6 If Not For You (3:33) 4/5
    7 Behind That Locked Door (3:10) 4/5
    8 Let It Down (5:01) 5/5
    9 Run of the Mill (2:52) 4/5
    10 Beware of Darkness (3:52) 5/5
    11 Apple Scruffs (3:09) 4/5
    12 Ballad of Sir Frankie Crisp (3:52) 4/5
    13 Awaiting on You All (2:50) 4/5
    14 All Things Must Pass (3:47) 10/5 (incredible)
    15 I Dig Love (5:00) 3/5
    16 Art of Dying (3:43) 5/5
    17 Isn't It A Pity? [Version] (4:51) 4/5
    18 Hear Me Lord (6:00) 5/5
    19 It's Johnny's Birthday (0:43) - a birthday song for John Lennon, thus no rating
    20 Plug Me In (3:19) 3/5
    21 I Remember Jeep (8:09) 3/5
    22 Thanks for the Pepperoni (5:32) 3/5
    23 Out of the Blue (11:16) 4/5
    Rating: 5/5

All Things Must Pass was released after the Beatles officially dissolved. George Harrison had long been overshadowed as a songwriter and a vocalist by Paul McCartney and John Lennon, even though he wrote some excellent songs on each of their albums, and the sudden rush of incredibly good material took the music industry by storm. All Things Must Pass was making history from the start: it was the first triple album released by a single artist. All the material of the Beatles days which had been sidelined by Paul McCartney and John Lennon found its way onto All Things Must Pass; the result is 18 great songs and 5 live jams at Apple, which are fun but not all that great. The title song in particular is an incredible song as moving now as it was 36 years ago; I would like for it to be played at my funeral. It tells of all things passing on in the wheel of life, yet it is an uplifting song, not depressing. It belonged on the Let It Be album; it would have fit the passing of the greatest band of the 20th century, but it transcends a petty circumstance like the Beatles' break-up and joins the halls of the truly great philosophical songs of all time.

From start to finish, the album is an hour and forty-five minutes of greatness, proving once and for all that George Harrison belonged in the same league as his bandmates John Lennon and Paul McCartney. It is quite expensive these days - probably because of its length - but you get what you pay for, and All Things Must Pass is worth every cent.

Patron of Felixion, Ulyaoth, Reidy, Ran Taro and Darth Red
    Co-Founder of the House of Caesars

Final Frontier's Avatar Just roaming around

Default Re: George Harrison: All Things Must Pass

Great review. I agree, it's a stunning album and Sir PyrrhusIV pointed me towards it, and I thank him for that. Oh, and George has quite a few songs with food mentioned in the title. Savoy Truffle, Apple Scruffs, Thanks For The Pepperoni.

Happiness is a warm gun... | "Only a life lived for others is worthwhile." -Albert Einstein
    Bang bang, shoot shoot...19| Under the patronage of therussian
    | "I couldn't resist."

Savoy Truffle makes me hungry.

Patron of Felixion, Ulyaoth, Reidy, Ran Taro and Darth Red
    Co-Founder of the House of Caesars

George Harrison: All Things Must Pass
    Unfourtunately including George. And all too soon. Truly a great album tho. How he got sued for My Sweet lord is beyond me. I love He so fine but My Sweet lord sounds nothing like it. I can think of many songs that sound far more like ripoffs than this.
    I have nothing against the womens movement. Especially when Im walking behind it.

Nice review...