classical mode PvP Team vs Team, Free for all (Rome 1 like), perhaps with less or no unit skilling and retainers
Avatar mode as known, matchmade battles
something new (evolved)
a working bug free MP campaign for 2 players
a working bug free MP campaign for 4 players
Last edited by djehoety; September 20, 2012 at 03:02 AM.
I study the dead and soon to be dead
Student history with focus on ancient Persia and current day Bilad Al-Sham
Follow me on Twitter for updates and news from Shaam https://twitter.com/djehoety
إذا تم العقل نقص الكلام
Well, CA staying tightlipped for now on MP, only saying they have "big plans". They said the same regarding S2TW and tbf they delivered big things, eventually!
That said, the gamebreaking bugs that dominated S2TW MP will be known know, and CA know to avoid a repeat.
So, i think an Avatar Campaign Map is higly likely, but how would it work in TWR2? In s2tw, you win regions which unlock units, but as its Japan apart from a few unique ones everyone had access to the same units eventually, that cannot be the case with TWR2!
So, i think maybe our custom Avatars will have a choice, if you think of every ingame faction as being split into 4 groups - Nation/State/Tribe/Faction (these have been sort of alluded to), then every region you unlock lets you pick the corresponding unit to one of these "groups". This way, everyone will have a different army roster to everyone else! Then you prob have Classic battles again, pretty self explanatory!
MPC is what interests me, after the endless problems with it from its ETW beta phase to its S2TW desynching phase. MPC finally now seems stable, so i hope CA push the boundaries even more and allow upto 4 person MPC, or keep 2 player MPC and bring back Hotseats alongside it.
Wonder if it will ship with a TeD?
I'll put here too.
Total War: Rome II Avatar campaign (AC)/Classic battle, lessons learned from Shogun II
Some observations I would like to point out so that the next Avatar Campaign (for Rome II).
- Beta test it.
- Allow resetting of specialty units.
- Plug Pullers get a loss credit to them.
- Debug camera, everybody gets it or nobody gets it.
- Do not allow people to inspect their opponent’s win/loss record prior to a battle. People become intimidated if you won a lot of games; they see this and leave rather then play it out. It waste a lot of time looking for opponents because they leave rather then play it out.
- Allow variety of Generals for classic battles, i.e. Melee, Bow, and Leadership depending on cultural traits.
- As gamers we should also discuss realism mode for AC, when a veteran unit losses all its men should it be deleted?
- When modifying stats on units for balance, adjust one thing at a time, not like what you did with the Loan Swords in Shogun II.
- Keep the Avatar Campaigns separate, the same way you did with Fall of the Samurai. Rome II, Rise of Rome and Fall of Rome all three should be separated.
- Insert speed stats for all units on the unit card.
- Create a pdf doc for downloading explaining all the moral penalties and bonuses. This would help a lot of the new players out there understand why their men break and route away.
- The Plumbatarii or Plumbata is thrown underhand see thread http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=380904 please have the animation portrait it.
- See signature block.
Tribute to Avatar Campaign. Painting done by BlaineLavigne.com my nephew.
Well, as long as they keep the multiplayer campaigns (cooperative and human against human), I'll be a happy man. I also hope that you'll be able to change your government type if you're playing as the romans.
Last edited by myself; July 02, 2012 at 12:00 PM.
Even though the multiplayer campaign is all well and good, I find it strange that the hotseat function has been absent since the Medieval II expansion pack of Kingdoms. I love this function. I often have friends over, and we all love Total War. I have played Medieval II: Kingdoms for thousands of hours, just because of this very reason: it has hotseat. I was very sad the first time I got Empire up and running, since I had been planning to play hotseat with my brother for a long time, England and France, conquering the world together only to start the greatest war of all time, but this was not possible. Neither did it return in Napoleon, nor in Shogun II. PLEASE bring back the hotseat function, Creative Assembly! I long to play as Rome while my brother tries to challenge me as the city states of Greece, or the Seleucid Empire to the east.
Agreed, hotseat mode was fantastic!
MPC is great, dont get me wrong, but MPC requires players to be online and playing together, so timezone problems, real life etc can get in the way!
With a hotseat, i could play a huge, all human hotseat with people from all over the world!
I have to say I never really played a hotseat in Medieval II - but I would love to do so with a Rome II
I've got one thing and only one thing to say to CA about multiplayer:
Keep it and its mechanics, and its balancing nonsense far, far, far away from singleplayer!
OPEN BATTLEFIELD CAPTURE POINTS AND IMPACT PUFFS HAVE GOT TO GO!
REVERT INFANTRY THROWING PILAE TO ROME TW'S SYSTEM AS IT WAS PERFECT!
Mobo: GA-P35-S3, CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q8400 2.66Ghz, GPU: AMD HD 6850 1GB, RAM: 4.Gb Corsair DDR2, Sound: Audigy 4, O/S: Windows 7 64bit Home Premium
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)