Thread: thinking of downloading

LoZz's Avatar who are you?

Default thinking of downloading

at the moument im waiting for res gestae to come out after ive completed spqr, however what matters to me is how good the romans are,

ive looked threw the screens, looks nice, but can anyone give me any more "eye candy" of the roman, i dont want to uninstall rome and then reinstall it for no reason

is rome 3 factions or just one and what about the senate?

Gaius Baltar's Avatar Old gods die hard
    Blog Entries

Default Re: thinking of downloading

​​
    Pillaging and Plundering since 2006

The House of Baltar

Neither is this the dawn from the east, nor is a dragon flying above, nor are the gables of this hall aflame. Nay, mortal enemies approach in ready armour. Ravens are calling, wolves are howling, spear clashes and shield answers

Yeah rome one unified faction, which in my opinion a huge aid to game play, the lack of the (puppet master) senate means rome can expand more realisticly as a CPU or human controled player atleast ive found. Not to mention the new factions added in place of the missing ex-roman factions which is another big plus imho.

Ive tried a vast amount of mods including RTR and many others an none have grabbed me and sucked me in quite as much as this mod. Each campain is diffent mainly as the factions are balanced much better, I'd still say the romans have the edge but thats realistic as after all they did conquer most of the known world at that time.

Ive spent the last five weeks totally sucked in by this mod and when i'm not playing i spend my time telling anyone i know that plays RTW to get this mod, So i have to suggest the same to you.

Stop thinking, and just do it you wont regret it.

Trust me i'm a doctor

LoZz's Avatar who are you?

downloading!

I just tried this, after many other mods. I thought it would suck, like many mods and a waste of my time. Until I did a custom battle... I was absolutely STUNNED!!! Everything looks so great, like medieval 2 ffs! You guys are great!!!

I cannot teach anybody anything, I can only make them think - Socrates
    Barbarus hic ego sum, quia non intellegor ulli - Ovidius
    The fool doth think he is wise, but the wise man knows himself to be a fool - William Shakespeare
    A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything - Friedrich Nietzsche

The Black Reaper's Avatar Hell's Gate

whats also great is that i can have about 7000 men without lag... about 2000 more then i could have before...

CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 965 @ 4.0 GHz | CPU Cooling: Coolermaster Hyper 212 + | Mobo: Asus m4a79xtd evo
    Ram: Corsair XMS3 2x4GB DDR3 1333 MHz | PSU: Antec Truepower 650W | GPU: Evga Geforce GTX 580

Under the Patronage of the Honorable Nicholas Rush

Is this mod better than Rome: Total Realism? Because I didn't try that one yet.

I cannot teach anybody anything, I can only make them think - Socrates
    Barbarus hic ego sum, quia non intellegor ulli - Ovidius
    The fool doth think he is wise, but the wise man knows himself to be a fool - William Shakespeare
    A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything - Friedrich Nietzsche

The Mongol's Avatar Primicerius

Personally, this and SPQR capture me the most out of all the mods. I just can't play BI mods for a long time, I've been playing SPQR as of now because it isn't as realistic and I like some of the units. TE has to be my second fav though. Res Gestae should be good when it comes out, excellent quality work over there.

Hader's Avatar Things are very seldom what they seem. In my experience, they’re usually a damn sight worse.
    took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by -Leonidas-
    Is this mod better than Rome: Total Realism? Because I didn't try that one yet.
    Mayb be a bit late in saying this but I cant say that this mod is better than RTR or any other mod. Every mod is different, has its own strengths, weaknesses and special features, but you have to formulate your own opinion about a mod. Just sayin.....

If you want to download Terrae Expugnandae 5.0 and its latest patch 5.1, you can check the links below.

Terrae Expugnandae 5.0
    http://files.filefront.com/Terrae+Ex.../fileinfo.html

Terrae Expugnandae patch 5.1
    http://files.filefront.com/Terrae+Ex.../fileinfo.html