Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: New IB VGR Dux Bellorum Mod

Default Re: New IB VGR Dux Bellorum Mod

Quote Originally Posted by Alex647 View Post
    Hmm, I see. And yes it does help, I always thought that a barbarian style settlement with Roman large walls looked a lot better than a regular Roman and barbarian settlement, looks like if it has a little more life in it(well at least to me). I'll be watching this mod. How many Romano factions are you adding?
    Okay. I finished the provinces and added all the factions. The map needs final detailing and then the redoing, adding and specializing in regional faction units. Units will be a mixture from IB, ATW and other newly created models from this time and place. I'm bouncing around 431 as a starting date as Plague ripped across Britain causing the united island provinces began to splinter into powerful kingdoms. The long established Foederati Germanic peoples will rebel or expand from there designated locations. Sea born invasions from the Celts and Germans will factor in as well.
    Factions:
    Empire west: Councillium Britannia
    Romano British: Ebrauc and regional areas
    Empire East Rebels: Alt Clut and Gododdin Northern tribes
    Empire West Rebels: Dumnonia

Roxoloni/Huns: Picts
    Celts: Ui Neill Celts
    Sarmations: Mumainha

Germanic Tribes:
    Saxons: Seaxna Tribes
    Franks: Jutes
    Alemanni: Anglia Tribes
    Last edited by Riothamus; November 18, 2015 at 09:09 AM.

Under the esteemed patronage of Ramon Gonzales y Garcia IB and IB2 Mod

Quote Originally Posted by Riothamus View Post
    Okay. I finished the provinces and added all the factions. The map needs final detailing and then the redoing, adding and specializing in regional faction units. Units will be a mixture from IB, ATW and other newly created models from this time and place. I'm bouncing around 431 as a starting date as Plague ripped across Britain causing the united island provinces began to splinter into powerful kingdoms. The long established Foederati Germanic peoples will rebel or expand from there designated locations. Sea born invasions from the Celts and Germans will factor in as well.
    Factions:
    Empire west: Councillium Britannia
    Romano British: Ebrauc and regional areas
    Empire East Rebels: Alt Clut and Gododdin Northern tribes
    Empire West Rebels: Dumnonia

Roxoloni/Huns: Picts
    Celts: Ui Neill Celts
    Sarmations: Mumainha

Germanic Tribes:
    Saxons: Seaxna Tribes
    Franks: Jutes
    Alemanni: Anglia Tribes
    I added another Romano faction
    In Southern Wales-consisting of Gwent, Ergyng and Glywyssing

Small question of this time period during the Isle of Britannia. We're the Romano factions United at one point in time? Or were they separate from each other and had different cultures (or maybe similar but not completely the same) and warred with one another?

Quote Originally Posted by Alex647 View Post
    Small question of this time period during the Isle of Britannia. We're the Romano factions United at one point in time? Or were they separate from each other and had different cultures (or maybe similar but not completely the same) and warred with one another?
    Yes. They united around 417-421AD under a Britannia Councilium. I think It was during the plague of 431-7 where the Councilium Britannia lost its control. The Saxon, Jutes, and Anglia foederati took advantage of this time out of necessity. I think Britannia under a Councilium-King was united again around 450-4 under someone nothing short of brilliant... The Dux Britannia. It again became separated into warring kingdoms after 471-7 permanently and possibly a respite from incursions from Germanic tribes around 494AD but by this time the Jutes, Saxons Anglia and other Germanic peoples were firmly established.
    Last edited by Riothamus; November 23, 2015 at 07:21 AM.

Hey Rio,
    are you planning a scripted alliance between roman factions ?

Quote Originally Posted by Majorien View Post
    Hey Rio,
    are you planning a scripted alliance between roman factions ?
    Wow. I had to edit that last post of mine. I haven't thought too much about scripted alliance but most likely there will be. I will script several Germanic and Celt sea invasions. I have decided to add a Roman faction in the tiny area that is Gaul but with fierce rebels and Germanic outpost, I'm going to add a final Romano faction in Gwynedd, Powys region.

demagogos nicator's Avatar Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Riothamus View Post
    Wow. I had to edit that last post of mine. I haven't thought too much about scripted alliance but most likely there will be. I will script several Germanic and Celt sea invasions. I have decided to add a Roman faction in the tiny area that is Gaul but with fierce rebels and Germanic outpost, I'm going to add a final Romano faction in Gwynedd, Powys region.
    Do not want to sound greedy but would not be more reasonable two factions in Wales (one based in Gwynedd and another in Powys)? As far as I know the welsh never had much sense of unity, althougn, I do not know much about the region in the fifth century.

Quote Originally Posted by demagogos nicator View Post
    Do not want to sound greedy but would not be more reasonable two factions in Wales (one based in Gwynedd and another in Powys)? As far as I know the welsh never had much sense of unity, althougn, I do not know much about the region in the fifth century.
    I thought of that but I do think the Britannnia Councillium controlled wales but after the Germanic foederati rebellion due to plague in 431AD, I think the Councillium lost the northern region of Gwynedd. Gywnedd like so many other regions in Britain such as Dal Raita, South Saxons and Anlgia, were foederati carefully positioned to wedge in their enemies such as the Picts and Gaelic Celts.
    Last edited by Riothamus; November 24, 2015 at 05:39 PM.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345