View Poll Results: what kind of MP modes would you prefer in TW:R2 (feel free to choose multiple stuff)

Voters
289. You may not vote on this poll
  • classical mode PvP Team vs Team, Free for all (Rome 1 like), perhaps with less or no unit skilling and retainers

137 47.40%
  • Avatar mode as known, matchmade battles

72 24.91%
  • something new (evolved)

101 34.95%
  • a working bug free MP campaign for 2 players

109 37.72%
  • a working bug free MP campaign for 4 players

167 57.79%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 26 of 35 FirstFirst ... 1617181920212223242526272829303132333435 LastLast

Thread: ROME II - Official Multiplayer discussion.

Argon Viper's Avatar Ducenarius

Default Re: Some Multiplayer Love

Quote Originally Posted by CheesyFreak View Post
    well atleast the dojo's prevented hill camping with a noobbox.
    A very good point. Having something out in the field that's worth taking is the only way to prevent ultra-defensive games that turn the battle into a race of the snails. To keep it fun, you need some significant advantage to being aggressive.

karamazovmm's Avatar スマトラ警備隊

Default Re: ROME II - Official Multiplayer discussion.

Im sorry but I wont read 25 pages of discussions, can someone catch me up? basically are more players (2+) allowed in MP campaign?

The very ugly forgive, but beauty is essential - Vinicius de Moraes

Quote Originally Posted by Karamazovmm View Post
    Im sorry but I wont read 25 pages of discussions, can someone catch me up? basically are more players (2+) allowed in MP campaign?
    No only 2 are allowed since ETW and will maintain like that with Rome 2,if its that what your asking .

karamazovmm's Avatar スマトラ警備隊

Quote Originally Posted by oOIYvYIOo View Post
    No only 2 are allowed since ETW and will maintain like that with Rome 2,if its that what your asking .
    thats a real bummer, by now I would want more players at least 4 per MP campaign

The very ugly forgive, but beauty is essential - Vinicius de Moraes

stradar1's Avatar Vicarius

Quote Originally Posted by Karamazovmm View Post
    thats a real bummer, by now I would want more players at least 4 per MP campaign
    Well Ca has not stated any news on the MPC or MP at all so we still have hopes CA might have something big for the MPC I can only Hope.
    Total War is the only massive war game that has yet to be Surpassed keep up the good work CA don't let us down!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by stradar1 View Post
    Well Ca has not stated any news on the MPC or MP at all so we still have hopes CA might have something big for the MPC I can only Hope.
    Mate,as i always say, i only speak when i know im 99% well informed.
    It was already said that MPC will only count to with 2 players.
    I dont understand the why and it was not explained,unfortenly.

Rome 2 will be the only game that i think that deserves a MPC with 3 or 4 players.
    Specially now with the 1 turn per year it would be perfect.

Mate,as i always say, i only speak when i know im 99% well informed.
    It was already said that MPC will only count to with 2 players.
    I dont understand the why and it was not explained,unfortenly.

Rome 2 will be the only game that i think that deserves a MPC with 3 or 4 players.
    Specially now with the 1 turn per year it would be perfect.
    This is where I say dont give up hope till the game is released
    Total War is the only massive war game that has yet to be Surpassed keep up the good work CA don't let us down!!!!

AngryTitusPullo's Avatar Comes Limitis

MPC is stated on SEGA page (the publisher) to be 2 player. Maybe the 'something big' for MP said earlier were about Arena which journalist mistakenly attributed and you mistakenly believed are about Rome II.

Or they will announce 24 playable MP battle. It's big enough from the current 8 (?).

Plan your conquest of the known world in a massive sandbox turn-based campaign mode (supporting additional 2-player cooperative & competitive modes). Conspiracies, politics, intrigue, revolts, loyalty, honour, ambition, betrayal. Your decisions will write your own story.
    http://eu.download-store.sega.com/es...me-2-3418.html

CIVITATVS CVM AVGVSTVS XVI, MMVI
    IN PATROCINIVM SVB Dromikaites SVB MareNostrum SVB Quintus Maximus
    Want to know more about Rome II Total Realism ? Follow us on Twitter & Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by LestaT View Post
    MPC is stated on SEGA page (the publisher) to be 2 player. Maybe the 'something big' for MP said earlier were about Arena which journalist mistakenly attributed and you mistakenly believed are about Rome II.

Or they will announce 24 playable MP battle. It's big enough from the current 8 (?).

http://eu.download-store.sega.com/es...me-2-3418.html

Does not mean it cant be changed or has been changed and nothing has been said about it yet just wait and see. They still have to give us more info on MPC and MP so we shall see and we will fully know when we get the game. I think we should save our assumptions for later.
    Last edited by stradar1; May 31, 2013 at 03:09 PM.

It depends on the old turn based System that allows them only 2 Players. Not many would wait unitl Player 1 has finished his coffee and made a click to continue

Quote Originally Posted by Feldmarschall Blücher View Post
    It depends on the old turn based System that allows them only 2 Players. Not many would wait unitl Player 1 has finished his coffee and made a click to continue
    With the engine of 1 turn per year , it would be "soft" to have MPC with 3 or more players .
    The ones that wouldnt have patient ,they dont have the passion and aint pure TW players.

More than 2 player MPC would be my dream, but I don't think CA has the intention of pulling it off sadly.

Quote Originally Posted by Feldmarschall Blücher View Post
    You can set a timer for turns. No need to wait for him to finish his coffee, just give a time limit of 5, 10, 15, 20, or 30 minutes per turn and wait him out.
    Proud American/German Atheist Jew waging World War 2 in my blood.

Indefinitely Banned

Multiplayer campaign would never work.

Quote Originally Posted by ScourgeTheMighty View Post
    I guess I'll be the first one to say it. It's already in the game, and it does work
    Proud American/German Atheist Jew waging World War 2 in my blood.

Indefinitely Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Argon Viper View Post
    I guess I'll be the first one to say it. It's already in the game, and it does work
    That's boulderdash.

Quote Originally Posted by Argon Viper View Post
    For 4 years ...

Quote Originally Posted by ScourgeTheMighty View Post
    why

With the engine of 1 turn per year , it would be "soft" to have MPC with 3 or more players .
    The ones that wouldnt have patient ,they dont have the passion and aint pure TW players.

Quote Originally Posted by caissus View Post
    More than 2 player MPC would be my dream, but I don't think CA has the intention of pulling it off sadly.

just think about it; lets say each player has 5 mins per turn. 40 turns ( 5[min] x 4[players] x 40[turns] (+ ai factions) /divide by 60 ~= 13.333 hours) will already require about 10 hours or even more. now if battles are fought out u can double or even triple that. now i wouldnt consider 40 turns a great amount of progress except in versus mode mbe / where mp-c starts to become really funny. still, this might b one of several concerns y CA decided to scrap 4+ mp-c. and they r adding lots of new stuff anyway.
    but hey there s still hope - if enough ppl show interest in 2v2/3v3+ mp-c; and afai-can tell there seems to be indeed a high demand for mpc in the tw commuity; they might patch it into the game, just after the great hustle (release) - who knows. (mind: the blood patch, non avatar custom battles for S2 multiplayer, evtly the city view for rome ii)

also they could try to spend more time and effort into bug fixing and into the notorious matchmaker at least for the case of rome ii. especially if stupid things like clan tokens that can only b gained in the mm reappear in rome ii. shogun 2 has still some annoying glitches and they will not b fixed anymore. now with all these new features i wonder how they get the mp-c with more than 2 participants right.

A campaign to work my friend as to be played everyday ,even if its only 1 hour or 30 minutes,i will play alot more.
    If you dont do it ,people will get bored and loose interest in playing campaigns.Thats the maine problem is that people (specially the new generations) are use to random arcade games .
    TW is not like that ,thank the Gods.
    With 3 players ,probably to make 1 turn (depending of the battles each one would have to do) would take without battles , 15 to 20 minutes .
    With battles , you would probably have to add to each turn 1 hour or a bit more.
    If you think playing a couple of turns per day ,2 to 3 hours ,with other 2 fellows is boring and a waste of time ,your on the wrong game then .

mentecato's Avatar Civis

This is where I say dont give up hope till the game is released

you never lose hope, i like that
    MPC with 4 players or more would be so awesome
    I´m waiting for that since Shogun I