Thread: Ran No Jidai Developers Journal

Obi Wan Asterix's Avatar IN MEDIO STAT VIRTUS
    Somewhere in a lost valley in the Italian Alps

Default Ran No Jidai Developers Journal

Dear Fans,

All the content of this thread is unofficial, and is just to show you a glimpse of our progress:

We appologize for the long delay but as it turns out Japan is not easy to map... it took months to iron out the "too much water" bug.

We went through three map makers and finally Uranos (give him rep if you see him) has managed to get the bugless map out.

Here are some screenshots of the map, although not so exiting at first site... placing the cities and rivers on it already under way.

RNJ is looking for a strategy map moddeler and a good text editor and a skinner to reskin the basic units for different factions - If interested in helping please PM Kagemusha.

A view of the Osaka area:

A glimpse of the Central North:

The Kanot Plain ready for the fiercest battles!

Ise-wan:

Mount-Fuji

A quiet rain of arrows:

Engagement!

Eastern Shikoku:
    All are welcome to relax at Asterix's Campagnian Villa with its Vineyard and Scotchbarrel
    Prefer to stay at home? Try Asterix's Megamamoth FM2010 Update
    Progeny of the retired Great Acutulus (If you know who he is you have been at TWC too long) and wooer of fine wombs to spawn 21 curial whining snotslingers and be an absentee daddy to them

Longest Serving Staff Member of TWC under 3 Imperators** 1st Speaker of the House ** Original RTR Team Member (until 3.2) ** Knight of Saint John ** RNJ, Successors, & Punic Total War Team Member

TROM 3 Team - Founder of Ken no Jikan **** Back with a modding vengeance! Yes I will again promise to take on the work of 5 mods and dissapear!

Default Re: Ran No Jidai Developers Journal

It must be very challenging to fight and make a good strategy in those montainous lands.

einherjer's Avatar Laetus

I'm so glad that this mod hasn't died, I really thought it would a few weeks ago! Please go on guys, this has been the mod I have wanted to play the most since the beginning!!!
    Member of S.I.N.

Wild Bill Kelso's Avatar Protist Slayer

Patience is a virtue, good things take time plus it is summer, and I imagine that the members who are responsible the work are wanting to enjoy it rather than being stuck in front of a computer all day.
    Still here since December 2002
    At sometime I patronized all these old bums:Necrobrit, Sulla, Scrappy Jenks, eldaran, Oldgamer, Ecthelion,Kagemusha, and adopted these bums: Battle Knight, Obi Wan Asterixand Muizer

Obi Wan Asterix's Avatar IN MEDIO STAT VIRTUS
    Somewhere in a lost valley in the Italian Alps

Check out or new preview just posted....

RNJ is alive and kicking.
    All are welcome to relax at Asterix's Campagnian Villa with its Vineyard and Scotchbarrel
    Prefer to stay at home? Try Asterix's Megamamoth FM2010 Update
    Progeny of the retired Great Acutulus (If you know who he is you have been at TWC too long) and wooer of fine wombs to spawn 21 curial whining snotslingers and be an absentee daddy to them

Longest Serving Staff Member of TWC under 3 Imperators** 1st Speaker of the House ** Original RTR Team Member (until 3.2) ** Knight of Saint John ** RNJ, Successors, & Punic Total War Team Member

TROM 3 Team - Founder of Ken no Jikan **** Back with a modding vengeance! Yes I will again promise to take on the work of 5 mods and dissapear!

I'll stop playing everygame for this when it comes out.

Today i was fixing the custom battle locations,here are some screenshots.Thanks to Prome we now have these amazing grass textures!

Here are couple custom battle locations:

Satomi troops staring at the Kanto plain

Cavalry skirmish between Takeda and Uesugi troops under Mount Saijo at Kawakanajima.

And Takeda riders in the nice new grass made by Prom.

More to follow... :original:

-Kage
    Last edited by Kagemusha; July 23, 2006 at 04:34 PM.

Atterdag's Avatar Tro og Håb

Very nice
    The Satomi Teppo Ashigurai are kickass.
    Last edited by Atterdag; July 23, 2006 at 05:36 PM.
    Granted Lettre de Marque by King Henry V - Spurs given by imb39
    Сканија је Данска

عیسی پسر مریم گفت :' جهان است پل ، عبور بیش از آن است ، اما هیچ ساخت خانه بر آن او امیدوار است که برای یک روز ، ممکن است برای ابدیت امیدواریم ، اما ماندگار جهان اما ساعت آن را صرف در دعا و نماز برای استراحت است نهان

All of the Balkans is not worth the bones of a single Pomeranian grenadier.
    Otto von Bismarck

Legio Canada's Avatar Laetus

there are mpre people than i can count who are looking forward 2 this mod guys, this is what tw is all about... giv'er hell
    VERITAS VINCIT

Isostran's Avatar Foederatus

Im really looking forward to this MOD. I installed the old STW and it just didnt compair to the RTW graphics and gameplay. Hope to see this soon Good work BTW!

I just discovered your mod project. I was waiting for Hegemonia to get finished and now that I see this, wow! This mod looks fantastic!!! I was hoping very much someone would pick up the theme of feudal Japan for RTW.

I read in the thread of some delay due to burnout. I have worked on mod projects for other games before and know all about modder's burnout. If I may suggest, don't worry about time consuming extras like posting faction previews, teaser videos, and a web site. It's great to give the fans a taste while they wait, but it really only slows down progress.

Keep up the good work! This project looks great!!!!