Page 31 of 44 FirstFirst ... 6212223242526272829303132333435363738394041 ... LastLast

Thread: With Fire and Sword 2 (Огнем и Мечом (II) 2: Total War ) !!!!RELEASE!!!! v 0.9.2 BETA

Default Re: With Fire and Sword 2 (Огнем и Мечом (II) 2: Total War ) !!!!RELEASE!!!! v 0.9.2 BETA

Quote Originally Posted by Skocajic_DUX View Post
    Thank you my friend!!!...... the game works so fine....and look freekin` good.... I have only one problem...letters in the menu bar completely doesn`t show...did you have the same?
    I'm happy that it worked for you. It is weird that menu bar doesn't show.
    Have you tried going into Virtual Store and deleting the whole Medieval II Total War folder?
    Don't worry, it won't delete the actual game, it is only a backup folder for info and savegame for your m2tw.

Default Re: With Fire and Sword 2 (Огнем и Мечом (II) 2: Total War ) !!!!RELEASE!!!! v 0.9.2 BETA

Molashkre, thank you! good info, will wait for units... would you show some pictures?

Aide-de-camp, when its done)) we have a lot of work and its difficult to say when... in this time we done about half of content for next patch..

Laetus

İt really seems as an amazing mod. But i couldnt manage to run it with english text and i am having a lot of crashes trying to get to some menus i tried segrek's mod it didnt help either.İ am fan of both total war and mount and blade so i must play this help me out guys .(Btw which movie is the trailer i really would like to see it too.)

Same trouble here, and absolutely no way to fix it in a satisfying way. However it is still a beta release, and we got to respect his choice to release it in his mother tongue primarily. So lets wait for stable release.

Quote Originally Posted by Cello View Post
    İt really seems as an amazing mod. But i couldnt manage to run it with english text and i am having a lot of crashes trying to get to some menus i tried segrek's mod it didnt help either.İ am fan of both total war and mount and blade so i must play this help me out guys .(Btw which movie is the trailer i really would like to see it too.)
    look my submod page again. i put there new way. that will help you. please install your game english

Laetus

Well i guess i ll have to learn playing it in russian or learn russian while a stable version is out

komatozz911,here they are
    Imeretian units:

Infantry
    1.Qudze Katsi-Threats coming from Persia and Ottoman empire are not easy to expell for kingdom with comparatively small population.It's not strange case for Georgians,who always try to have some military skills and often do physical exercises,as Italian missionary,Arcangelo Lamberti depicts in "Descriptions of Colkhida".So,sometimes,King or prince orders to every able-bodied men,to take up arms and fight for their state.These men are last reserve of Lashqari,given some exercise in shooting and melee fighting,are best when standing behind gunners and powering missile fire.Light infantry with bows,swords and shields.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Qudze kaci,on right top,By Cristoforo De Castelli (1600–1695)

2.Mtieli Msrolelebi-Highlander shooters.Georgian-controled part of Caucassus is populated with proud and fierce highlanders(Mtielebi),having no feudal organisation.They are organised in clan-like system,divided in Khevis(litterally,ravine),lead by elected rulers,Khevisberis,which are also military leaders.Also,regiments of ten,hundred and so on are lead by elected commanders(Metauri),which are usually reknowned and veteran experienced warriors.They are exempted from taxes in exchange of guarding northern borders.As in lowland,here youths are trained by Mematrakhe,but trainer and "recruit" might have relative conections,as in lowlands too,sometimes fathers try to learn their children some military skills.Hunting,also competitions in marksmanship and highlanders' swordsmanship("Kechnaoba") gives them oportunity,to get experience and knowledge about individual martial arts.Light infantry gunners,good at skirmishing and unexpected attacks from ambush.

Here's special equipment for movement and fighting in snowy areas.

Soldiers and officers

3.Msakhureuli Metopheebi-Msakhureuli gunners.Therm "Msakhureuli/Msakhuri" was used to designate non-noble social groups with military obligations,which formed the backbone of the army.In these century,Msakhuris were represented with chosen peasants,one from per household,also retinues(Amala) of feudals.Kings and feudals realised,that properly trained peasants could overwhelm noble class wariors.Also,They needed manpower because of permament wars against foreign campaigns and each other.Subsequently,every peasant household (Komli) become obligated to provide one man for king/Prince during the peace.These peasants were trained and equipped by special trainers(Mematrakhe),which were veteran warriors and NCOs of Georgian army.Mematrakhe trained recruits in manoeuvres,horsemanship,marksmanship,swordsmapship and lanceplay,also they participated in games and hunts,organized by Monadiretukhucesi(hunters' chief).Recruits were irregulars,but after releasing from service,feudals gathered them on every Sunday in military camps(Samkhedro Banaki) to retrain them and check their equipment.There were not only soldiers in Lashqari.Many Msakhureuli performed his duties,as blacksmith,baker,wine keeper,cook and so on.Soldiers had own code,Zneobani(skills of honor),by which was the ideal soldier drawn:skillfull using of weapon,courageous,fair,keeping secret,educated and so on.These men are equipped with firearms,clad in Chokhas and are trained in individual marksmanship and close combat.They proved their effectiveness in cooperated actions with lancers,when they stormed Ottoman and Crimean forces in 1609,in battle of Tashiskari.After several volleys of fire,smoke covered lancers charge,they routed larger Ottoman army with their Crimean allays.

Only the second from left

4.Metsikhovneebi-Garrison soldiers.Sardali(general) often picked appropriate number of soldiers from Msakhuris to serve in most important fortresses.These were most experienced soldiers,trained better,than other soldiers from Sadrosho,because of regular standing in castle or military camp (Samkhedro Banaki) for a while.Clad in mail and armed with guns and swords,these soldiers received salaries(Rochiki),before they were back to home,while replaced with other soldiers.Also,rulers of cities(Tavadi,or Bishop,or Kings himself) formed units of garrisons from citizens(Moqalaqeni).Metsikhovneebi were lead by office of Cikhistavi,with help of trainers(Mematrakhe) and chancellors(Mdivanbegi).

5.Mtieli Qveitebi-Highlander infantry.Clad in light mail armour,Armed with bows and swords,these men are prepared for storming castles or destroing enemy lines with devastating charges.Excelent melee capabilities.

6.Mechuglugeebi-Halberdiers and axemen.These men are part of garrison(Cikhioni/Metsikhovneebi),clad in mail and armed with Georgian(Chuglugi),Turkish,or Persian axes and halberds.

Modern reconstruction

Cavalry
    1.Moisarta Mkhedrioni-Horse archers' company.Therm "Msakhureuli/Msakhuri" was used to designate non-noble social groups with military obligations,which formed the backbone of the army.In these century,Msakhuris were represented with chosen peasants,one from per household,also retinues(Amala) of feudals.Kings and feudals realised,that properly trained peasants could overwhelm noble class wariors.Also,They needed manpower because of permament wars against foreign campaigns and each other.Subsequently,every peasant household (Komli) become obligated to provide one man for king/Prince during the peace.These peasants were trained and equipped by special trainers(Mematrakhe),which were veteran warriors and NCOs of Georgian army.Mematrakhe trained recruits in manoeuvres,horsemanship,marksmanship,swordsmapship and lanceplay,also they participated in games and hunts,organized by Monadiretukhucesi(hunters' chief).Recruits were irregulars,but after releasing from service,feudals gathered them on every Sunday in military camps(Samkhedro Banaki) to retrain them and check their equipment.There were not only soldiers in Lashqari.Many Msakhureuli performed his duties,as blacksmith,baker,wine keeper,cook and so on.Soldiers had own code,Zneobani(skills of honor),by which was the ideal soldier drawn:skillfull using of weapon,courageous,fair,keeping secret,educated and so on.Light horse archers,armed with bow,lance,(sabre) and buckler,they are good for reconnaissanse,skirmish,harrassing,ambushing,also supporting lancers charge,when is need.

During the training

You can see Mematrakhe(litterally,the one,who wields whip) trainer on horse,with jaguar

2.Shubosanta Mkhedrioni-Lancers' company.Therm "Msakhureuli/Msakhuri" was used to designate non-noble social groups with military obligations,which formed the backbone of the army.In these century,Msakhuris were represented with chosen peasants,one from per household,also retinues(Amala) of feudals.Kings and feudals realised,that properly trained peasants could overwhelm noble class wariors.Also,They needed manpower because of permament wars against foreign campaigns and each other.Subsequently,every peasant household (Komli) become obligated to provide one man for king/Prince during the peace.These peasants were trained and equipped by special trainers(Mematrakhe),which were veteran warriors and NCOs of Georgian army.Mematrakhe trained recruits in manoeuvres,horsemanship,marksmanship,swordsmapship and lanceplay,also they participated in games and hunts,organized by Monadiretukhucesi(hunters' chief).Recruits were irregulars,but after releasing from service,feudals gathered them on every Sunday in military camps(Samkhedro Banaki) to retrain them and check their equipment.There were not only soldiers in Lashqari.Many Msakhureuli performed his duties,as blacksmith,baker,wine keeper,cook and so on.Soldiers had own code,Zneobani(skills of honor),by which was the ideal soldier drawn:skillfull using of weapon,courageous,fair,keeping secret,educated and so on.Well protected light shock cavalry,best in immediate attacks from flanks and rear,experts in lanceplay and close combat.Frequently used on prepared unexpectable concentrated attacks.Armored in light chainmails and helmets,armed with lances,sabres,maces,axes,metal shields.

During the training

3.Mtielta MKhedroba-Georgian-controled part of Caucassus is populated with proud and fierce highlanders(Mtielebi),having no feudal organisation.They are organised in clan-like system,divided in Khevis(litterally,ravine),lead by elected rulers,Khevisberis,which are also military leaders.Also,regiments of ten,hundred and so on are lead by elected commanders(Metauri),which are usually reknowned and veteran experienced warriors.They are exempted from taxes in exchange of guarding northern borders.As in lowland,here youths are trained by Mematrakhe,but trainer and "recruit" might have relative conections,as in lowlands too,sometimes fathers try to learn their children some military skills.Competitions in horse riding(Doghi) and swordsmanship(Kechnaoba) gives this men skill and experience of light horseman.Light cavalry,good in ambushing.Clad in light chainmail,armed with swords and shields.

4.Aznaurta Mkhedroba-The officers of the army were professional soldiers-Aznauris,nobles,which had specific military education(reconaiscence,strategy and tactis,commanding,training and using weapons of course),mixed of Georgian,Old Greek,Byzantine,Persian,Arabian and Turkish military traditions.Also,they had as best civil education(history,math,astrology,reading-writing and so on)as they could get in that epoch.They had special trainers,called Gamzrdeli.Sardali appointed them as commander of ten(Atistavi),hundred(Asistavi),five hundred(Razmistavi) and thousand(Atasistavi).Also,they formed separate units of heavy cavalry of heavy lancers and heavy horse archers.Armored in heavy mail armors,sometimes reinforced with metal pieces,clothe over it,called Almagi.Wearing arm and leg protectors and helms,sometimes with mail mask.Armed with lances,swords,shield,bows,maces and axes.Useful for powerful charges.Make two units:Heavy horse archers and lancers.
    Spoiler for as an unit

Spoiler for as officers

Officer of light cavalry

Officer of musketers

5.Monaspa-Elite unit.First appeared after the reforms of David IV(1089-1125),as a regular unit.Monaspa gradually changed,main progress was in armament of course,also tactics of using it.Formed from Mephe's(King's) own Aznauris and Msakhuris,they are most experienced and best trained soldiers,who are also well versed in commanding units,in tactics and so on.They were paid with Sargo and Rochiki(with food and money).Clad in mailed Chokhas and armed with pistols and sabres,they're the best corps in Georgian army.Sardali(general) also could form similar units from his own nobles and peasants.So,can be used as general bodyguard.

The last one just for another example of mailed Chokha

Artillery
    The field light artillery was very popular in Georgia.Though few in number,they were extensively used in many battles and sieges.Artillery corps(Topchi,Mezarbazneebi) were part of royal army(Samepho Lashqari),they were paid same way,as monaspa.Artillerymen were freed from taxes and any feudal obligations,they were professionals,trained well in Turkish,Persian,or Russian order.This age,many special literature about gunpowder began spreading in Caucassus,so this corps don't lack knowledge in their pursuit.

I've provided some pics from a little bit late century,also,there are some photos.

Spoiler for General info about army:
    Last edited by molashkre; February 18, 2013 at 05:36 AM.

Great!!! Thank you for info, we will use it...))
    meteor above my city Chelyabinsk 15.02.2013:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tJOJ6B2XOyA

This is a little weird to explain but I've got a problem that didn't happen before. For some reason the game crashes when I click on the grand campaign button. As I stated before, this didn't happen at the beginning so I can still play my Swedish, Russian and Brandenburg saves.

Also, the English translations in really incomplete, basically it's just the menu that's translated. I don't know if there's been a newer version released but I think this is the one.

PS: Make a feedback and FAQ thread xD

can some1 make a torrent-dl for the mode....the links from the russian site are on some sites with limited dl speed and it takes ~3 hours for just a part

Default Re: With Fire and Sword 2 (Огнем и Мечом (II) 2: Total War ) !!!!RELEASE!!!! v 0.9 BETA

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    When fighting a battle, part of the HUD is copied into the upper right hand corner of the screen. It's very annoying and I'm not sure what's causing it.
    having same problem as Rick with the hud, installed game english translation then the sub mod and fix and otherwise works fine apart for the annoying hud in top right of screen any way to fix? other than that excellent mod great work.

SHREDDER's Avatar Creator CoW, TATW, WF&S

English translation 0.9.2 of 23.02.2013

• Unpack the archive in mods\OiM2\data\text
    • Before starting to remove bin files and map.rwm
    3Dmodeller for Call of Warhammer Third Age With Fire and Sword 2 Hetmanat

Bes
    t Ukrainian site and forum Sich TotalWarS totalwar.fun/board/

Quote Originally Posted by SHREDDER View Post
    English translation 0.9.2 of 23.02.2013

• Unpack the archive in mods\OiM2\data\text
    • Before starting to remove bin files and map.rwm

Sorted thanks, now with the aid of Scottish mercenaries, away to play a Kurland campaign
    Cheers

Well. I tried to download your recent English translation, but it's so invasive I had to cancel. Can't you upload to a more reputable site?

Just wondering, how is the more detailed English trans coming along?

Quote Originally Posted by WarlordZ View Post
    Just wondering, how is the more detailed English trans coming along?
    my Kurland campaign is progressing slowly mainly due to me reading the previously cyrilic unit descriptions exellent work and fasinating history. however i eventualy started a battle and the HUD problem was back do i have to delete the bin. files again or is there a file i could delete?
    cheers

Quote Originally Posted by pictish01 View Post
    my Kurland campaign is progressing slowly mainly due to me reading the previously cyrilic unit descriptions exellent work and fasinating history. however i eventualy started a battle and the HUD problem was back do i have to delete the bin. files again or is there a file i could delete?
    cheers
    OK deleted all the bin files and tried again, only to realize that the "Ghost" HUD only appears after you click anywhere on the real HUD, is there a fix?

has the translation been fixed yet?

pictish01, would you post screen with your problem?
    meteor above my city Chelyabinsk 15.02.2013:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tJOJ6B2XOyA

Quote Originally Posted by komatozz911 View Post
    pictish01, would you post screen with your problem?