Thread: The Republic on hard Fots challenge!

Lionheart11's Avatar Senator

Icon6 The Republic on hard Fots challenge!

Its not a walk in the park, you have to set yourself up well when realm devide hits and all hell breaks loose

Im about half way in 1875.

Default Re: The Republic on hard Fots challenge!

DeMolay's Avatar Senator

Yes , even though the AI still "cheats" in hard ( turning imperial factions , allies , with marriages , into shogunate factions overnight just to annoy and give artificial challenge to the player , yes i'm looking at you Matsumae clan ) or diplomacy being at times completely nonexistent (impossible trade agreement when it's in the interest of the AI clan to agree to it , no alliance possible even with clans having the same interests and allegiance etc ) , it's still easy for a human player to complete the Republic campaign objectives when you mastermind the first 50 turns , especially with clans on the sides of the map so that you make sure no one shoots you in the back and can muster a large navy which is intsrumenal to victory . With the Sakai of Obama or Tsu , it's much harder to go Republic though

Legendary is too much for me , i don't want to smash my computer on the wall and make a heart attack because the AI cheats stack after stacks on my poor capital and ports , but i agree that is really a challenge , although i'm pretty certain that people go for C:/ user/appdata/roaming/Total war/saves , and then every turn they copy the legendary auto-save , so basically , they have saves they can use if things go wrong (which defeats the purpose of legendary ) , then they will sell military access and fight mostly defensive sieges (which defeats for me , the purpose of TW game which is to have fun and don't "game the game" ) but i respect the people who manage to complete it even if they do that , because Legendary is really insanely hard if you go Republic , i tried it only once and will never do it again

Quote Originally Posted by DeMolay View Post
    Yes , even though the AI still "cheats" in hard ( turning imperial factions , allies , with marriages , into shogunate factions overnight just to annoy and give artificial challenge to the player , yes i'm looking at you Matsumae clan ) or diplomacy being at times completely nonexistent (impossible trade agreement when it's in the interest of the AI clan to agree to it , no alliance possible even with clans having the same interests and allegiance etc ) , it's still easy for a human player to complete the Republic campaign objectives when you mastermind the first 50 turns , especially with clans on the sides of the map so that you make sure no one shoots you in the back and can muster a large navy which is intsrumenal to victory . With the Sakai of Obama or Tsu , it's much harder to go Republic though

Legendary is too much for me , i don't want to smash my computer on the wall and make a heart attack because the AI cheats stack after stacks on my poor capital and ports , but i agree that is really a challenge , although i'm pretty certain that people go for C:/ user/appdata/roaming/Total war/saves , and then every turn they copy the legendary auto-save , so basically , they have saves they can use if things go wrong (which defeats the purpose of legendary ) , then they will sell military access and fight mostly defensive sieges (which defeats for me , the purpose of TW game which is to have fun and don't "game the game" ) but i respect the people who manage to complete it even if they do that , because Legendary is really insanely hard if you go Republic , i tried it only once and will never do it again
    Playing casual is a legit thing to do, just not for a challenge.