Thread: Korea?

Senator

Default Korea?

Greetings everyone, long time no see.

I cleared up some space on my PC and started thinking about playing Shogun 2 again after reading some things about the Japanese invasions of Korea. I saw that there is a mod that expands the map to include Korea and a sizable chunk of Manchuria, China and Mongolia etc.

I was hoping to be playing something like the expanded regions/faction mod but with Korea included as well, and to be able to use Darthmod's superior AI and battle 'feel'. Is such a thing possible? Can the Rising Sun mod's map simply be combined with Darthmod's gameplay/visual tweaks in some way?

Obviously this would be only for Shogun 2's normal campaign, but one of my favourite ever TW campaigns was a Darthmod FotS run as the Saga, years ago. Are there any expanded region/faction mods for FotS that work with Darthmod's excellent visuals and battle experiences for FotS? I had a dig between here and 5 pages of the Steam Workshop but couldn't find anything that especially suited the above.

alhoon's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    took an arrow to the knee

Default Re: Korea?

Quote Originally Posted by Larkin View Post
    Greetings everyone, long time no see.

I cleared up some space on my PC and started thinking about playing Shogun 2 again after reading some things about the Japanese invasions of Korea. I saw that there is a mod that expands the map to include Korea and a sizable chunk of Manchuria, China and Mongolia etc.

I was hoping to be playing something like the expanded regions/faction mod but with Korea included as well, and to be able to use Darthmod's superior AI and battle 'feel'. Is such a thing possible? Can the Rising Sun mod's map simply be combined with Darthmod's gameplay/visual tweaks in some way?
    I think I have managed it. However, the China-Korea map was a bit too heavy on the computer I had at the time. I went for 300 turns though and I still haven't "won". I.e. I was not in a place where I could steamroll all opposition one by one. I had the Mongols, the Koreans had their land united and ships from hell, China was kinda fragmented but powerful alliances made an easy victory against them impossible and Japan was 2 factions with ~40 regions each and it would take a naval invasion to reach them, and my ships sucked.
    alhoon is not a member of the infamous Hoons: a (fictional) nazi-sympathizer KKK clan. Of course, no Hoon would openly admit affiliation to the uninitiated.
    "Angry Uncle Gordon" describes me well.

Senator

Quote Originally Posted by alhoon View Post
    I think I have managed it. However, the China-Korea map was a bit too heavy on the computer I had at the time. I went for 300 turns though and I still haven't "won". I.e. I was not in a place where I could steamroll all opposition one by one. I had the Mongols, the Koreans had their land united and ships from hell, China was kinda fragmented but powerful alliances made an easy victory against them impossible and Japan was 2 factions with ~40 regions each and it would take a naval invasion to reach them, and my ships sucked.
    I mean, that sounds like heaven to me, I would love that kind of challenge. Though granted, I'm more interested in just a Korea + additional islands, and maybe the sort of strip of Manchuria that runs along the top of Korea for some Juchen tribes or something, rather than also having a chunk of China. Presumably there is still a hardcoded limit of provinces, and I'd rather the majority of them are in Japan rather than cutting some down to add a third of China - same deal with the number of factions; I'd much prefer a historical Korea at the time, as a united Kingdom, with the extra provinces in Japan being used to represent extra clans (there are mods for that too, I've noticed).

Still, how did you manage it? I'd love to give it a try myself, but I've no experience with Shogun 2 modding. It's presumably not quite as simple as just copy/pasting a maps folder into Darthmod, or copy pasting Darthmod folders into the Rising Sun mod. If you have the time to write me a guide (or better yet, if you have such an installation and were willing to upload it) I'd be forever grateful.
    Last edited by Larkin; January 31, 2020 at 01:45 AM.

As I see, Morning Sun (2.8 version) use some Darthmod tables
    Wolf girl who likes to draw anime girls ❤️ DeviantArt, Twitter
    Also mad creator of

One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them,

One Ring to bring them all, and in the darkness bind them,
    TWCenter Forum, MODDB, Patreon

Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Sara Temer View Post
    As I see, Morning Sun (2.8 version) use some Darthmod tables
    Oh really? Presumably not everything in terms of the visual and gameplay affects though? Is it relatively straightforward to apply them all?

Nope, you can't just put all Darthmod db tables in Morning Sun, because it will interfere with Morning Sun units and balance. Uanime probably added this part of Darthmod which works good with his mod.
    About visual effect, do you mean DMS_DarthEffects.pack? You can use it with Morning Sun probably without problems
    Wolf girl who likes to draw anime girls ❤️ DeviantArt, Twitter
    Also mad creator of

One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them,

One Ring to bring them all, and in the darkness bind them,
    TWCenter Forum, MODDB, Patreon

Any more information about how one might combine the two mods?