Thread: Adding new models

gazda's Avatar Laetus

Default Adding new models

Is it possible to make your own item(model) and import it in the game?

gazda's Avatar Laetus

Default Re: Adding new models

so... is it possible?

Im asking cause i see there arent any overhaul mods

Junaidi83 de Bodemloze's Avatar Dont Mess With Me

hmm i new too but i am sure its possible ,see kojiro mod ? or something like shaolin mod, or weapon double stick , the answer is YES, but how to do ??? it still big question
    Modding is like accursed wine, you try a sip and you ended empty the whole glass
    Under Proud Patronage of Shankbot de Bodemloze

Yes, there is even a tutorial on how to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ygge View Post
    Yes, there is even a tutorial on how to do it.
    Hi Ygge, could you link to that tutorial i failed to find it.

tell respected and whether the model of the Shogun 2 edit
    Blender 3D?
    or current 3d max possible?

wangrin's Avatar Unguibus et Rostro
    Patrician Artifex

To import model in game you will have to use converters provide by CA (cf. CA tools kit).
    They only work with 3ds max 2009 and 2010, but you can use those software for free, thanks to Autodesk Education Community (http://students.autodesk.com/) and as long as you use it for non-commercial purpose.

You can create your model with any software of your choice and import models into 3ds max as .fbx.
    Then, you can save the model as .max file and use converters.

« Le courage, c’est de ne pas subir la loi du mensonge triomphant qui passe, et de ne pas faire écho de notre âme, de notre bouche et de nos mains aux applaudissements imbéciles et aux huées fanatiques.. » Jean JAURES

ie current in 3d max
    and that there nekak skriptadlya import 3D models in a blender?

Indefinitely Banned
    The western part of an Island They thought a kind of Coffee...

If you just want to add new rigidmodels, Primergy's Method works:
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=413091

Patrician Artifex

But if you want to create real new models, with their own collision model (cs2.parsed) and EFlines (for garrisonable buildings and ships), you will have to use 3ds max and CA converter tools.

You can also convert (export) models from S2TW/FotS using Ultimate Unwrap 3D + ETW plugin (work with ETW/NTW/S2TW file formats).
    The problem is that UU3D is unable to convert (import) models to S2TW/FotS file formats and it can hardly manage bone system for engines such as cannons for example.
    The process here is to export models you want to modify from S2TW/FotS using UU3D, save them as .fbx files and then, open them with 3ds max to modify them.
    Then, use CA converter to export the model as cs2 files and use BoB to import it in game.
    Last edited by wangrin; March 14, 2013 at 03:05 AM.

« Le courage, c’est de ne pas subir la loi du mensonge triomphant qui passe, et de ne pas faire écho de notre âme, de notre bouche et de nos mains aux applaudissements imbéciles et aux huées fanatiques.. » Jean JAURES

wangrin, you seem to have a good grasp of the model editing processes. I wonder if you would consider making a more detailed tutorial please? For instance I don't understand the
    need for Ultimate Unwrap 3D now the Assembly Kit has both a CS2 exporter as well as importer plugin for 3DS max 2009/10 - can't it be opened directly in max? (yes I'm n00bish...)

Patrician Artifex

CA provide only a CS2 converter that allow to export .max models to CS2 file format.CS2 file format is used by BoB to create S2TW models using CA file formats such as variant_part_mesh, etc.It is not possible to import S2TW model file formats to 3ds max.