Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: New IB VGR Dux Bellorum Mod

Default Re: New IB VGR Dux Bellorum Mod

Redid some of the coastlines.. Northern Wales, the Thames entrance, Isle of Man, Isle of Wight,Edinboro region. I put up a clearer pic and some map pics from the game soon
    Last edited by Riothamus; July 20, 2015 at 06:51 AM.

Under the esteemed patronage of Ramon Gonzales y Garcia IB and IB2 Mod

Quote Originally Posted by Riothamus View Post
    Redid some of the coastlines.. Northern Wales, the Thames entrance, Isle of Man, Isle of Wight,Edinboro region. I put up a clearer pic and some map pics from the game soon
    remember : save it on at least 3 hard drives !!

Quote Originally Posted by Majorien View Post
    remember : save it on at least 3 hard drives !!
    Will upload to mediafire very soon

My newest final map outline(from ground types). I will start this mod in 423 AD and write a synopsis for the TWC Mods section on the IB Dux Bellorum
    Last edited by Riothamus; July 23, 2015 at 06:19 AM.

Redid the coast lines entirely. Added the Thames as a navigational river It gets blurry switching from a tga file to a JPEG image
    Last edited by Riothamus; July 25, 2015 at 10:31 AM.

waveman's Avatar Decanus

I think the navigable rivers are a great touch

My AARs/writing: Link
    Letters for writing: þ, ð æ Æ

Quote Originally Posted by waveman View Post
    I think the navigable rivers are a great touch
    So far I have the Thames and Severn River and will add one in Ireland. The map is 75% done

Map is nearly done ..90%

Slash screen by Joar

Ciciro's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Can't wait to see it!

yeah, me too ! i feel quite nostalgical in advance : when Dux Bellorum, Ruina Romae and maybe IBUR will come out, i guess RTW will slowly die, without mods to extend its interest... i'm curious to know how many gamers still play with good old RTW !

I successfully added 6 factions. Celts(will divide up) Picts, Romano British: region of Ebrauc and north. Concillium Britannia: Heartland of Britain. Dumnonia: two regions split one in Amorica as well and a very small section to the Romans in Gaul.

I will modify banners etc..The Thames will be narrowed where it meets the river. The mod I will start 423AD

The
    Isles of Scilly off the Cornish coast. I may enlarge the Islands a bit or add one in between the mainland and the two islands. It will have a settlement
    Last edited by Riothamus; September 13, 2015 at 08:05 AM.

I have been able to create for the Romano factions a regression from the Roman pre ascribed settlements to a barbarian inner city infrastructure. The start will show a Roman settlement but the first construction of the needed governors villa will the transformation to a barbarian/Roman look. The Roman walls will remain but the settlements buildings will regress the settlement to the historical Romano Barbarian look of the mid 5t century. Below is the settlement Dun Breatann of Alt Clut

I have been able to create for the Romano factions a regression from the Roman pre ascribed settlements to a barbarian inner city infrastructure. The start will show a Roman settlement but the first construction of the needed governors villa will the transformation to a barbarian/Roman look. The Roman walls will remain but the settlements buildings will regress the settlement to the historical Romano Barbarian look of the mid 5t century. Below is the settlement Dun Breatann of Alt Clut

demagogos nicator's Avatar Domesticus

Looks great

This is just a curious question: How are you able to change the cities appearance to look like that on the map? I've always found it rather interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex647 View Post
    This is just a curious question: How are you able to change the cities appearance to look like that on the map? I've always found it rather interesting.
    Hi Alex. It has to do with the starting settlement ascribed as Roman but the faction must be barbarian or other than Roman. Then a settlement governors house is always at least one level lower than the already set wall. So for instance a city(stone wall) will start off with a governors house or a Governors villa. I have been using first level governor houses only no matter what settlement level. But when the needed next level governors residence is created(the AI will respond almost immediately for it will want to upgrade) the settlement upgrades and than becomes barbarian and appears as such. The transformation process is the function of the game and the city strat models in the game are a programed to transform as such. Hope any of this helps.. How it looks when it upgrades and transforms depends on the settlement strat models... what you see on the map. Start cities models may vary depending on the creator. My settlement strat models are mostly from the INVASIO BARBARORVM : SOMNIVM APOSTATAE IVLIANI Mod.
    Last edited by Riothamus; October 12, 2015 at 10:56 AM.

Hi Alex. It has to do with the starting settlement ascribed as Roman but the faction must be barbarian or other than Roman. Then a settlement governors house is always at least one level lower than the already set wall. So for instance a city(stone wall) will start off with a governors house or a Governors villa. I have been using first level governor houses only no matter what settlement level. But when the needed next level governors residence is created(the AI will respond almost immediately for it will want to upgrade) the settlement upgrades and than becomes barbarian and appears as such. The transformation process is the function of the game and the city strat models in the game are a programed to transform as such. Hope any of this helps.. How it looks when it upgrades and transforms depends on the settlement strat models... what you see on the map. Start cities models may vary depending on the creator. My settlement strat models are mostly from the INVASIO BARBARORVM : SOMNIVM APOSTATAE IVLIANI Mod.
    Hmm, I see. And yes it does help, I always thought that a barbarian style settlement with Roman large walls looked a lot better than a regular Roman and barbarian settlement, looks like if it has a little more life in it(well at least to me). I'll be watching this mod. How many Romano factions are you adding?
    Last edited by Alex647; October 13, 2015 at 03:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex647 View Post
    Hmm, I see. And yes it does help, I always thought that a barbarian style settlement with Roman large walls looked a lot better than a regular Roman and barbarian settlement, looks like if it has a little more life in it(well at least to me). I'll be watching this mod. How many Romano factions are you adding?
    Romano British of Ebrauc and surrounding area, Concillium Britannia From London and surrounding area to Gywnedd and Powys and Bath regions, Dumnonia(much of Cornwall and further to the east and The Alt Clut in the North encompassing the Votadini. The Picts in (Caledonia)Scotland and two Celtic factions and two Germanic Factions; Saxons and Angli. I may add the Jutes as a third. I want it to be fairly simplistic in the amount of factions but very in depth concerning game play. Im will likely start this at the rise of Vortigern but I believe it was Valens first in 421AD to 431. Plague hits Britain hard and the Germanic peoples in Britain make their push. Vortigern I do not believe a villain, History got quite twisted up here to explain something people really couldn't understand or want to hear..especially by the 11th century. There will be Hengest Horsa and an Arthur, Vortimer, Ambrosius and many of the qusi historical characters such as kingdom kings Cunedda
    Last edited by Riothamus; October 13, 2015 at 05:33 PM.

Reno Melitensis's Avatar Domesticus

Rio, can the map be used for an MTW II mod, it will be a great regional mod. I would do this in my spare time. My custom mod based on the Odovacer map is almost ready.

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Reno Melitensis View Post
    Rio, can the map be used for an MTW II mod, it will be a great regional mod. I would do this in my spare time. My custom mod based on the Odovacer map is almost ready.

Cheers
    Sounds great Reno. We could make it that 571 AD campaign on IB2 we were discussing before but any help with this would greatly be appreciated here and on IB2. I can upload for you my files very soon

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast