Page 9 of 44 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181934 ... LastLast

Thread: With Fire and Sword 2 (Огнем и Мечом (II) 2: Total War ) !!!!RELEASE!!!! v 0.9.2 BETA

Default Re: With Fire and Sword 2 (Огнем и Мечом (II) 2: Total War )

Wow!
    The whole modern world has divided itself into Conservatives and Progressives. The business of Progressives is to go on making mistakes. The business of the Conservatives is to prevent the mistakes from being corrected. - G.K. CHESTERTON

Great mod and units! When it will be released?

this year..

Quote Originally Posted by komatozz911 View Post
    this year..
    Will the initial release this year be only in Russian/Polish, or is an English version going to be released immediately?

Also, can I trouble you for more screenshots?...they look ever so nice

The way I see it, every minute spent on this forum is a waste of time. They should be working on the mod instead of answering the same question over and over again. The game will be released this year, around the end of autumn, they said.

And as far as I remember, the mod will be in Russian and in English. No Polish, I think (pity ).

first will be in russian english version will be later.... but some guys from TWC planned translate mod in polish and there is some files of mod (mostly interface) already exist in english/polish they said...

some screens are here: http://mods.totalwars.ru/statji-i-ob...d-sword-2.html http://mods.totalwars.ru/statji-i-ob...d-sword-2.html

and new scots mercenaries:

Last edited by komatozz911; October 31, 2012 at 03:57 AM.

Wallachian's Avatar Citizen

Amazing work +rep Loving the Scots and the sword and buckler men with moriones.

For totalwar.org.pl also will work to Polonization.

My suggestion icons:
    The ico format(no background): http://wyslijto.pl/files/download/zrbcxqftrg
    Last edited by Ensis1410; October 31, 2012 at 09:14 AM.

Salvo's Avatar Maréchal de l'Empire

Hi,
    first of all - great mod, can't wait to play, especially units look amaizing But what about AI, becouse without improving it the mod will be simply unplayable (I haven't found any info about it).

PS:My Polish friend are right about the cossacks Anyway, great job!

Yes, great job. But I can't get over the cossacks, seriously. I hope you put some (excuse me: a lot!) czern in the mod. Because they were the majority in Cossack armies during the Chmielnicki Uprising.

Nie wiem, Salvo, czy wszystko czytales, ale juz probowalismy ich przekonac. Nie, oni mysla ze maja racje i koniec. W OiM II faktycznie ci kozacy byli dobrze przedstawieni. Mam wrazenie ze w OiM II nie bedzie tak jak powinno byc.

You can always do a mini mod Improving historicity,using beautiful units with modifications Wars of Renaissance.

Last edited by Ensis1410; November 06, 2012 at 05:13 PM.

Prztałoby się poprzeć owe białe koszule i workowate hajdawery rycinami lub opisami z epoki. Jeżeli chodzi o hajdawery wydaje mi się że spotkałem się gdzieś z ich XVII-wiecznym opisem (zanotowanym przez oberwatora z zachodniej Europy, prawdopodobnie Francji, opisującego Sicz Zaporoską).
    Większe (nawet niż u szlachty z głębi kraju) mogły być też wpływy orientalne - zdobyczna broń i ubrania tureckie/tatarskie.
    Jeżeli chodzi o czapki wydaje się, że nie zawsze musiały wieńczyć kozackie głowy, sporo mogło zależe np. od pogody.
    Ubrania jednostki ''ubogich kozaków'' wydają się zbyt jednolite, wręcz jak umudnurowanie. W średniowieczu i renesansie chyba dość popularne były wielobarwne stroje, dziwne gdyby w XVII wieku, dla wielonarodowej zbieraniny jaką było kozactwo, odzienie ujednolicono - na szaro-buro jak w powyższej jednosctce.
    Oczywiście to tylko przypuszczenia, kluczowe byłoby odnalezienie dowodów z epoki - bo tylko takie perzekonają naszych rosyjskich kolegów. Na czymś w końcu musi być oparty streotypowy wizerunek kozaka (mam nadzieje, że nie tylko na fantazji XIX wiecznych artystów, choć tego też nie można wykluczyć).
    Jeżeli będe miał trochę więcej czasu, poszukam tej relacji z hajdawerami w tle. Liczę też na waszą dociekoliwość i zacięcie
    Last edited by Wareg; November 07, 2012 at 05:01 AM.

Masz racje. Problem w tym ze nie przekonasz naszych rosyjskich kolegow. Zakladam sie ze nie uda Ci sie! Podawalismy juz rozne zrodla, czy to wiarygodne czy nie, jest niestety juz bez znaczenia. Dlaczego? Poniewaz, tak jak sam napisales, nie ma wiarygodnych, nie ma prawdziwych dowodow.

My za to przedstawilismy wiele zrodel. Oni przedstawili tylko jedno i na tym sie opieraja. Wszystko co my im pokazali albo pisali, oni to okreslili jako "fantazja". Tacy sa pewni siebie. Wkurza mnie to, ale ja juz nie bede ich przekonywal, juz zrobilem swoje w tej sprawie.

Jak ktos chce i potrafi zmienic potem niektore modele kozackie, to prosze. Mysle ze duzo polskich fanow sie ucieszy z prawidlowego wizerunku kozaka, tak jak go opisales Ty i kilku innych, wlacznie ze mna. Nie mam nic przeciwko rosjanom, robia fantastyczne mody i wogole, ale trzeba przyznac ze z kozakami troche zawalili w tym modzie. Nie wiem co im sie stalo. Kozacy byli mniej wiecej dobrze przedstawieni w OiM I. Dlaczego nagle zmienili ten koncept w drugiej czesci, nie rozumiem.

It is proposed add peasants the to Zaporozhian Sich. Because they also took part in the uprisings.
    Last edited by Ensis1410; November 07, 2012 at 09:00 AM.

Quote:
    without hats or with white shirts, baggy trousers? Is that unhistorical?

yes.
    What is unhistorical? White shirts? Linen clothes, without pigments, are ''dirty white''. Why do you think that only brown clothes were common? Blue was also cheap and common pigment. Of course clothes of poor people had less intense colors.
    Baggy trousers-http://uk.wikipedia.org/wiki/%D0%A8%...B0%D1%80%D0%B8
    Lack of hats - It is matter of choice, It depended to for. ex weather.
    I don't think that your model of ''poor Cossacks'' is unhistorical, but too homogeneous. More diversity will be historically accurate and nice to look at. Now It look as standardized uniform
    If you think that modern images of Cossacks are stereotypical and inaccurate, prove It - as I can prove that Great plaid isn't accurate clothing for XIII/XIV century Scots. It is nice to learn something new.

Regarding husaria:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KCWMdQSVBrg
    this model will be fine for first half of XVII century
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qDyl9hhiBn4
    and this for second half (but with more accurate single and shorter wings from first model)

paradamed's Avatar Praepositus

Awesome unit, guys! Everything is looking fantastic!

Only white shirts on warriors its laughing)) do you think its ok to fight only in shirts under rain or snow? why its ok for other factions units to wear upper cloth but wrong for cossacks? do you think they were stupid and fight in homeclothes?

Baggy trousers its and of 17 cent. and 18 cent.. and its difficult to see them under upper long clothes...

Lack of hats its WRONG in terms of ortodoxal traditions...

models have blue and grey pigment but i realise that should be more diversity and im plannig do it after release))

Under rain or snow indeed It is not good idea, but summers are hot and quite dry in Ukraine cause of continental clime. Many key battles during Chmielnick uprisnig (Żółte Wody, Korsuń, Piławce, Beresteczko, Zbaraż, Zborowo, Batoh) took place from May to September. In such clime conditions fighting in thick clothes and fur cups is quite stupid, don't you think?

Regarding baggy trousers-did you ignore link to article I've sent you or you don't agree with It? There is XVI report, so you are not right with end of XVII century.

Lack of hats its WRONG in terms of ortodoxal traditions...
    Can you specify?

models have blue and grey pigment but i realise that should be more diversity and im plannig do it after release))
    Good news. For more diversity some of richer cossacks can also use more oriental (cut and pattern) clothing - as booty from Turks/Tatars. I haven't got sources to prove that but It seems quite logical taking into account fascination of oriental fashion in other parts of Commonwealth.

And what do you think about husaria models?
    Last edited by Wareg; November 09, 2012 at 05:25 AM.

I can't help it, have to say something. Komatozz, please listen to us. Wareg is right.

We don't have many reliable sources or evidence. It's a matter of fact that even sources dating from that period - or any other for that matter - aren't always reliable as well.

Therefore the only choice we have are contemporary sources. You've given us ONE (one!!!) source only! Cossack clothing in the mod like it is now is based on your source.

But what about all the other sources that we've given you? Why in God's name do you think that your source is reliable and the rest is crap? Tell me why.

You don't have any arguments. It's 1 source (yours) against hundreds of others. And you're still thinking you're right. Damn, sorry man! Your arrogance is over the top!

Well guys since this time i'll never discuss about cossacks!!! I'm alone here in the forum our reserchers and others that deal with cossacks concept never discussing here (exept for Apps that once been here http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...=547321&page=5 he could say more than me) and i can't deliver all the materials about concept to you, i cant translate it etc... if we could speak in one language polish or russian we would discuss, but for me is difficult to explain most thinks that i would want...

so, we have consept that based on reserching of many people who made OiM1, M&B OiM and others from (dont forget it) ukranian Sich forum and materials that reserchers community in Ukrain did (who than they could now better), we think its right concept and we do mod with this concept, if somebody think different its normal, i dont mind, just wait for release mod and may be you'll change you mind ore can change something in mod as you wish....

if anybody wanna discuss welcome to our forum: http://empiretw.ru/board/index.php?act=idx
    http://empiretw.ru/board/index.php?s...7&st=0&start=0 you can discuss in english there and i hope take answers that you want about consept, and see sources etc.

p.s. i never wanna be arrogance, really)) is just problems with language... thats it.....
    Last edited by komatozz911; November 09, 2012 at 09:22 AM.