Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: [PREVIEW] Dwarfs

Default Re: New Faction

Just to say : you don't know me, but I'm really fond of what you're doing. I just stay silent and watch, and look forward to further exciting announcements such as this one :-)
    I love the Warhammer universe, i used to play it a few years ago, as the high elves faction. So you're doing exactly what I always hoped to find, one day, in a pc video game : a Warhammer Total War, and focusing on high elves makes it even more appealling to me :-)

So just keep up the good work, and you'll make me happy at the very least.

Kolwen's Avatar Artifex

Thank you dudes. Your support is very appreciated.

paradamed's Avatar Praepositus

You have my support too.

It's all about double standarts. Personally, I have nothing against using content of already existing games, as modding is not commercial. But all of the CoW team might remember, how picky was the whole of TWC to our mod, because we used some Mark of Chaos models. Double standarts, double standarts...

Kolwen's Avatar Artifex

Hey Tsar_Sasha, you have a great mod, and you are a great modding team. I have always been a fan of your work and it's only because of CoW if I started to mod.

We are a very reduced team, most of the times we are not more than one person working at the same time, and believe me, we have worked like slaves despite of what you think about our units.
    Enjoy your deserved success with CoW and let us mod in peace mate. Modding for free is hard enough to have colleagues putting the trip.
    There is enough space for two mods about Warhammer.

If to mod I'll have to endure a war, then I will give up, because I do this for fun, and I have no desire to suffer.

I guess, that my comrades from the team don't have much personally against you and your mod - the thing, that makes them angry is that few years ago there was a massive harrasment on us, for the reasons I gave above. As I had already said, personally, I have absolutely nothing against using existing models. But if one is doing it, and is allowed to do it, everybody should, right?

Kolwen's Avatar Artifex

Before releasing the first beta, we shown our models to the TWC admins and explained what things we were using from other games, what things we had changed from them and what things we had made from scratch. Then we had several conversations with some GW copyright managers and other sources involved and I put all this on the table so the TWC admins could take a decision which took them a month and waited patiently. I don't know how the CoW team managed all that when you released your content. However if they are allowing your team to use content from other games, why should they deny us the same right? If one is doing it, and is allowed to do it, everybody should, right?

For us it took much more time and nerves, and fairly lot of insults, regarding, for example, Russians and Ukrainians as someones, who can only steal, and are inable of creating their own staff etc.

It was far less painful for you, I guess) And some of our team members were surprised at this.
    Also, as The Sundering was originally based on CoW (I'm not denying it's independance and self-suffisience now), many of our team-members believe, that it would be a good tone to share some of your work - not as something compulsory, but as an act of a good will.

Kolwen's Avatar Artifex

Mate, you could be happy for us instead of being angry. I can't speak on name of the twc admins but I am sure they acted as they thought it was fair. I don't think there are political motivations on ther decisions. A pm to them would be better way to ask them than this thread.

About our origins it is not easy. We started as a cow submod, because on the first stages, the sundering was going to be a small work, maybe a couple of new units and a new map, but as I wanted to improve the stability, I decided to use the bare kingdoms tool and started everything from scratch. Only the cow units were in our mod.

But then there come hard times when I made some polite questions to the cow team.
    Sometimes my questions were ignored and other times I get disrespectful answers, so we started to work on our own units.

Finally there was nothing in common with cow, so there was not reason to stay as a submod.
    If at least we would have a good relationship with your comrades... But after all the hard work the only times that some of the cow team members wrote to me was only to ask when were we going to give you our new units.

It is not fair ask for others work when you have denied them your help. Imagine our situation... I had made a submod about settlement textures and I was neither on the credits. Would you say at least thanks If we allow you to use our stuff? We even saw some posts in your forum where some people spoke about use our units without asking... That was too much. We made a private poll and the result was clear. Not to share by the moment.

I think you can understand it. We just want to mod without interfer with your team. You are more and better morders and and you can do it better than us. Let's finish this dude. I am not going to the cow forum to speak bad of it.
    Last edited by Kolwen; July 09, 2012 at 01:51 AM.

OR, maybe just leave us alone for good? we'd never post on your forum to put accusations on you etc.

Have fun with your own modding experience.

"With Hate, all things are possible." Malus Darkblade

Quote Originally Posted by Kolwen View Post
    Mate, you could be happy for us instead of being angry. I can't speak on name of the twc admins but I am sure they acted as they thought it was fair. I don't think there are political motivations on ther decisions. A pm to them would be better way to ask them than this thread.

About our origins it is not easy. We started as a cow submod, because on the first stages, the sundering was going to be a small work, maybe a couple of new units and a new map, but as I wanted to improve the stability, I decided to use the bare kingdoms tool and started everything from scratch. Only the cow units were in our mod.

But then there come hard times when I made some polite questions to the cow team.
    Sometimes my questions were ignored and other times I get disrespectful answers, so we started to work on our own units.

Finally there was nothing in common with cow, so there was not reason to stay as a submod.
    If at least we would have a good relationship with your comrades... But after all the hard work the only times that some of the cow team members wrote to me was only to ask when were we going to give you our new units.

It is not fair ask for others work when you have denied them your help. Imagine our situation... I had made a submod about settlement textures and I was neither on the credits. Would you say at least thanks If we allow you to use our stuff? We even saw some posts in your forum where some people spoke about use our units without asking... That was too much. We made a private poll and the result was clear. Not to share by the moment.

I think you can understand it. We just want to mod without interfer with your team. You are more and better morders and and you can do it better than us. Let's finish this dude. I am not going to the cow forum to speak bad of it.
    Quote Originally Posted by TWmadman View Post
    OR, maybe just leave us alone for good? we'd never post on your forum to put accusations on you etc.

Have fun with your own modding experience.
    Ya'll are bigger than I am, I would have went over there.
    I love this mod and can't wait for the next release. Keep up the great work.
    Got nothing...

Pfft, you can't quit now. I know on my own channel people have been very receptive to The Sundering. Once I make my 'how to install' for the computer novices, maybe some activity here will pick up.

Your models are fantastic and I know you guys tire endlessly over it. Ignore the peanut gallery and focus on what you enjoy.
    Total War Live Commentary: Click Here
    De Bello Mundi: Greek City States
    Third Age Total War: Arnor with MOS
    M&B: Warband: A Clash of Kings
    M&B: Warband: Gekokujo

The Sundering is a beautiful mod, although, I am an Empire man, heart and soul. The battle for the Old World looks awesome and I cant wait to play it. Down with the elves, long live men!

Default Re: New Faction - Dwarfs

There are alot of people who don't even post in this forum that love your work. I am one that has played 0.68 a few times around and generally prefer it to other mods (Even though i own a dwarf wfb army and not a fan of elves). The quality is unbelievably good for a modding team.

AqD's Avatar 。◕‿◕。

Default Re: [PREVIEW] Dwarfs

They look cute!

cannot give you more rep for all these beautiful units!

I just needed to say,

I) I really like dwarves, in general.

II) I very much like your dwarves, they look just right. I hope you won't include the, uh, gyrocopter I think it was called? Always found that one a bit cheesy... ;-)

"To achieve everything that is possible, we must try to do the impossible." (H. Hesse)

When i watch this mod evolving i really got that feeling that something big is happening. I admire your fantastic work. Everything looks really sophisticated (you must be german). You have a good concept and some of the best unit models i`ve ever seen. So really good work guys and thanks for the stability of the beta versions. I think the struggle of the old world release will be an absolut breakthrough. feels bad for the cow team cause then they will look like "deep impact" compared to "Armageddon".
    So please go on with your fantastic work cause my heterosuxuality doesnt allow me to play too much with elvish factions.

irneh's Avatar Civis

lol^^

Quote Originally Posted by Eisenhans View Post
    When i watch this mod evolving i really got that feeling that something big is happening. I admire your fantastic work. Everything looks really sophisticated (you must be german).
    Mmh, I don't know if Kolwen and TWMadman are very happy to be called "germans"; there are some here in Italy who would take it as an offense, because it implies that non-german people are un-sophisticated people unable to create fantastic work. I don't think you really meant it, but I suggest you to be more careful next time
    In 'ur base, killing 'ur dudes.

i'am a ing french, kolwen is a spanish perv

"With Hate, all things are possible." Malus Darkblade

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast