on price would be enough to address it.
    In multiplayer balance is more important. Then realism.

Lуra's Avatar Praeses

The units should be accurate, the stats then can be played with as to offer best balance.

~Lyra

The Dread Pirate Roberts IV

In multiplayer balance is more important. Then realism.

Ok how about this then, we'll replace the current format with a single faction with a preset arrangement of troops i.e. spears, cav, inf, missile this way no one will ever be surprised all the units will have the same states, the armies will even look the same, and to make it even less confusing we can paint one side blue and the other side red (which will be the only difference).

There's your balance.

But if that's not enough we could just auto resolve the battle not even having to use our mental power to win, just simply rely on the computer to calculate what happens and the battle is fought fair and square.

Now everyone has a chance to win, if the luck of the computer decides it

Awesome solution eh?

Basically I just want coop if the AI is good enough and the army large enough.
    Coop is a lot of fun on a lot of RTS games and is in fact a silent second and sometimes number one method of multiplayer in these games.

Sail your ship as part of a fleet. Devs previously worked on: Darthmod, World of Warplanes, World of Tanks, RaceRoom, IL2-Sturmovik, Metro, STALKER and many other great games..

Co-op was there in RTW, they should have brought it back.

I just want to play a fluid, solid and non bugged online campaign with at least 4 players. Kind of like Civilization, that somehow feels more fluid than Shogun 2 1vs1 campaign.

But i hope that "really big thing" is something so awesome that we can't even think of it possible. Doubt about that though.

I'd take 4 players, but honestly after playing a hotseat with a dozen or so people I'll keep the dream alive.

Quote Originally Posted by Armatus View Post
    Ok how about this then, we'll replace the current format with a single faction with a preset arrangement of troops i.e. spears, cav, inf, missile this way no one will ever be surprised all the units will have the same states, the armies will even look the same, and to make it even less confusing we can paint one side blue and the other side red (which will be the only difference).

There's your balance.
    That's the easy way for leazy game studio ;] You know what I mean. It's possible to give one faction some advances for some weaks aspects. I don't want to get what you say.
    For example good balance is in starcraft (yeah only 3 factions but very different).
    Eh my skill in english language dosen't allow me to say everything what I think

That's the easy way for leazy game studio ;] You know what I mean. It's possible to give one faction some advances for some weaks aspects. I don't want to get what you say.
    For example good balance is in starcraft (yeah only 3 factions but very different).
    Eh my skill in english language dosen't allow me to say everything what I think
    I was totally being sarcastic, I know what you mean and you know what I mean.

So what is the solution beyond raising the cost of cav?

I just want to be able to play multiplayer with my buddy and when one of our armies goes up against an AI. It's whoever VS. the AI. Not auto resolve, that's boring. Not human takes control of AI, because he isn't as skilled. (Not saying I'm an expert or anything)

Just let the other one spectate or something. I could watch his battles all day. I am sore from buying two copies of Empire and Napoleon for multiplayer with him but be let down because it is either auto resolve or human-v-human which causes us to quit.

Don't get me wrong, playing singleplayer is fun for so long.. but I personally believe any game is better with a friend.

Are you talking about being a spectator in a campaign that you are playing in or just being a spectator, because I don't think the first one would work without some special circumstances. I could have swore the spectator thing was in RTW, it should be brought back.