Thread: Discuss Avatar Campaign/Classic Battles

JackDionne's Avatar Senator

Default Discuss Avatar Campaign/Classic Battles

Total War: Rome II Avatar campaign (AC)/Classic battle, lessons learned from Shogun II

Some observations I would like to point out so that the next Avatar Campaign (for Rome II).

• Beta test it.
    • Allow resetting of specialty units.
    • Plug Pullers get a loss credit to them.
    • Debug camera, everybody gets it or nobody gets it.
    • Do not allow people to inspect their opponent’s win/loss record prior to a battle. People become intimidated if you won a lot of games; they see this and leave rather then play it out. It waste a lot of time looking for opponents because they leave rather then play it out.
    • Allow variety of Generals for classic battles, i.e. Melee, Bow, and Leadership depending on cultural traits.
    • As gamers we should also discuss realism mode for AC, when a veteran unit losses all its men should it be deleted?
    • When modifying stats on units for balance, adjust one thing at a time, not like what you did with the Loan Swords in Shogun II.
    • Keep the Avatar Campaigns separate, the same way you did with Fall of the Samurai. Rome II, Rise of Rome and Fall of Rome all three should be separated.
    • Insert speed stats for all units on the unit card.
    • Create a pdf doc for downloading explaining all the moral penalties and bonuses. This would help a lot of the new players out there understand why their men break and route away.
    • The Plumbatarii or Plumbata is thrown underhand see thread http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=380904 please have the animation portrait it.
    • See signature block.
    3K needs to have an Avatar Campaign!!!

Default Re: Discuss Avatar Campaign/Classic Battles

Agreed with most of your points
    That is assuming they do it in the same way as Shogun 2. Admittingly I just want more customisation options to personalize your army and general more

Quote Originally Posted by Legion3 View Post
    Agreed with most of your points
    That is assuming they do it in the same way as Shogun 2. Admittingly I just want more customisation options to personalize your army and general more
    You mean like what they did in FOTS for the AC in regards for the General skill tree?

I am hoping the skirmishers can have different options as well once they vet up. Like more accuracy when throwing or longer throw.
    Last edited by JackDionne; July 02, 2012 at 06:55 PM.

Being able to style your General around the culture/faction you prefer playing as should be created, although balancing all of the different units could be difficult/require a lot of beta testing. Other things:

Keeping and Expanding the armour sets/pieces to customise your avatar with.
    Either being able to personally customise your veteran units, or to have their appearance change based on the upgrades purchased for them. Veteran units should look like veterans, not simply re-coloured.
    If there are campaign expansions, allow different avatars to be able to fight each other (FOTS Vs Shogun 2 might be a curbstomp, but it's fun to play nevertheless.)

Quote Originally Posted by jonny duck View Post
    Being able to style your General around the culture/faction you prefer playing as should be created, although balancing all of the different units could be difficult/require a lot of beta testing.
    This would be kind of cool. I'd enjoy mp avatar more if they have this sort of system.
    Under the patronage of John I Tzimisces

Quote Originally Posted by JackDionne View Post
    You mean like what they did in FOTS for the AC in regards for the General skill tree?

I am hoping the skirmishers can have different options as well once they vet up. Like more accuracy when throwing or longer throw.
    Yea just build upon it more.
    Personally would like to be able to change the Armour parts of your veteran units instead of just the colour to make your legion that little big more personal

Quote Originally Posted by Drtad View Post
    This would be kind of cool. I'd enjoy mp avatar more if they have this sort of system.
    Tie it in with an Area of Recruitment system, so that when you conquer a region, you gain access to the units from that region, with the better units of that culture being available once you have all the provinces of a certain region (if you want Carthaginian Elephants, conquer all of Carthage's lands in the Avatar Campaign.

I asked one of the Administrators for a sticky for AC.

Not knowing much about the history, do you think there will be retainers for mercenaries?