Thread: ALL Warhammer Soundmod?

Default ALL Warhammer Soundmod?

The mod is brilliant and all, but I have to say some tracks in the mod can water down the immersion for me (300 music for example). I've been wondering if anyone has considering making a sound mod filled with music from Warhammer only material as it is friendly to the theme and all around good music.

I tried putting sounds in myself but it came up with quite a few "Sigmar preserve us" during the campaign. I dunno what I did wrong, maybe someone else will try accomplishing this or consider helping me.

What say you guys?
    [signature]

Default Re: ALL Warhammer Soundmod?

I would like just the Gates of Ekrund theme from Warhammer Online, on a permanent loop

If I knew how to get it in! Changing the directory is a no-no and I end up with silence. Not changing the directory but adding and listing new files also results in silence. Maybe something is off.

I was able to rename my files to the same names and replace the existing ones and that gave me my music. But for some reason the game crashed more often.
    [signature]

Kahvipannu's Avatar Bring me Solo & wookie

Could I upload my descr_sounds_music.txt file? I've just changed the files in the folders not the directories. I decided to go another route rather than replacing the existing musics because that seems to make it crash as well.

This mod doesn't have any special sounds or anything right (in the music.dat and .idx)? I downloaded the english voice sound mod if that makes a difference. But I'm not sure even adding music causes issues. This seems to be more complicated than a tutorial...
    [signature]

Reiksfart's Avatar Senator

There are a few old music mods which should still work, but they won't include music for any of the newer factions. One I used for a long while was the CHD White Epic music mod. Should be somewhere back a few pages.

I've been working on a music mod for even longer than I have been working on my submod campaign, which I intend to release at some point with my main submod. It won't all just be a bunch of the same old 'epic' music ripped from mp3's, movies and youtube though, I'm been mixing some unique music for Vampire Counts, orcs and a few others. Plus including all the WAR music I can get my hands on.

I'm just wondering as to why it causes CTDs. When I first tried this I did not delete the event files. I figured that out after I read the tutorial, is that why? The silence is understandable, since there must have been some sort of conflict within the text file.

But seriously, why CTDs?? By the way, in the file above, would the changes I made be appropriate (cause silence)?

EDIT: Never mind. I've succeeded in activating my music. Truly epic now.
    Last edited by WAR monger; July 01, 2012 at 10:09 AM.
    [signature]