Thread: Naval Battles

Default Naval Battles

I'm currently using this mod and in naval battles, all ships except frigates are receiving no hull damage at all.

Default Re: Naval Battles

I had a quick game last night with only EIC installed and my ship battle took 45minutes, at least until the point of me closing down the game (It was 5 vs 8 and had killed only 3 AI trade ships) it was insane. Not only that but it took the ships around 5-10minutes before they even got close enough to each other as they moved incredibly slow. Is this a bug or how the mod has being designed?

Use the closer naval deployment zone sub-mod included in the launcher, on mine ships of the line take damage and surrender but never seem to sink.

Quote Originally Posted by IchII3D View Post
    I had a quick game last night with only EIC installed and my ship battle took 45minutes, at least until the point of me closing down the game (It was 5 vs 8 and had killed only 3 AI trade ships) it was insane. Not only that but it took the ships around 5-10minutes before they even got close enough to each other as they moved incredibly slow. Is this a bug or how the mod has being designed?
    It was designed so and then the closer naval deployment submod was created to avoid long wait until the fleets gather to combat.

What about the ship's hulls' taking no damage?

Quote Originally Posted by vinh834 View Post
    What about the ship's hulls' taking no damage?
    Hi!

"taking no damage". Do you mean the green lines arround the colour banner over the ship not changing despite receiving enemy shots?

gaunty14's Avatar Vicarius

I thought it was supposed to be like that? Victory by making the enemy surrendering by demasting and destroying guns/crew rather than sinking enemy ships

"will help build battle station for food" - or rep

Quote Originally Posted by gaunty14 View Post
    I thought it was supposed to be like that? Victory by making the enemy surrendering by demasting and destroying guns/crew rather than sinking enemy ships
    Yes that is the idea.

GM207's Avatar Decanus

Hey Bethencourt, anyway I can change it so ships can sink? it'll be more realistic like that.
    Thanks in advance.
    Great mod by the way, love it

Quote Originally Posted by GM207 View Post
    Hey Bethencourt, anyway I can change it so ships can sink? it'll be more realistic like that.
    Thanks in advance.
    Great mod by the way, love it
    Hi!

Thank you.

There are several ways to do it, but none of them simple. The easiest is to increase the damage stat of all the naval projectiles in projectiles tables until you get the ships sink in a rate you find good.
    Last edited by Bethencourt; July 08, 2012 at 12:20 PM.

GM207's Avatar Decanus

I have the NTW Editor, only not formiliar how to use it, wich pack I need to edit, and wich line?
    I would realy apreciate your help, a step by step direction would be wonderfull.
    Thank you again Bethencourt.

Quote Originally Posted by GM207 View Post
    I have the NTW Editor, only not formiliar how to use it, wich pack I need to edit, and wich line?
    I would realy apreciate your help, a step by step direction would be wonderfull.
    Thank you again Bethencourt.
    Hi!

It is nearly one year that I do not mod Napoleon tw. I used mostly PFM rather than DB editor. Anyway once you have loaded the mod file by using the check boxes to place it in the right list that when you open is empty, then you can go to the uper menu going over the little black triangle display the list of tables. then find the projectiles_table but the one in darker letters. Then go to the column called damage an increase the values of that column for the naval projectiles so when you test a battle the ships start to sink if that is what you want.
    Last edited by Bethencourt; July 12, 2012 at 01:12 PM.