Page 1 of 44 123456789101126 ... LastLast

Thread: With Fire and Sword 2 (Огнем и Мечом (II) 2: Total War ) !!!!RELEASE!!!! v 0.9.2 BETA

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    SHREDDER's Avatar Creator CoW, TATW, WF&S

Default With Fire and Sword 2 (Огнем и Мечом (II) 2: Total War ) !!!!RELEASE!!!! v 0.9.2 BETA

Огнем и Мечом (II) 2: Total War
    (With Fire and Sword 2 (English), Ogniem i Mieczem II (Polish))

OiM II (With Fire and Sword II) develops ideas of precursor and in many respects similiar to it. Some aspects of the mod stays the same, but many of them will change. Another engine of Medieval II and later date of campaign start (first With Fire and Sword 2: Total War started in the year of 1569 , this mod starts in 1618) - not only factors that affects the difference. Who played in first WFaS, of course, will feel nostalgia, and it'll be almost completely new to rookie players. There are many interesting stuff prepared for both categories of players.

Story of With Fire and Sword 2 unfolds in 17 - 18 centuries, to be exact, since 1618 till 1700 year. While plaing we'll take part in many conflicts and try on the crown of one of many rulers of that time period. There is wide choice of them, because WfaS II map covers the territory from central Germany in the West to Caspian Sea in the East, and from Sweden in the North to Siria in the South.

Playable factions in this mod's assemblage:
    • Russian State
    • Zaporizhian Sich
    • Polish Crown
    • Grand Duchy of Lithuania
    • Duchy of Brandenburg-Prussia
    • Neapolitan Kingdom
    • Republic of Venice
    • Electorate of Saxony
    • Archduch of Austria
    • Swedish Kingdom
    • Danish-Norway Union
    • Principality of Transilvania
    • Crimean Khanate
    • Duchy of Kurland and Zemgale
    • Osman Empire
    • Safavids Empire

As we see in the states roster - total war geography will be wide enough. In WfaS II you can easily simulate events of 30 years war, establishment of Zaporizhian Sich, Osman's invasion into Balkan, "The Deluge", First Nothern War and much more at the same time. Though no one forces you to keep histiricity, and, for example, playing for the Sweden you can attack Safavids on the other side of the map...however, restoration of authenticity of that age, of course, become main visiting card of the mod. It's impossible in single campaighn to prevent AI actions and to negotiate with it, but plaing Hot-seat it is possible to play few local histical wars at the same time in one campaign! This is a gift for Hot-Seat players and fans of histirical reconstruction indeed.

Sure, each faction has it's own advantages and disadvantages, own features, unique troop tree , mentioning all of them needs separate article.

As we said before, developers reconstructed atmosphere and historical likelihood very considerably. In WfaS II there are likelihood local map with existed at that
    moment towns, armies, warlords.

FACTION DESCRIPTION

Factions: Having looked into main mod's gameplay features, we examine playable factions, theirs positions at that moment on the strategic map. Lets have a look!

Duchy of Brandenburg-Prussia
    Faction lider - Ioann Sigismund 45 years old, Prince - elector
    4 provinces from the start: Kenigsberg, Kwidzyn, Friedeburg, Berlin (Capital).

Neapolitan Kingdom
    Faction lider - Pedro Ribera Duke of Osuna - 50 years old - Viceroy
    5 provinces from the start: Rome (Capital), Naples, Bari, Valetta, Palermo

Republic of Venice
    Faction lider - Francesko Kontarini- 59 years old, Doge
    8 provinces from the start: Venice (Capital), Naksos, Zadar, Spalato, Dubrovnik, Kotor, Korfu, Candia.

Electorate of Saxony
    Faction lider - Иоганн Георг I - 33 years old, Prince - elector.
    2 provinces from the start: Leipzig, Dresden (Capital).

Archduchy of Austria
    Faction lider - Ferdinand II, Emperor of Holy Roman Empire
    13 provinces from the start: Kottbus, Breslau, Oppeln, Plsen, Brno, Bozen, Wien (Capital), Pressburg, Klagenfurt, Graz, Ljubljana, Nagykanizsa, Agram

Swedish Kingdom
    Faction lider - Karl IX - 69 years old, King
    12 provinces from the start: Stogholm (Capital), Evle, Falun, Karlstad, Kalmar,
    Abo, Helsingfors, Revel, Narva, Vyborg, Korela, Noteborg.

Russian State
    Faction lider - Filareth (Fedor Nikitich Romanov) 58 years old, Great Prince, Patriarch.
    24 provinces from the start: Pskov, Novgorod, Olonec, Rzev, Vologda, Yaroslavl, Kostroma, Tver, Moscow (Capital), Vladimir, Nizhny Novgorod, Vyatka, Kazan, Samara, Saratov, Astrakhan, Idarey, Pereyaslavl-Ryazanskiy, Mozhaisk, Kaluga, Tula, Bryansk, Elets, Kursk.

Osman Empire
    Faction lider: Ahmed I - 34 years old, Sultan
    39 provinces from the start: Eger, Buda, Osiek, Temeshvar, Baniya-Luka, Bosna-Sarai, Belgrad, Nisa, Iskanderi, Vidin, Silistriya, Akkerman, Osi-Кale (Ochakov), Kasikermen, Kapha, Azak-Kale, Filibe, Edrine, Selanik (Phessaloniki), Yanina, Egishekhir, Korinph, Istanbul (Capital), Izmit, Aphion-Karakhikar, Manisa, Izmir, Rodos, Adaliya, Koniya, Sivas, Sinop, Samsun, Trabzon, Erzurum, Akhalcikhe, Van, Famagusta, Damasck.

Safavids Empire
    Faction lider - Abbas I - 46 years old, Shah
    10 provinces from the start: Terki, Ghremi, Tbilisi, Ganca, Kars, Erivan,
    Naxcivan, Tebreeze (Capital), Mosul, Bagdad.

Danish-Norway Union
    Faction lider - Christian IV - 40 years old, King
    7 provinces from the start: Christiania, Visby, Arsenburg, Olborg, Lund, Copenhagen (Capital), Kiel.

Polish Crown
    Faction lider - Sigismund III - 51 years old, King
    25 provinces from the start: Gdansk, Elblag, Chelmno, Poznan, Sieradz, Warszawa (Capital), Drohiczyn, Ljublin, Chelm, krakow, Lutsk, Pereyaslavl, Lviv, Kamenetz, Zhitomir, Braclaw, Uman, Korsun, Kiev, Lubny, Poltava, Bila Cerkwa, Chernigov.

Principality of Transilvania
    Faction lider - Bethlen Gábor - 37 years old, Prince.
    6 provinces from the start: Várad, Munkacs, Sziget, Kolozsvar (Capital), Gyulafehérvár, Marosvаsаrhely.

Crimean Khanate
    Faction lider - Selâme tI Geray - 64 years old, Khan.
    4 стартовые провинции: Bagcasaray (Capital), Perekop, Kopyl, Razdory.

Duchy of Kurland and Zemgale
    Faction lider - Wilghelm - 42 years old, Duke.
    1 province from the start: Mitau (Capital).

Grand Duchy of Lithuania
    Faction lider - Jan Karol Chodkiewicz - 57 years old, Great Hetman of Lituania.
    16 provinces from the start: Derpt (Yuriev), Riga, Варни, Trakai, Dynaburg, Vilno (Capital), Polotsk, Vitebsk, Smolensk, Mogilev, Minsk, Novogradok, Slutsk, Pinsk, Homel, Berestie.

Zaporizhian Sich
    Faction lider - Petr Sagaidachny - 45 years old, Koshevoy Ataman.
    2 provinces from the start: Samara, Sich (Capital).

SCREENSHOTS

Screenshots
    Russian State

West Europe

Zaporizhian Sich

Polish Crown

More screenshots of units 1 and 2

Our forum.

As you can see, modmakers included in WfaS II almost every state, that affected political situation and redivision of the world at this time period. Developers artfully keep balance between histirical authenticity and gameplay, not allowing historical thoroughness to interfere game balance and vice-versa. We know many mods, that developers made boring and uninteresting to play in, trying to get
    absolute historical authenticity. Fortunately, this mod is far from it.

Credits:
    Used elements of of models and textures (permission is obtained)
    • Mod ŤOgniem i Mieczem: Total Warť
    • Mod ŤWarhammer: TW (Call of Warhammer)ť
    • Mod ŤRussichi:TWť
    • Mod МиБ ŤAge of turbulenceť
    • Mod ŤYaroslavichiť
    • Mod ŤLithuania modť
    • Mod ŤFor King Or Countryť
    • Mod ŤXVII век: Dominium Maris Balticiť
    • Игра ŤMount & Blade: Oгнем и Мечомť (WFaS: Mount & Blade)

DOWNLOAD v 0.9.2 BETA with English translation

fix for english version of game: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...ubmod-amp-Fix-!
    Last edited by komatozz911; March 17, 2013 at 01:19 AM.
    3Dmodeller for Call of Warhammer Third Age With Fire and Sword 2 Hetmanat

Bes
    t Ukrainian site and forum Sich TotalWarS totalwar.fun/board/

Alkimachos's Avatar EoR Modeller

Default Re: With Fire and Sword 2 (Огнем и Мечом (II) 2: Total War )

Great quality of the models... Good luck!

East of Rome Co - Leader / Modeller of Asia ton Barbaron / Ex beta tester of Roma Surrectum

Looking good (pretty much exactly like M&B WFaS, obviously, but that's not a bad thing unless it leads to copyright issues), and I'm looking forward to it.

I like the time period, and if FKoC is any indication, pike & shot works out rather well on the Medieval 2 engine.

YES!!!!!! This is the best news possible! I am still playing OiM for RTW and its a fantastic mod! This will be excellent!

Looking good (pretty much exactly like M&B WFaS, obviously, but that's not a bad thing unless it leads to copyright issues), and I'm looking forward to it.
    I don't think Paradox holds a monopoly over the name. After all, it's based on the historic novel by Henryk Sienkiewicz and it is a distinct period in history. That's like saying LOTR mods can't exist due to copyright, but worse, since this is a real historical context.
    Last edited by atheniandp; June 28, 2012 at 09:05 AM.
    The whole modern world has divided itself into Conservatives and Progressives. The business of Progressives is to go on making mistakes. The business of the Conservatives is to prevent the mistakes from being corrected. - G.K. CHESTERTON

jackx, all the models from M&B WFaS made by SHREDDER)) copyright issues is ok))

I am the author of all the models and textures from M&B WFaS

Bes

paradamed's Avatar Praepositus

Quote Originally Posted by MrrRandomDude View Post
    I like how you took the Models from Mount and Blade
    Quote Originally Posted by komatozz911 View Post
    jackx, all the models from M&B WFaS made by SHREDDER)) copyright issues is ok))
    Quote Originally Posted by SHREDDER View Post
    I am the author of all the models and textures from M&B WFaS
    MrrRandomDude, read the whole thread, pls.
    Last edited by paradamed; June 29, 2012 at 11:47 AM.

With regard to factions etc., according to the description it's not meant as a carbon copy of RTW's OiM and has a later start date. To me, that's just one more reason to be eagerly waiting for both releases (this and Granto' s OiM), not favouring one over the other.

The Holy Pilgrim's Avatar In Memory of Blackomur
    Citizen

Awesome work, you guys!

+rep

paradamed's Avatar Praepositus

Great news Shredder! I always wanted to play this mod in a more suitable engine than RTW. Not to mention the possibility of details is much greater. Beautiful preview!

Guys, there's the whole team working over this mod. My contribution was models and textures, as well as some help in unit polishing. komatozz911 was assembling units.
    It's my omission - I should have included the list of the team members ...

Bes

That's good to hear about the models, and a big thanks to Shredder for making them, both for M&B WFaS and now for this, with some nice additions/modifications like the new reiter helmets.

I like how you took the Models from Mount and Blade

Wallachian's Avatar Citizen

Looking very good. As atheniandp I'm still waiting to play the Rome version which is almost ready thanks to Granto's efforts to revamp it and include the English translation. It's a bit dissappointing that unlike the Rome version this one lacks the Principalities of Wallachia and Moldova. But hopefully, as komatozz mentioned they will be implemented in future versions.

Yes, I hope all the factions from the original will make it in eventually. One of the great things about OiM for RTW was playing as the smaller and often overlooked principalities. Judging by the map if these factions were to make it in there would basically be no more rebel factions; which is fantastic.
    The whole modern world has divided itself into Conservatives and Progressives. The business of Progressives is to go on making mistakes. The business of the Conservatives is to prevent the mistakes from being corrected. - G.K. CHESTERTON

I wasn't being a I really do like how you got your models from M&B and apparently you are the author of them.

T&D's Avatar Vicarius

There are any polish people in your team???
    Waiting for mod

no polish... only from USSR)))

Kuroi's Avatar Civis

These hussar models from M&B WFaS are terrible! You'd better look after the ones from The Deluge mod for Warband, these are much better.

Good job:-). Husaria looks really great. But I have a qestion. Which cavalery is the strongest in this mod??

Page 1 of 44 123456789101126 ... LastLast