Thread: Isengard Campaign - All out War

Default Isengard Campaign - All out War

So for 3.2 decided to be my first evil faction and choose Isengard mainly becaise they have some great troops and right in the thick of it.

I have been going well, secure Tharbad on the Isen, in a standoff with High Elves and OOTM & OOG have been decimating Eriador for me. So I concentrated on the tough task of destroying Rohan (now complete) and in the process got the ring at Helms Deep.

I thought it prudent to take it to Sauron and decided to go via Rammas as opposed to the marshes as its so slow. Sadly a Mordor stack blocked the route and I had to go long way round back over the marshes before slowly slowly creeping towards the Black gate.

Sadly the turns run out before I crawled to it and Sauron and all his minions declared war on me! An invasion was called for Isengard which has been great as I am strong right now and am fending it off. Been a tough slog but I'll complete it soon despite being at war with everyone bar SE & Dwarves! Have really enjoyed playing as Isengard and I really love the fact that the Capital really is the powerhouse of the faction. Everything centres on it.

Some questions and advice -

Does anyone know smarter ways of negotiating paths when neutral or allied stacks are in the way?
    Now that one of my generals has kept the ring - other than the characteristics it says it offers, does it have any major impact in battles. Not yet fought with this General?
    Now that Sauron has outcast me, do people think its cool to try and build friendship with "good factions"?

Going to be hard to win some round but have warmed up the Silvian Elves!

Default Re: Isengard Campaign - All out War

You should go the lore-ish way. As I understand it, Saruman wanted power for himself. He would betray both 'good' and Sauron in his quest for dominance.

A new power is rising, its victory is at hand.
    Leave none alive, to war!

I think the Ring effects are rather underwhelming. Yes, the character becomes a great general, but I can get just as good generals without having the Ring. There should be more campaign value to having the Ring, especially if a Maia like Saruman has it. For example, an auto-bribe of the Nazgul generals. With the Ruling Ring he should be able to control them.

I completed it today and all of my campaigns it compels me the most to carry on and dominate the whole of Middle Earth.

Its shame that once "gone rogue" I can't transfer the ring to my main General, the movement points render the General almost useless!

It would be cool if traits of the ring change according to faction and where in the timeline.

I know there's a mod out there that lets you take control of the Nazgul, gives you a big cash bonus, and unlocks unique units for you if you're Isengard and choose to keep the ring. Sadly, it sounds like you're past that stage. It's a shame- really silly when stupid game mechanics stop you from doing something important like that.