Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: "Le Fred's" Epic Stories!

Default Re: "Le Fred's" Epic Stories!

Interesting topic, keep it on!

MINAMOTO / TAIRA

Summer 1205, near Kurayoshi castle, Hoki province.
    The Taira clan has been declared enemy of the state by a vast coalition of clans. Controlling the center of Japan but surrounded by Minamoto supporters, the Taira fight for the control of Western Honshu.
    Taira Tamotsu is the young heir of the Taira clan, and much willing to prove his valor to his father. He meets the Ogata clan allied of the Minamoto on the field, expecting reinforcements of his uncle Taira Minemitsu.

The Taira army takes position on the battlefield.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Taira Tamotsu is very eager to defeat the Ogata. Too long have they mocked openly the cautious political approach of his father! It is time to have them pay.

Far on the Western side of the battlefield, Taira Minemitsu progresses through the woods. It is not planned to meet with the Ogata army any time soon, and his role is to join forces with his inexperienced yet bold nephew.

On the field, the Ogata are on sight and seem eager to provoke the Taira. First archery skirmishes on the Eastern flank.

Under the leadership of the enthusiastic Taira Tamotsu, the Taira main army prepares the main engagement. Tamotsu sends a messenger to ask his uncle to come and support him chasing the enemy after the battle.

On the Western side of the battlefield, Taira Minemitsu is not informed his nephew has started the offensive. A large wood and a hill lies between the two Taira armies, and no sign of the Ogata second army.
    The Taira count very little archery units, they are forced to engage the Ogata as quickly as they can to limit the losses.

On the Eastern flank, the lines meet and the cavalry units neutralize each other.

The two commanders face each other but are soon separated by the chaos of the fight.

The two main armies charge. The Taira flanking units are moving to charge the Ogata from the left side.

Taira Minemitsu is under shock, his nephew's messenger has reached his army and the word spread the battle has already started!

Last edited by le_fred; March 17, 2013 at 09:29 PM.

More than 1,500 pictures: visit my Shogun epic battle screenshot thread !

Taira - Ogata part 2

The main charge of the battle.

Supporting and flanking units getting closer from the main battle.

With fewer men, the Taira are nonetheless vastly superior with monks and elite soldiers.

The supporting and flanking units charge as well.

On the Western flank, the Ogata are collapsing, broken by the losses they have suffered and the lack of any supporting units.

In the center, both armies take a heavy toll, but the Taira fail to take a decisive advantage despite their strong initial charge.

On the Western flank, the Taira monks have breached the line and move in support of the soldiers on the remaining Ogata flank.

In the center, the Taira are outnumbered and in a bad shape. Taira Tamotsu proud cavalry is stuck in melee and finally destroyed. The Taira men are worried.

Watching the battle turning badly, young Tamotsu relocates to the center to support the main line. He orders his exhausted warrior monks to flank the main line, but the move is easily countered by an arrow barrage from Ogata samurai.

Last edited by le_fred; December 30, 2012 at 08:23 AM.

Taira - Ogata Part 3

Both armies balance each other, but not for long! The first units of the Ogata second army are on sight. These are mostly militia soldiers, but they count also archers who take position on the hill.
    The Taira general is informed of this new threat.

The flanking Taira units are now under threat with the enemy approaching quickly. Unable to withstand the large new army in approach, they charge the current main battle line in order to break the Ogata.
    The clock is ticking now, the first Taira units rout...

Taira Minemitsu, leading the Taira reinforcement, has moved at full speed after he learnt of his nephew's foolishness. But the Ogata are no fools, and many skirmishers slow them down to prevent them from reaching the main battle in time.

Sending his cavalry as spearhead of his army, Taira Minemitsu makes short work of archer units and tramples them.

Hidden units are everywhere, shooting from the woods on the Taira. Still they are no match for such a number of soldiers rushing to support the son of their daimyo.

Leading his men, Taira Minemitsu scatters a second wave of skirmishers and push his men forward even more. Time is running out!

In the main battle, the Ogata reinforcements have completely changed the battle. The Taira are now outnumbered and exhausted. They seem surrounded and fight back to back.

The 2nd Taira army is one hill away from the first one. Will they make it in time?

Last edited by le_fred; December 30, 2012 at 08:41 AM.

Taira - Ogata Part 4

The Taira's progress is now slowed down by samurai units. They give a hard time to the vanguard and cavalry, and die to the last man rather than break.

The last regular Taira soldiers are now dead or fleeing. Only one unit of monks remains from the initial army.

More Ogata units defend the top of the hill, and there is no news from Taira Tamotsu. The Taira charge is brutal.
    The remaining Taira monks are now surrounded by hundred of Ogata men.

The disaster is so clear for the Taira that their general Taira Tamostu flees the battlefield! Shame...

The top of the hill is now covered with Taira troops, their Ogata counterparts start panicking and flee.

The last monks still fight, against desperate numbers and despite exhaustion. The reinforcing army is now on sight but what they see is a blood bath to which they join too late!
    Will there be any soldier to rescue?

The few dozen reminaing monks from the first Taira army are finally slaughtered, ironically hearing the raising battle cries of the Taira reinforcements.

His uncle's reinforcement army gave Taita Tamotsu some hope and he didn't flee very far away. Today is a victory for the Taira, once again, but at what cost?
    Watching the battlefield, he realizes the price of his foolish arrogance when he charged without joining with his uncle's army.
    Today he has lost everything: the army his father gave him... and his honor.

Last edited by le_fred; December 30, 2012 at 09:10 AM.

My RotS battle picture upload is done, enjoy!

Note: for this battle, i have used a recolored Taira faction, you can see more info on it there:
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=567470
    This battle is an extract from my Taira campaign on VH/H.

Lots of images to use. Great story once again Le_Fred. I think with the new +++ version you can make even better melees.

Thanks my Lord.
    I'll probably do an Otomo battle next time, with ACC recoloring most probably.
    It is going to be my last battle i think, otherwise i would simply repeat to much of the same again and again.

It is never the same. Personally I like to read every one of your stories or just to watch the battle images. Do only what it pleases you. If you continue to like this story telling then please continue making new. If for any reason you got tired it is very understandable no problem.

there are very nice stories!.

Update of the main thread page 1, with summary, used mods and next battle planned !

=Vastator='s Avatar Senator

Nice stories, with few text and many images, the way i like it!
    Disclaimer: the post above is way way prealpha, the final version will be way better than this.

VENNONETES's Avatar Vicarius

I really enjoy the game reading your tales
    Unfortunatly, imo, now ds2 is almost unplayable

Won the POTW Gold medal at 15 years, 7 months, and 198 days on 25/12/2013 ^_^

Proudly one of the 5 who won the POTW silver medal! (won it at 14 years, 10 months and 24 days on 31/03/2013 at 03.03 PM GMT +1)

OLD SIG

Thanks for your nice comments !

I believe by ds2 you mean DarthMod Shogun 2 ?
    I agree siege battles are broken in the v4.4+++ due to pathfinding bugs, sometimes units refuse to die / rout and stand still, but aside from that my FotS current campaign is a blast.

Maybe i should shoot a siege battle once it is solved
    Last edited by le_fred; January 29, 2013 at 08:44 PM.

Some BAD UNEDITED screens

Just because I want to mantain promises

LOOL Wrong thread >< Darth, please, move it!
    Last edited by VENNONETES; February 09, 2013 at 05:47 AM.

Proudly one of the 5 who won the POTW silver medal! (won it at 14 years, 10 months and 24 days on 31/03/2013 at 03.03 PM GMT +1)

OLD SIG

A glimpse at what's coming soon...
    It was simply amazing to play !!

OH! WoW! I simply can't wait!

OLD SIG

Lito's Avatar Civis

Holy WOW. That is going to be legit.

I've just finished shooting my latest battle story.
    But it is not a battle opposing the Date and the Takeda (despite the said battle replay was recorded yesterday hehe, it will be released after the one below).

A small screenshot of what i am talking about, it will be a nice surprise for the opposing clan, i am sure...

Last edited by le_fred; February 17, 2013 at 11:56 AM.

Demokritos's Avatar Domesticus

Can't wait to see your take of the firearms clan!

And you're saying that their enemies are not what one would expect? Or that the firearms clan have a surprise for the enemy?
    Last edited by Demokritos; February 17, 2013 at 06:22 PM.
    GNOTHI SEAUTON (Know Thyself) - precept inscribed in the forecourt of the Temple of Apollo at Delphi, Greece
    MEDEN AGAN (Nothing To Excess) - another precept inscribed in the aforementioned place

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast