Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: New IB VGR Dux Bellorum Mod

Magister Militum Flavius Aetius's Avatar δούξ θρᾳκήσιου
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Default Re: New IB VGR Dux Bellorum Mod

Sweet, looking good Rio

Great work, only I would have given a bit of space for Brittany as the Britons did gave their name to that part of France, after departing in the wake of the Saxons, rather than heading west to Wales. I am looking forward to this.

when u gonna be done rio, u said in july that you had finished map except for some rivers, and that you just had to place the towns, are there that many??? Hopefully you will be done soon, on another note anybody notice how in API the computer always has massive stacks of armies and tons of 10star generals, i was playing as procopius, i left constantinople and took britain...lol cant help myself, anyways the stacks and stacks of quadi armies are impossible to beat, i send the two full armies that i can afford to invade gaul and i get sandwiched by like 20 full stacks within 5 turns... hopefully dux bellorum has somthing against invincible amounts of men

Quote Originally Posted by JVR View Post
    when u gonna be done rio, u said in july that you had finished map except for some rivers, and that you just had to place the towns, are there that many??? Hopefully you will be done soon, on another note anybody notice how in API the computer always has massive stacks of armies and tons of 10star generals, i was playing as procopius, i left constantinople and took britain...lol cant help myself, anyways the stacks and stacks of quadi armies are impossible to beat, i send the two full armies that i can afford to invade gaul and i get sandwiched by like 20 full stacks within 5 turns... hopefully dux bellorum has somthing against invincible amounts of men
    I just have to divide up the regions into many provinces. Im stuck on IB2 Britanniae so until thats done I cant do too much here. What game is that you talking about in your post?

Under the esteemed patronage of Ramon Gonzales y Garcia IB and IB2 Mod

Somnium Apostate Juliani, the computer stacks are endless lol, the variety of troops in some places are very limited too, however you guys are onto bigger and better things now so dont worry about it, just wanted to give a shout out

sorry to sound like a prick just really looking forward to more work from you guys thats all, and not being a modder myself i am ignorant to the amount of work that actually goes into your projects, please pardon my ignorance im just an excited gammer lol

Quote Originally Posted by JVR View Post
    sorry to sound like a prick just really looking forward to more work from you guys thats all, and not being a modder myself i am ignorant to the amount of work that actually goes into your projects, please pardon my ignorance im just an excited gammer lol
    No worries JVR

Here s a pic of Alt Clut...Just to give an idea of the map size. Very early stages. Im going to change the Date to 446 The other files I have completed. Its just I need my sprained r arm back to finish up the map. The other VGR campaigns, 463 and 434AD are completed

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
    Last edited by Riothamus; November 13, 2013 at 08:40 PM.

Good job mate! (Even though I'm not too familiar with you )

I'm making the assumption that there will be more settlement density and detail on the map due to you saying it's an early stage of the map.

I hope for a quick recovery of your sprained arm.

I broke a bone once, was not too pleasant and the school forced me back after Spring Break (I was stuck on the bed during my whole break ) telling me that there was no excuses and now my bone is a little screwed up thanks to them. I wonder if I can sue them...

Quote Originally Posted by BroskiDerpman View Post
    Good job mate! (Even though I'm not too familiar with you )

I'm making the assumption that there will be more settlement density and detail on the map due to you saying it's an early stage of the map.

I hope for a quick recovery of your sprained arm.

I broke a bone once, was not too pleasant and the school forced me back after Spring Break (I was stuck on the bed during my whole break ) telling me that there was no excuses and now my bone is a little screwed up thanks to them. I wonder if I can sue them...
    Thank You BroskiDerpman. I Always enjoy reading your posts and Diocle Yes a lot of work is needed on the map....settlements, several more factions and map editing. Enlarging the map makes it blocky looking so much work needed w/that but this to me is the easiest part and most enjoyable. Just need a good arm sigh
    Last edited by Riothamus; November 13, 2013 at 10:00 PM.

Diocle's Avatar Comes Limitis

My plan would be: Firstly taking Alt_Clut then from there doing what the Romans never did: Conquering Ireland. So Saint Comba would be remained there not coming here in Italy!
    Saint Cumba! The Irishman was absolutely a mad! Before arriving in the Langobard Kingdom of Italy he was near Genava on the lake, where he had been welcomed and hosted by a peaceful community of Alamans, then seeing that some of them were still bringing offers to the trees of the woods around the village so, .... what did he do? He set fire to the woods! You'll clearly understand that the people didn't like what he have done: 'We welcome you, we give you our food, we give you a roof, and what do you do? You set fire to our woods? But... are you mad?' .. So, They pursued him with axes and sticks to the Alpine passes and ... in his run the Irish Saint stopped only when he arrived in the Ligurian hills at Bobbio where he founded one of the most famous and ancient Italian Monasteries!

Sorry for the off-topic post but let me add only this truth: Your work is always of astonishing quality and the proportions of the map look .... 'legendary'! In the meaning that you feel the legend in your maps, Rio! The feeling of the Dark Age in its wild and boundless space .... compliments! Good work!

Quote Originally Posted by Diocle View Post
    My plan would be: Firstly taking Alt_Clut then from there doing what the Romans never did: Conquering Ireland. So Saint Comba would be remained there not coming here in Italy!
    Saint Cumba! The Irishman was absolutely a mad! Before arriving in the Langobard Kingdom of Italy he was near Genava on the lake, where he had been welcomed and hosted by a peaceful community of Alamans, then seeing that some of them were still bringing offers to the trees of the woods around the village so, .... what did he do? He set fire to the woods! You'll clearly understand that the people didn't like what he have done: 'We welcome you, we give you our food, we give you a roof, and what do you do? You set fire to our woods? But... are you mad?' .. So, They pursued him with axes and sticks to the Alpine passes and ... in his run the Irish Saint stopped only when he arrived in the Ligurian hills at Bobbio where he founded one of the most famous and ancient Italian Monasteries!

Sorry for the off-topic post but let me add only this truth: Your work is always of astonishing quality and the proportions of the map look .... 'legendary'! In the meaning that you feel the legend in your maps, Rio! The feeling of the Dark Age in its wild and boundless space .... compliments! Good work!
    Am honored by your words Diocle and tickled by the off comments of Saint Cumba. Brilliant!!..

Samraat Mahendra Maurya's Avatar Campidoctor

Will this release or is it dead?

Quote Originally Posted by KleenClothMaurya View Post
    Will this release or is it dead?
    Very much alive.. Just for he love of god Trying to wrap up IB2 Britanniae and Vadalorvum new upgrades first

looing forward to the release of this mod as it covers one of my favourite periods.
    just don't have arthur as being in glastonbury cause thats all based on some rubish made my the monks there "hey look i found this 'ancient' document by arthur....and fancy that if gives us vast swathes of land"

Quote Originally Posted by conahr1 View Post
    looing forward to the release of this mod as it covers one of my favourite periods.
    just don't have arthur as being in glastonbury cause thats all based on some rubish made my the monks there "hey look i found this 'ancient' document by arthur....and fancy that if gives us vast swathes of land"
    Hi Conahar. If anything Arhur will resemble Ambrosius or Vortimor(not Vortigern)It will be around 452AD as the Battle lord. Glastonbury as far as I know was a small monk community or something of that nature. It appears to have a spiritual significance during and before this time.

you've made my day now, you've been doing research
    so few people bother to properly research the whole "king Arthur" thing
    if you looking for more info a really good book on Arthurian myth is "the keys to Avalon", uses alot of older stories and references to Arthur to narrow down the possible area of his activieties (whoever "arthur" may have really been) thewriters of the book even come up for very plausble locations for the place that inspired the Avalon story (hill fort know a cear Affalach) and the battle of Badon (hill called the Breidden, half a days ride from the Ford Rhyd Y Greos in Powys)

Quote Originally Posted by conahr1 View Post
    you've made my day now, you've been doing research
    so few people bother to properly research the whole "king Arthur" thing
    if you looking for more info a really good book on Arthurian myth is "the keys to Avalon", uses alot of older stories and references to Arthur to narrow down the possible area of his activieties (whoever "arthur" may have really been) thewriters of the book even come up for very plausble locations for the place that inspired the Avalon story (hill fort know a cear Affalach) and the battle of Badon (hill called the Breidden, half a days ride from the Ford Rhyd Y Greos in Powys)
    A Masters degree helps in European History, Post Roman feudalism my favorite field of study. Especially Post Roman Britain
    Feel always free to help out w/any suggestions conahr1
    Last edited by Riothamus; February 26, 2014 at 10:53 AM.

I'm really interested in Aurthurian history, been doing the odd bit of research now and again, i'll send a photo of breidden hill if you like (if i learn how i could try making a historical battle for it)

Serapio's Avatar Semisalis

hey rio, are you still working on this?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast